Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: btgoss
Forum: Simulators August 13th 08, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 66
Posted By btgoss
How long will iRacing survive as subscription service?

City of Heroes has around 130K subscribers.
Eve Online has around 70K subscribers.
I have posted many times that for iRacing to be successful it is going
to need numbers at least approaching Eve...
Forum: Simulators July 22nd 08, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 23
Posted By btgoss
Brian Zerkle Banned from iRacing!

On Jul 21, 4:33*pm, Phil Newnham > wrote:
> Do you use an assumed name when you go to a bar, as well? And hide behind a mask, in case someone
> recognises you when they see you on...
Forum: Simulators July 14th 08, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 140
Posted By btgoss
iRacing... help... must... resist!

> >> Andrew McP
> > I agree with you 100%. I share your view that they are taking this
> > very seriously. Unfortunately, I think that is why it may ultimately
> > have to become more of a stand...
Forum: Simulators July 11th 08, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 140
Posted By btgoss
iRacing... help... must... resist!

On Jul 10, 2:37*pm, (Andrew
MacPherson) wrote:

> I think that would be a brilliant step forward eventually. However I do
> think, on reflection, that where we're...
Forum: Simulators June 27th 08, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 99
Posted By btgoss
iRacing = crack in a box

On Jun 27, 10:07*am, Ronald Stoehr > wrote:
> BTW, who wants to race total strangers in a pick up race anyway? There's only
> a 1% chance to have a race without a crash kiddie...
Forum: Simulators June 25th 08, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 99
Posted By btgoss
iRacing = crack in a box

On Jun 25, 11:56*am, Jack > wrote:
> btgoss wrote:
> > This is not really expensive.
>
> > World of Warcraft... the real "crack" of the intertubes... is $155 US
> > a year...
Forum: Simulators June 25th 08, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 99
Posted By btgoss
iRacing = crack in a box

This is not really expensive.

World of Warcraft... the real "crack" of the intertubes... is $155 US
a year (without tax) if purchased at the lowest bulk rate.
iRacing is totally inline with this...
Forum: Simulators June 8th 08, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By btgoss
iRacing Invites

Is this legit?
There are invites for the Beta?
Is it free?
I am thinking this smells like a scam, since I know how hard they
worked to keep the beta's so private.
Forum: Simulators June 8th 08, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 99
Posted By btgoss
iRacing = crack in a box

> Never heard of anyone with a real name like "Cowboy Bob" before. Cool. Have
> to say though, only morons use their real name on the internet.

But I see his point.
I am BTGoss, that is my name...
Forum: Simulators June 6th 08, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 99
Posted By btgoss
iRacing = crack in a box

Ok.
So what am I going to need to bring to the dance to get the most out
of this sim?

I dropped out of the Beta a loooong time ago from cancer, and while
things are much better (still alive,...
Forum: Simulators February 21st 08, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 11
Posted By btgoss
IRL/Champ Car deal reportedly done

On Feb 20, 7:04 am, Uwe Schürkamp > wrote:
> Thank $DEITY that stupid split is over. I hope they keep the road
> courses in the schedule for good and that they make a return...
Forum: Simulators February 1st 08, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 118
Posted By btgoss
IRacing Pricing

I agree this concept should put an end to the problems of making
certain you have the correct software, and something I hadn't seen
mentioned previously in this thread, it should also help to...
Forum: Simulators January 24th 08, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 118
Posted By btgoss
IRacing Pricing

On Jan 23, 11:47 pm, wrote:
> http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=309713
>
> As little as $13 a month for a year subscription. That's with limited
> content, though. ...
Forum: Simulators December 26th 07, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By btgoss
Arca Sim Racing

On Dec 23, 9:41 pm, "Don Schwartz Jr"
> wrote:
> Suprised to see no chatter about this new stock car sim. They've had a
> couple practice broadcast and are close to...
Forum: Simulators December 18th 07, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 6
Posted By btgoss
iRacing Article from Orlando Sentinel

On Dec 18, 3:04 am, "Byron Forbes" > wrote:
> then I think a figure of $40/month sounds pretty good.
>
> Also, patching, modding, finding tracks, series, etc, etc,...
Forum: Simulators December 17th 07, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 6
Posted By btgoss
iRacing Article from Orlando Sentinel

> We shall have to wait and see what the iRacing minds have for us.
>
> Cheers
> Tony

I agree, but a monthly fee of around $25.00 (US) a month seems like it
would be logical. World of Warcraft is...
Forum: Simulators December 11th 07, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 12
Posted By btgoss
New sim coming out??

> Just curious, as I really can't seem to tell - are these guys actually going
> to produce a racing sim, for the home pc crowd?
>
> --
> Don

I'm with you.. I still don't really have a sense if this...
Forum: Simulators October 25th 07, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By btgoss
Racing Legends update

On Oct 25, 5:52 am, John Adams > wrote:
> Tim Epstein wrote:
> > I wonder what Chris and Tony West are up to these days...
>
> > Tim
>
> I want to know what they did with Gregor...
Forum: Simulators July 27th 07, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 6
Posted By btgoss
Kinda quiet about Nascar 08?

Does it have the modifieds in it?
Forum: Simulators June 11th 07, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By btgoss
Speedgeezers

It's a shame they are gone. I had raced with the guys from GROWL for a
bit when the Nascar group started, and that site was a big help in
getting the races started.

Hopefully they will be back soon.
Forum: Simulators April 16th 07, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 16
Posted By btgoss
NASCAR on RFactor is a joke

thank you for this post Plowboy
Forum: Simulators March 13th 07, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By btgoss
Speedway Expo - possible IRacing photo.

Here is a link to a photo from the Speedway Expo (about 2 weeks ago in
Mass.)

If anyone was in attendance could you comment on if this is the
IRacing game or not. They had advertised as being there...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22