Showing results 1 to 25 of 82
Search took 1.47 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Eugene Blanchard
Forum: Corvette November 7th 07, 12:47 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 2
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
DIY performance mod - Humour

Ever thought of polishing and porting your intake and exhaust ports
yourself? Here's one couple of clueless guys who did it their own...
Forum: Corvette October 6th 07, 12:40 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 11
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
71 W/ starting problem

Keep the original starter for its casting number so later you'll have a
numbers matching engine.

Dave in Lake Villa wrote:

> If you end up replacing the Starter, get a mini gear Starter as they
Forum: Corvette September 29th 07, 04:10 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 8
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
fuel injection cleaner

'Key wrote:

> "nico" > wrote in message
>> normally, my engine idels really loud, and hurts small
>> dogs ears. I
Forum: Corvette September 26th 07, 12:09 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 9
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
Rings not seating on 63 SB

Ric Seyler wrote:

> lib wrote:
>
>>I now have approx. 1500 mi on total re-build (block was bored, new rings,
>>seals, etc.) and still blowing smoke out exhaust when accelerating from
>>stop. The...
Forum: Corvette September 24th 07, 03:03 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 9
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
Rings not seating on 63 SB

Butcher wrote:

> "lib" > wrote in message
>>I now have approx. 1500 mi on total re-build (block was bored, new...
Forum: Corvette September 24th 07, 05:12 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 9
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
Rings not seating on 63 SB

It looks like it could be cylinders not honed properly or wrong oil rings.
Have you checked the compression? Did the guy who put it together check the
ring gap in the cylinders when installing?...
Forum: Corvette September 11th 07, 07:55 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
FS: 1972 Corvette stationwagon

Here's a website dedicated to Vett Wagons. There is a a very interesting 67
Vette wagon. The webmaster's own Vette Wagon burnt to the ground last
month - sad pictures to...
Forum: Corvette September 10th 07, 05:39 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
FS: 1972 Corvette stationwagon

A buddy of mine has a few C3 Corvettes for sale including a 72 Vette Wagon.
Here's the site:

http://www.rickscollectables.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_23

--
Eugene...
Forum: Corvette September 10th 07, 05:35 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette

there is a concern that the cat would plug up with carbon if the egr is
disabled. You might of guessed that the cat is long gone too..

gjt wrote:

> Excellent info. Thank you!!!!!!!!!
>

> "Joe"...
Forum: Corvette September 10th 07, 05:33 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 12
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
EGR Valve on L98

Butcher wrote:

> "Eugene Blanchard" > wrote in message
>> My answer is a little bit off topic but it concerns the egr valve. Don't
Forum: Corvette September 9th 07, 06:13 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 12
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
EGR Valve on L98

My answer is a little bit off topic but it concerns the egr valve. Don't
know where you live but if you don't have yearly smog tests to pass. I
suggest you block off the egr valve.

Now I don't have...
Forum: Corvette August 29th 07, 01:03 AM Posted to ab.forsale,alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 0
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
FS: 1957 Corvette fiberglass replacement body

Selling a new 1956/57 Corvette fiberglass replacement body - purchased last
year. Comes complete with door hinges and latches, trunk and compartment
lid hinges and hood hinges. Doors, trunk lid,...
Forum: Corvette August 28th 07, 05:11 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 0
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
FS 1957 Corvette fiberglass replacement body

Selling a new 1956/57 Corvette fiberglass replacement body - purchased last
year. Comes complete with door hinges and latches, trunk and compartment
lid hinges and hood hinges. Doors, trunk lid,...
Forum: Corvette August 14th 07, 04:02 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 14
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
double camel back heads

http://www.mortec.com/

Works for me.

Carl K wrote:

> Eugene Blanchard wrote:
>> If you know the casting numbers of the heads and the block, you can look
>> up what they are at...
Forum: Corvette August 13th 07, 06:36 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 14
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
double camel back heads

If you know the casting numbers of the heads and the block, you can look up
what they are at http://www.mortec.com

--
Eugene Blanchard
http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas

Empty3 wrote:

> "CardsFan" > wrote in message
>>
>> "PJ" > wrote in message
Forum: Corvette August 10th 07, 04:35 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 31
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
Probably A Dumb Question

Bob I wrote:
<snip>

>> So, can we compromise on: CI, CII, CIII, CIV, CV and CVI ?
>>
>> Dave should be happy!
>> --
>> pj
>>
>> Seriously though, many of the styling changes were influenced by...
Forum: Corvette August 8th 07, 03:47 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 9
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
Ignition Switch

Try WD40 sprayed into the lock. It might work..

> It's a basic column no telescopic or tilt. I got the ring off and the
> turn signal switch is hanging out, I took out the 4 bolts holding the
Forum: Corvette July 28th 07, 11:39 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 7
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
SAE horsepower vs. Bhp

More than you ever want to know about hp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower

doug wrote:

> Can anyone give me a good URL so I can read / learn the difference
> between SAE horsepower and Bhp...
Forum: Corvette July 28th 07, 05:17 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 13
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
1975 Stingray Corvette Convertible... want to sell

Seems they are going for a pretty penny now, follow a few auctions and check
out what's selling on ebaymotors for 1975 and compare to your car:

http://tinyurl.com/yvhul2

Forum: Corvette July 23rd 07, 10:48 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 3
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
Looking for 57 Vette...

I don't have any parts but can point you in the right direction to my list
of links of 1st generation Vette resources including interior...
Forum: Corvette July 17th 07, 05:56 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 2
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
Finding a short

On my 72 Vette, there was a burglar alarm behind the passenger's seat that
would beep a horn near the gas tank. I don't know if the 76 still had one
but it may be a place to look.

You may have a...
Forum: Corvette July 7th 07, 04:45 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 12
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
FS: 1966 Corvette Coupe MINT

'Key wrote:

> <Sammy> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 21:28:29 GMT, "Bob"
>> >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>For Sale 1966...
Forum: Corvette May 15th 07, 12:11 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 15
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
need serious help...79 cam replacement...wont start

That works but if you want to find out TDC exactly to the degree than use
the manometer. One bump and the little pointer that you reference to while
timing could be out by a couple of degrees or...
Forum: Corvette May 14th 07, 06:18 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 15
Posted By Eugene Blanchard
need serious help...79 cam replacement...wont start

Here's how I set hydraulic lifters:

http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas/54pontiac/tappets.html

Tried a bunch of methods but this one worked the best.

Tom in Missouri wrote:

> This is the simplest...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 82