Replies: 2
Posted By John David Galt
Multilane roundabout navigation

On 08/22/2016 07:13 PM, Arif Khokar wrote:
> I've been reading up on multilane roundabouts and have noticed that in
> many cases, they allow traffic in outer lane of the roundabout to
> proceed...
Forum: Technology January 23rd 16, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 24
Posted By John David Galt
I'm looking for a car

On 2016-01-23 09:57, dunno wrote:
> I'm looking for a car. My preferences a
>
> - manual non-synchronized transmission
> - engine brakes
> - preferably all wheel drive
>
> What options do I...
Forum: Driving July 22nd 15, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 2
Posted By John David Galt
BAN RADAR DETECTORS!!!

Heads up, everybody, S&DDAM's back.
Forum: Driving January 8th 13, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 13
Posted By John David Galt
Turn Signal Habits That Will Make You Lots of Friends On TheRoad!

You forgot:

#7: Signal your intent to change lanes in advance, so other drivers can forcibly
prevent you from ever doing it.
Forum: Driving November 24th 12, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 56
Posted By John David Galt
Way To Go, TexasS!

On 2012-11-24 02:41, Arif Khokar wrote:
> The speed limit is supposed to be the upper bound, not the exact speed you travel.
> Therefore, you're supposed to drive slower in inclement weather...
Forum: Driving September 3rd 12, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 21
Posted By John David Galt
DHS now going after Drunk Drivers - YAY

On 2012-09-02 20:17, richard wrote:
> TSA agents have no legal authority to act as police officers.
> They are nothing more than private security guards.
> If a TSA agent ever pulled me over for any...
Forum: Driving September 2nd 12, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 44
Posted By John David Galt
They walk among us...again

On 2012-08-29 20:11, Harry K wrote:
> Neither of the morons thought of the simple solution TURN IT OFF,
> STUPID!

Turning off most cars locks the steering wheel.
Forum: Driving August 8th 12, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 10
Posted By John David Galt
Unrepentent Massachusetts Teen Driver Sentenced For Killing ByText, 1 year..

>>> What is your _honest_ estimate of the percentage of people who would
>>> wear seatbelts if there wasn't a penalty for not wearing them?

>> What difference does the answer make?
>> What gives you...
Forum: Driving May 29th 12, 06:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 51
Posted By John David Galt
Turnsignal - never saw before

On 2012-05-27 18:36, wrote:
> I explained my reason for doing it - take it or leave it. NO BAH DEE leaves
> three seconds betw themself and the driver in front of them, not even...
Forum: Driving May 20th 12, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 106
Posted By John David Galt
Tell them h--- no.......... police state.......Police want toscan license plates on I-15

>> At any rate, both speeding and tailgating are victimless crimes. Until an actual
>> crash takes place, no one has done wrong unless he violates right-of-way. The
>> law will be rightly scoffed...
Forum: Driving May 20th 12, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

On 2012-05-20 09:00, Tom $herman (-_-) > wrote:
> Driving is boring - you can't hang off the seat in turns, get the front end
> off the ground with the throttle, or the back end with the...
Forum: Driving May 20th 12, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

On 2012-05-20 08:38, Tom $herman (-_-) > wrote:
> I think mobile car crushers should be implemented for tailgaters. Or allow
> the use of RPG's in self-defense.

When they invent tech that makes it...
Forum: Driving May 15th 12, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 8
Posted By John David Galt
Driving Behind Vans/SUV's

On 2012-05-09 08:33, wrote:
> Not to mention drivers of such vehicles, as well as pickup trucks, seem to think
> that turn signal usage does not apply to them. And I don't care if...
Forum: Driving May 15th 12, 09:22 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving,alt.society.liberalism
Replies: 4
Posted By John David Galt
Do you threaten pedestrians on sidewalk?

On 2012-05-14 19:39, hachiroku wrote:
> No. Why do bicyclists threaten me in the road?

