Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 4.27 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jim Warman
Forum: Ford Mustang October 3rd 10, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By Jim Warman
Fastest Mustang Ever?

Well... that "Chrysler Hemi Engine" is a real loose fit. There are a few
hemi knock offs used in top fuel and alcohol cars... but I don't tionk any
of these teams are using stock hemi blocks. Ed...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 3rd 10, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim Warman
Muscle cars = luxury cars

In the 60s, the Lincoln was AT LEAST twice as big as the Mustang....
Today... not so much....

It would be nice if one or two of your posts had any logical reasoning.

Do you wnat to buy a Mustang?...
Forum: Technology September 19th 10, 03:44 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Jim Warman
NHTSA investigating Ford F150 fuel tank straps - recall coming?

Annual? Every 3000 miles or 3 months you should be changing the oil on your
vehicle. While you are under there is an ideal time to check all manner of
things. Disc brakes - oil leaks -...
Forum: Technology September 19th 10, 09:12 AM Posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.tech,alt.trucks.ford,alt.ford.trucks
Replies: 37
Posted By Jim Warman
Can I change the freeze plugs on a 4.9L without removing the engine?

I don't know where you live but imagine your idea of cold and my idea of
cold differ.

I have never seen a "freeze" plug push out to save the block... This isn't
the "job" of the plug anyway... see...
Forum: Ford Explorer September 19th 10, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 11
Posted By Jim Warman
Likely the alternator?

This is a really good way to spike the electronics in the vehicle... insert
the sound of rolling dice here... was that six shots or five - how lucky do
ya feel punk?

I hope I never have to ride in...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 11th 10, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 8
Posted By Jim Warman
Sick of muscle cars being wrecked in movies

How do you feel about "demolition derby"?

"Rich" > wrote in message
> It really is annoying. Like some Hollywood Cabal plot...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 5th 10, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 10
Posted By Jim Warman
Another Reason To Own A Mustang

There is a difference between "repair" and "maintenance".

Consider parts regarded as "sacrificial"... These would include any and all
"normal wear" parts.... including brake pads and rotors, ball...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 5th 10, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 10
Posted By Jim Warman
Another Reason To Own A Mustang

"Collector car insurance"?

I am sure that there might be some codicils to that kind of deal.... Or are
you suggesting that telling lies is the new morality?

"Rich" > wrote in...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 28th 10, 06:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos,rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 14
Posted By Jim Warman
If you think your area traffic is bad...

Yep.....

Kind of ironic, yeah?

"Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 22:47:10 -0700, Tim Howard wrote:

Forum: Ford Explorer August 21st 10, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Jim Warman
1999 Limited

Ping Anthony Giorgianno.... he has a 92 with something like a gazillion
miles on it... Well... that may be a wee bit of an exaggeration - but it is
a few... Many others that have come and gone (and...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 14th 10, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 16
Posted By Jim Warman
2011 5L weighs almost 3900lbs

"Rich" > wrote in message

> You really should be driving a 1995 V-6, being such an old lady Volvo
> driver.

Ok..........
Forum: Ford Mustang August 7th 10, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 16
Posted By Jim Warman
2011 5L weighs almost 3900lbs

Stir up ****? This is Rich... from Rich, this is as good as it gets...

I'm waiting for "julienne fries should be krinkle cut" and "why is frozen
desert frozen?" and "how come Steve McQueen didn't...
Forum: Technology August 7th 10, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Jim Warman
Ford powers up for pickup bragging rights

OK ****nuts.. am I top posting now?:

I thought you were a weiner.. you have prooved it now.

So... tell me how long the GT production has lasted and what the current
price of a new showroom car...
Forum: Technology August 6th 10, 01:43 AM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Jim Warman
Ford powers up for pickup bragging rights

Welllll... they actually didn't. The 5.4 in the GT is an aluminum block
engine and, AFAIK, shares little more than bore and stroke with either the
5.4 2V or 5.4 3V (both of these being cast iron...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 1st 10, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim Warman
Both front power windows won't work

I've been a tech for more years than most of you guys have been "none
virgins". That diagnosis smells so ****ing bad....

Did you ask for your old parts back?

"staba" > wrote...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 1st 10, 10:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 34
Posted By Jim Warman
Changes I'd Make To The 2011 GT

If you want a Vette........

****... isn't that kind of obvious?

Fat people are fat..... what does that have to do with Mustangs?

I'm 6 foot.. my loving bride is 5 11 . Building a car smaller is...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 1st 10, 09:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"NoOp" > wrote in message
> I don't know about that. Enough people signed up to buy the...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 31st 10, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 9
Posted By Jim Warman
Don't expect the 2011 V6 to last very long

"Civilized" is a funny term coming from Rich...

"In addition "he" said the suspension was mushy".... Rich, I cooked some
ribs the other night... two batches, actually... The ones I liked burned my...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 25th 10, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim Warman
Both front power windows won't work

Me grouchy? You don't want to see me on a bad day 8^)

If you open the dictionary to "pussycat" there is a picture of....... well,
it could look like me...

Maybe

"sparky01"...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 25th 10, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 34
Posted By Jim Warman
Changes I'd Make To The 2011 GT

Wow.... deleting the wheels and tires would save an easy 200~300 pounds...
all of it unsprung weight, no less... That nasty assed gas tank... when it
is full, it must be a couple of hundred...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 24th 10, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim Warman
Both front power windows won't work

Broken wires in the bellows between the door and the A pillar.... but what
the **** do I know?

"staba" > wrote in message...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 22nd 10, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 9
Posted By Jim Warman
Don't expect the 2011 V6 to last very long

A funny thing happened on the way to the NG....I accidentally Googled "large
hadron collider".

Now, you might ask what this has to do with Fords in general or Mustangs in
particular (sorry about...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 21st 10, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 9
Posted By Jim Warman
Don't expect the 2011 V6 to last very long

Ed... you're talking to Rich.... the word "sane" doesn't compute...
Forum: Ford Explorer June 6th 10, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By Jim Warman
Pls help non-Ford person locate starter solenoid?

The starter solenoid is part of the starter.... The starter relay is in the
battery junction box (also called power distribution box) mounted under the
hood. If he goes to page 193 in his owner...
Forum: Technology May 30th 10, 06:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By Jim Warman
F150 Tire Pressure Sensor Fault

Yep.. that's what it's labelled... notice one button and two LEDs one for
"LO BATT" and one that indicates the button is pressed and the vehicles
response. Any diagnostic capability lies in whether...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500