Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 4.37 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Lanny Chambers
Forum: Mazda March 12th 11, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 33
Posted By Lanny Chambers
215/40-R16 Yokohama S.Drive tires

In article
xyzzy > wrote:

> Can you elaborate on what you mean
> by "not very crisp" turn-in?

Sure. When...
Forum: Mazda February 23rd 11, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Carbon > wrote:

> Having lived in Alberta and Vancouver, I always thought snow and ice was
> a bit less...
Forum: Mazda February 22nd 11, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Alan Baker > wrote:

> That having been said, I'll take the new rubber out on an empty parking
> lot the first...
Forum: Mazda February 22nd 11, 06:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Alan Baker > wrote:

> Lanny, with respect, I think you're overstating the case.

I'm just relating personal...
Forum: Mazda February 21st 11, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Alan Baker > wrote:

> I do some winter driving on snowy roads, but I managed
> that alright when I as on my...
Forum: Mazda February 20th 11, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Alan Baker > wrote:

> I've done some checking and a lot of people seem to think a lot about
> the S.Drive's...
Forum: Mazda February 20th 11, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Alan Baker > wrote:

> Why the S.Drives? They seem very well regarded as all-around performance
> tires, but...
Forum: Mazda January 14th 11, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 15
Posted By Lanny Chambers
Thinking about an NB

In article >,
"miker" > wrote:

> > I guess I wasn't clear - I meant that the ethanol content has lowered mpg
> > noticeably. I'm...
Forum: Mazda December 27th 10, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By Lanny Chambers
Three Wise Men

In article >,
"johnny p." > wrote:

> Go see the Top Gear guys drive a Miata (and a couple of other lesser
> cars) recreating the Three Wise...
Forum: Mazda December 5th 10, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 34
Posted By Lanny Chambers
Ford Cuts Mazda Stake from 11% to 3.5%

In article
Hal > wrote:

> I watched my folks go through two Tauruses and in the really early
> 80's, a Chevy...
Forum: Mazda November 30th 10, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 12
Posted By Lanny Chambers
Is this as fast as a Miata?

In article >,
"Stuart H." > wrote:

> >> How would you like to do 1050 mph in a land vehicle?
> >
> > No, I wouldn't..... at 1050 mph you probably...
Forum: Mazda November 26th 10, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 34
Posted By Lanny Chambers
Ford Cuts Mazda Stake from 11% to 3.5%

In article >, Don Q
wrote:

> In other words, Ford owning 3.5% of Mazda does not mean 3.5% of your
> MX-5 is made by Ford.

Right. The Ford...
Forum: Mazda October 27th 10, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 40
Posted By Lanny Chambers
35.97 mpg...

In article
"Tim M." > wrote:

> "Normal" cars are, in fact, designed to happily process E10, and...
Forum: Mazda October 26th 10, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 40
Posted By Lanny Chambers
35.97 mpg...

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> Corn is best used for moonshine!

Well, that and tortillas.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO

In article >, Don Q
wrote:

> On the other hand alcohol has lower emissions

Not when you include all the diesel fuel burned to produce and...
Forum: Mazda October 23rd 10, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 40
Posted By Lanny Chambers
35.97 mpg...

In article
"Tim M." > wrote:

> Furthermore, a 90/10 gasoline/ethanol mixture does not reduce...
Forum: Mazda October 16th 10, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 40
Posted By Lanny Chambers
35.97 mpg...

In article
xyzzy > wrote:

> 27ish is about what I average in my '96 in mixed but weighted toward
> highway...
Forum: Mazda October 14th 10, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 11
Posted By Lanny Chambers
NA Sticky Exterior Door Handle

In article >,
Christopher Muto > wrote:

> Are you saying that I can get a new spring from
> rosenthal...
Forum: Mazda October 7th 10, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 18
Posted By Lanny Chambers
Tires for a '90 Miata

In article >,
Christopher Muto > wrote:

> the speedometer would indeed read 2% too slow if going from a 185/60/14
> to a...
Forum: Mazda October 4th 10, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 24
Posted By Lanny Chambers
What's your longest one day Miata drive?

In article >,
"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> That sounds pretty darn bad-a_s actually.

Some of the passes were so good, we had to turn...
Forum: Mazda October 3rd 10, 06:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> What's your longest 'pleasure drive' Lanny?

Hey, that 1500 miles to Sierra Vista included...
Forum: Mazda October 2nd 10, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 24
Posted By Lanny Chambers
What's your longest one day Miata drive?

> What's your longest 1 day
> Miata journey?

It was the first day of a 2-week vacation, St. Louis to Sierra Vista,
AZ: 1500 miles in 25 hours, straight through with stops only for gas and
food. My...
Forum: Mazda September 28th 10, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Alan Baker > wrote:

> I drove around the loop from Vancouver, past Whistler, past Pemberton,
> up to Lilooet...
Forum: Mazda September 16th 10, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 18
Posted By Lanny Chambers
Tires for a '90 Miata

In article
"Tim M." > wrote:

> > > But there WAS a typo the I was looking for good thread-wear,...
Forum: Mazda September 15th 10, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 18
Posted By Lanny Chambers
Tires for a '90 Miata