Probably because most bikes are made with handlebars so low that they force the
rider to look down instead of...
Forum: Driving May 6th 12, 09:07 PM Posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 101
Posted By John David Galt
U.S. regulators seek brake-throttle override mandate for alllight vehicles

On 2012-05-05 19:41, jim beam wrote:
> On 05/05/2012 06:07 PM, John David Galt wrote:
>> On 2012-04-14 12:27, jim beam wrote:
>>> and i think the most important one, no jumping back and forth with...
Forum: Driving May 6th 12, 02:07 AM Posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.tech

On 2012-04-14 12:27, jim beam wrote:
> and i think the most important one, no jumping back and forth with lobbying jobs
> and boardroom appointments either! the revolving door between "regulators"...
Forum: Driving February 22nd 12, 06:29 AM Posted to ca.politics,ca.driving,misc.survivalism,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics
Replies: 16
Posted By John David Galt
Cracking down on parking meter cheaters

>> When cities stop creating deliberate shortages of parking, especially
>> downtown, in order to prey upon the public, then it will be possible for the
>> public to do wrong by overstaying parking...
Forum: Driving February 19th 12, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Replies: 18
Posted By John David Galt
Chains

>> In theory my tires take Laclede 1038 (cable, s-type), but they're too
>> long. The instructions say not to use those O-ring chain tighteners, but
>> what do they know? Have any of you actually...
Forum: Driving January 20th 12, 06:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 11
Posted By John David Galt
Texas License Plates Become Optional

Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
> Claims? Just go ahead and register your vehicle there*.
>
> *Allowed for corporations, perhaps not for individuals. One of the
> contractors for our local utility has all...
Forum: Driving January 4th 12, 02:11 AM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 4
Posted By John David Galt
BMW driver threatens to sue her local council over plans forblanket 20mph limit saying it will damage the car's engine

> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2080986/BMW-driver-threatens-sue-local-council-plans-blanket-20mph-limit-saying-damage-cars-engine.html

It speaks poorly of the Cleveleys council that they...
Forum: Driving December 10th 11, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 5
Posted By John David Galt
Petrolhead gives old 1967 chevrolet a top speed of 300mph¿ by strapping a cruise missile to the roof | Mail Online

> "Bob Cratchet" wrote:
>> In the Southwest years ago someone strapped JATO Rockets to a Chevy.
>> They lost control above 200 mph or some such, left the road on a curve
>> and went very fast, into...
Forum: Driving November 26th 11, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 6
Posted By John David Galt
Illusory superiority

gpsman wrote:
> Illusory superiority is a cognitive bias that causes people to
> overestimate their positive qualities and abilities and to
> underestimate their negative qualities, relative to...
Forum: Driving October 25th 11, 12:01 AM Posted to talk.politics.misc,rec.autos.driving,soc.culture.usa,soc.retirement,rec.arts.books
Replies: 29
Posted By John David Galt
Where do the Seniors stand on the Class Struggle?

On 2011-10-24 04:00, David1950 wrote:
> damn you're an ignorant trailer trash ****head,
>
> how do you think they pay for the dirt road to your trailer park ?

Gas taxes and local property taxes. ...
Forum: Driving October 20th 11, 07:59 PM Posted to talk.politics.misc,rec.autos.driving,soc.culture.usa,soc.retirement,rec.arts.books

On 2011-10-20 11:21, Jerry Okamura wrote:
> No one should be "sacrificed"......

Indeed. "Class struggle" is a Communist idea. Anyone who supports it should
move to Cuba and not come back.
Forum: Driving October 20th 11, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Replies: 144
Posted By John David Galt
Why highways move more swiftly when you force cars to crawl alongat 55 mph.

> Mathematically, that doesn't really hold true if you measure following
> distance in seconds rather than feet. Higher speeds *always* result
> in more capacity.

Good catch.

California imposes a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 411