Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pat Dotson
Forum: Simulators September 1st 11, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 26
FFB
Posted By Pat Dotson
FFB

If Mario's recommended settings resulted in only the largest spike in
forces to be clipped, I would find that perfectly reasonable. If the
addition of damper results in a more realistic feel for...
Forum: Simulators August 31st 11, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 26
FFB
Posted By Pat Dotson
FFB

> * * * * What can I say, there is something wrong here. I definitely KNOW
> what clipping is, and definitely feel it, there is no doubt about it.

What is it that you feel that you are calling...
Forum: Simulators August 30th 11, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 26
FFB
Posted By Pat Dotson
FFB

I tried your 139/139/139/100 settings with various in-game FFB
strengths. The wheel (G25) was clipping constantly with anything but
an in-game setting of around 1 or 2.

If it's damping that you...
Forum: Simulators August 29th 11, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 26
FFB
Posted By Pat Dotson
FFB

On Aug 21, 6:44*am, "Mario Petrinovic" >
wrote:
> * * * * First, I don't have access to forum.

Right. The cut you off because of this exact nonsense.

> * * * *...
Forum: Simulators August 4th 11, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By Pat Dotson
Secrets of FFB

Against my better judgement...

1) How can you confirm that you aren't clipping the FFB forces? How
do you go about setting your in-car FFB strength so that you don't
clip?

2) What does FOV have to...
Forum: Simulators August 1st 11, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 9
Posted By Pat Dotson
New Tire Model on iRacing

On Jun 9, 2:31*pm, Penis Boy > wrote:
> this pat fruit is one long winded *******

You had me at "Hello".
Forum: Simulators May 24th 11, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 9
Posted By Pat Dotson
New Tire Model on iRacing

On May 19, 9:26*am, (Andrew MacPherson)
wrote:
> Well, tyre models are notoriously tricky, so I'm not too concerned about the delay.

Tires are not so tricky to...
Forum: Simulators May 18th 11, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 9
Posted By Pat Dotson
New Tire Model on iRacing

> > Two questions; 1) What do you expect to change with the new tire
> > model? *2) What do you think of the delays in releasing the NW car
> > with the new tire model?

Guess I'll answer them...
Forum: Simulators May 18th 11, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 1
Posted By Pat Dotson
New Tire Model on iRacing

Two questions; 1) What do you expect to change with the new tire
model? 2) What do you think of the delays in releasing the NW car
with the new tire model?
Forum: Simulators June 25th 10, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By Pat Dotson
iRacing Mustang

So, is it out?
Forum: Simulators June 18th 10, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By Pat Dotson
Real Feel Needed

Found a link that works;

http://rs125.rapidshare.com/files/14...lfeel_v092.rar
Forum: Simulators June 17th 10, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By Pat Dotson
Real Feel Needed

All the download links I've found are dead. Anyone know of a live
one? Or, could you email the latest version to me at
?
Forum: Simulators June 15th 10, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By Pat Dotson
iRacing Mustang

Heard Mid-Ohio was out. Is the Mustang out too? If so, anyone driven
the Mustang enough yet to give some feedback?

--
Pat Dotson
Forum: Simulators June 15th 10, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

> > ...but could it be something to do with bump/rebound or
> > spring/damper settings being soft so they are
> > compressing/decompressing?
>
> Perhaps. I'll try turning them to zero. However, it...
Forum: Simulators June 14th 10, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 8
Posted By Pat Dotson
iRacing Discussion Forum

So my iRacing subscription is expired. Forum access is denied, so
it's hard to keep up with developments.

Are there any other discussion forums out there where I can keep
informed?

Pat Dotson
Forum: Simulators June 14th 10, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 13
Posted By Pat Dotson
GPL question

> It's far too long since I played GPL...

Same here. But, generally speaking, increasing rebound damping should
help that. Stiffening front and rear roll bars might also help.

Pat Dotson
Forum: Simulators June 14th 10, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 17
Posted By Pat Dotson
iRacing hits 9000 axctive drivers in May

> Hard to say, no one publishes the "didn't renew" numbers.

I'm one of those right now. Been there since it went to beta. My
second 1-years subscription ran out last week. I just don't...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17