Showing results 1 to 25 of 52
Search took 0.87 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chas Hurst
Forum: Mazda July 6th 09, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 10
Posted By Chas Hurst
6th gear change 2005 MazdaSpeed?

"Lanny Chambers" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Chas Hurst"...
Forum: Mazda July 6th 09, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 10
Posted By Chas Hurst
6th gear change 2005 MazdaSpeed?

"Lanny Chambers" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Chuck" >...
Forum: Mazda April 27th 09, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 21
Posted By Chas Hurst
clutch / transmission question

> wrote in message
>I believe the specs call for 75w90 gear oil in the dif.

Forum: Mazda March 15th 09, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By Chas Hurst
95, head locating dowel

"peter" > wrote in message
> sigh,
>
> i found the head locating dowel on the floor of my garage and while i
> probably know the...
Forum: Mazda March 10th 09, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 18
Posted By Chas Hurst
2008 MX-5 factory workshop manual doesn't explain how stuff works?

"hillpc" > wrote in message
> Interesting difference in approach between GM and Mazda, with GM
Forum: Mazda January 14th 09, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 35
Posted By Chas Hurst
So It Isn't A Miata But It Is Interesting

"Grant Edwards" > wrote in message
> On 2009-01-14, Chas Hurst > wrote:
>
>> As you should and have. Most of...
Forum: Mazda January 14th 09, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"John McGaw" > wrote in message
> Chas Hurst wrote:
Forum: Mazda January 14th 09, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"John McGaw" > wrote in message
> miker wrote:
>>> Having said that, I don't think I'd want an oil-powered Miata/MX
>>> 5/Roadster...
Forum: Mazda October 14th 08, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By Chas Hurst
O2 sensor in muffler?

"miker" > wrote in message
>> According to Rod's Enthusiast's Shop Manual, there is an oxygen sensor
>> before...
Forum: Mazda October 1st 08, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By Chas Hurst
motor rebuild: how to proceed

"peter" > wrote in message
> XS11E wrote:
>> peter > wrote:
>>
>>> so, after a bit thought, i wonder if it would be...
Forum: Mazda September 10th 08, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By Chas Hurst
Brake work

"XS11E" > wrote in message

> That's the best way but there isn't always room to do that.

I've removed calipers to get a...
Forum: Mazda September 10th 08, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By Chas Hurst
Brake work

"XS11E" > wrote in message

> Bleeder valves were often stuck, they may come out without breaking if
> you're very careful...
Forum: Mazda June 16th 07, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 18
Posted By Chas Hurst
R12 to R134a conversion in MX5 Miata

"XS11E" > wrote in message
> "Chas Hurst" > wrote:
>
>> No compressor I ever bought had oil in it....
Forum: Mazda June 16th 07, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 18
Posted By Chas Hurst
R12 to R134a conversion in MX5 Miata

The oil in a new compressor is assembly oil. I very much doubt that
refigerant was loaded into the compressor since it would escape during
fitting. The EPA would be unhappy. More likely it was...
Forum: Mazda June 16th 07, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 18
Posted By Chas Hurst
R12 to R134a conversion in MX5 Miata

No compressor I ever bought had oil in it. The oil absorbs moisture. The
proper oil is supplied seperately.

"XS11E" > wrote in message...
Forum: Mazda May 7th 07, 07:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 41
Posted By Chas Hurst
Timing belt question

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message

>> The rubber is harder when the belt is cold?
>>

> I think it's very likely that's...
Forum: Mazda May 1st 07, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By Chas Hurst
Bad valve guides cause check engine light to come on?

> wrote in message
> Have a 2000 Mazda Protege ES with 127k on it
>
> Check engine light keeps coming on so took it to
> Autozone...
Forum: Mazda March 19th 07, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 1
Posted By Chas Hurst
1995 Mazada Miata Oil Leak

> wrote in message
>I recently had the oil pan seal replaced. Within ten day the real
> seal on the transmission...
Forum: Mazda February 28th 07, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By Chas Hurst
Question on brake wear

"Chuck" > wrote in message
> What did you do on the "Test Drive"?
> There is a short brake-in period that seats the pads. You should...
Forum: Mazda February 7th 07, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 11
Posted By Chas Hurst
99 Miata EGR light - only when tank is 1/2 full

"XS11E" > wrote in message
> "Chas Hurst" > wrote:
>
>> There is no EGR light on my '99. Are you refering...
Forum: Mazda February 7th 07, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Chuck" > wrote in message
> Is this a US model 99?
> The US models have OBDII, which if the ECU light is on, sets a code. This
Forum: Mazda January 13th 07, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 17
Posted By Chas Hurst
Better newsreader

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message
> I've seen this mentioned before but being 'comfortable' with how Outlook
> Express works...
Forum: Mazda January 4th 07, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 23
Posted By Chas Hurst
cyl head removal and oil pan removal.

"mikestp" > wrote in message
> Lanny Chambers wrote:
>> In article <UN3nh.119783$hn.45163@edtnps82>,
>> mikestp >...
Forum: Mazda January 3rd 07, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"mikestp" > wrote in message
>I am considering doing a removal and rebuild of the top end. But I was
>also considering a re-ring . I...
Forum: Mazda December 11th 06, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By Chas Hurst
Double hoop showbar install?

"Iva" > wrote in message ...
> Dave wrote:
>> Hi,
>> My GF is buying a very nice '01 se. That car is too much fun! The
>> question is, She likes the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 52