Showing results 1 to 25 of 57
Search took 0.54 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Doe
Forum: Simulators October 4th 10, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 1
Posted By John Doe
Simulation racing with bumper cars?

Why not combine the realism of a racing simulator with the
outrageous fun of bumper cars? I have Race 07 and apparently it
runs on Steam. But I doubt they have figured out the potential fun
of the...
Forum: Simulators August 23rd 09, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 0
Posted By John Doe
iRacing rip off

"jeffareid" > wrote:

>> > "Your Credit Card was charged: $17.50"
>
>> This is how subscriptions work. A lot of companies will mention
>> it is a rolling subscription in very...
Forum: Simulators August 23rd 09, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By John Doe
NFS Shift - wondering how sim like it will be?

"jeffareid" > wrote:

> The team working on NFS Shift includes 25 former GTR employess.
> EA has the money, the people, the resources, and apparently
> access to quite a bit of...
Forum: Simulators August 23rd 09, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By John Doe
iRacing videos

"David G Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass aol> wrote:

> "jeffareid" <jeffareid hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:vVf9m.30663$FP2.29510 newsfe05.iad...
>> Made a couple of videos with the...
Forum: Simulators September 26th 08, 10:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 38
Posted By John Doe
iRacing mentioned on BBC news!

"jeffareid" > wrote:

>>> That sounds a bit bitchy. I apologise... it's a knee-jerk
>>> reaction to the iRacing email I just received telling me about
>>> the Silverado. I...
Forum: Simulators September 26th 08, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

mcp.andrew DELETTHISgmail.com (Andrew MacPherson) wrote:

> That sounds a bit bitchy. I apologise... it's a knee-jerk reaction
> to the iRacing email I just received telling me about the
> Silverado....
Forum: Simulators September 23rd 08, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 15
Posted By John Doe
Realistic racing and bumper cars?

"jeffareid" > wrote:

>>> Not when thse skillful drivers brake for corner entry, and the
>>> driver behind choose to ram them.
>
>> I disagree. Maybe we can get together and...
Forum: Simulators September 23rd 08, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

"jeffareid" > wrote:

>>> The normal strategy is to brake too late, ram
>>> the opponent car from behind, sending that car off track, and
>>> slowing your car enough to make the...
Forum: Simulators September 21st 08, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

"jeffareid" > wrote:

>> I like the idea of total realism with respect to the interaction
>> of wheels on the pavement combined with the fun of being
>> indestructible.

Forum: Simulators September 20th 08, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

Peter > wrote:

> says...
>>
>> Unless you are planning on becoming a race driver, for which you
>> will need a lot more than a...
Forum: Simulators September 19th 08, 07:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 22
Posted By John Doe
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo Steering Wheel Review

> A lot of technology of this wheel is hidden under the hood just
> like the engine of a Porsche ;). The belts are imported from the
> UK for example...
Forum: Simulators September 18th 08, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 10
Posted By John Doe
Road Course Aliens in iRacing Rookie Solstice

"Ed Medlin" <ed@ edmedlin.com> wrote:

> I was doing a qualifying session in the Rookie Solstice at LRP
> and was
> having a tough time even getting my times down into the 1:06s. I
Forum: Simulators September 18th 08, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By John Doe
Race 07 Silence shifting noise?

Apparently the WAV sound files cannot be deleted, but they can be
replaced, and that does change the sound.
Forum: Simulators September 18th 08, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By John Doe
Race 07 Silence shifting noise?

Currently looking at "gear change" files in
....\gamedata\Sounds\Car
but they did not appear to be standard WAV files.
Forum: Simulators September 18th 08, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By John Doe
Race 07 Silence shifting noise?

Race 07.
I enjoy clearly hearing the tire skid noise, but that makes the
shifting noise very loud. Without lowering tire skid noise, is there
a way to silence the clutch/transmission noise? Or maybe...
Forum: Simulators September 18th 08, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 15
Posted By John Doe
Realistic racing and bumper cars?

Unless you are planning on becoming a race driver, for which you
will need a lot more than a simulator, why worry about crashing
while racing? Personally, I like the idea of total realism...
Forum: Simulators September 17th 08, 06:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By John Doe
GTR Evolution SecuROM problems

rqk > wrote:

> John Doe wrote:

>> ... To switch between my two monitors, I use Windows display
>> properties, ...apparently the SecuROM protection sees that as an
>> attempt to pirate the...
Forum: Simulators September 13th 08, 06:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By John Doe
GTR Evolution SecuROM problems

My computer has been set up to work with a steering wheel. The main
monitor is used for the wheel, a secondary monitor is used for
ordinary tasks when I'm lying down. To switch between my two...
Forum: Simulators September 13th 08, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 11
Posted By John Doe
Just how popular is Forza 2?

Ronald Stoehr > wrote:

> schooner wrote:

>> That is correct, there is none, although I prefer hood/roof view but
>> those views don't even have a mirror either.
>
> Well, if...
Forum: Simulators September 13th 08, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 30
Posted By John Doe
GTR Evo Arrived...

"PlowBoy," > wrote:
> "John Doe" > wrote in message
>> "PlowBoy" <Vista sucks.com> wrote:

Forum: Simulators September 13th 08, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Larry" > wrote:

> Everyone does.

No way.

> You can't NOT have it.

I do NOT have it.
Forum: Simulators September 13th 08, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

Tim Wheatley > wrote:

>> Why not post your review here?

> Same reason those rollerblade photos aren't here. The article
> wouldn't display as I...
Forum: Simulators September 12th 08, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 30
Posted By John Doe
GTR Evo Arrived...

"PlowBoy," <A KS.com> wrote:
> "jeffareid" <jeffareid hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Larry" > wrote:

>>> No One races with a keyboard.
>>
>> "No One" must be an LFS fan, since a...
Forum: Simulators September 11th 08, 07:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 30
Posted By John Doe
GTR Evo Arrived...

Peter <pete.ivesAll_stRESS blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> jdoe usenetlove.invalid says...
>> "Larry" <none none.com> wrote:
>>
>> > And folks wonder why I just can't get into ISI based sims

Forum: Simulators September 11th 08, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 30
Posted By John Doe
GTR Evo Arrived...

"PlowBoy" <Vista sucks.com> wrote:

> "John Doe" <jdoe usenetlove.invalid> wrote in message

> WOW...
>
> Love how you newbs (jdoe) find a newsgroup, that has been around
> for uh um oh about 20...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 57