Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JimR[_2_]
Forum: Saturn October 22nd 09, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By JimR[_2_]
Rotating tires?

My '97 SL2 owners' manual says to rotate the tires in the classic X
patters (LF to RR, etc.). However, I have heard for years that radial
tires should not be rotated to the opposite side of the...
Forum: Saturn August 12th 09, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 9
Posted By JimR[_2_]
Group gone?

Sheesh, my 97 SL2 has over 205,000 MILES on it. Still runs good, but
some stuff is starting to bug me. I may look at a new car around year-end.

JimR

Jon Jon wrote:
> I still read in here .. my...
Forum: Saturn August 1st 09, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 9
Posted By JimR[_2_]
Group gone?

Has this group gone deathly quiet? Has everybody lost interest in
Saturn? Or is everybody on vacation?

JimR
Forum: Saturn March 31st 09, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By JimR[_2_]
Saturn may continue post-GM

http://www.newstimes.com/ci_12030235

FTA, local dealer is part of working group trying to save Saturn, even
if GM spins it off.

JimR
Forum: Saturn November 28th 08, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 8
Posted By JimR[_2_]
1995 Saturn SL1 fail Emissions Test for high NOx

You've got to stop using Nitro while you are running it at the Funny Car
Circuit :-)

Sorry I can't offer any real help. I just went out to check the
emissions inspection reports on my 97 SL2, but...
Forum: Saturn September 16th 08, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 2
Posted By JimR[_2_]
Gurgling noise in 99 SL2

Doug Miller wrote:
> My 99 SL2 makes a gurgling or sloshing noise occasionally, usually under hard
> acceleration or when going uphill. The noise sounds like it's coming from
> under the dashboard....
Forum: Saturn July 1st 08, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 16
Posted By JimR[_2_]
1997 Saturn - 2 issues

WendyC88 wrote:
> Hi, my teenager is looking at buying a 1997 Saturn 2dr that appers to be a
> good deal if these issues can corrected inexpensively. It is a pivate
> seller and has been sitting 6...
Forum: Saturn January 11th 08, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 1
Posted By JimR[_2_]
Clutch?

My 97 SL2 was in for dealer service yesterday. They advised me that the
clutch is near going. Damn, and after only 191,000 miles! The symptom
that they referred was that at a standstill, it is...
Forum: Saturn October 25th 07, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By JimR[_2_]
'97 SL2 shakes on slowdown

wrote:

> On Oct 20, 6:40 pm, JimR > wrote:
>> JimR wrote:
>>
>>> 1997 SL2 1.9 L manual transmission, 186000 miles
>>> For the last several months, when I...
Forum: Saturn October 21st 07, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By JimR[_2_]
'97 SL2 shakes on slowdown

JimR wrote:

> 1997 SL2 1.9 L manual transmission, 186000 miles
>
> For the last several months, when I decelerate to a stop in normal
> traffic, frequently the engine shakes violently. This...
Forum: Saturn October 19th 07, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By JimR[_2_]
'97 SL2 shakes on slowdown

wrote:

> On Oct 17, 7:43 pm, JimR > wrote:
>> 1997 SL2 1.9 L manual transmission, 186000 miles
>>
>> For the last several months, when I decelerate to a...
Forum: Saturn October 18th 07, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 7
Posted By JimR[_2_]
'97 SL2 shakes on slowdown

1997 SL2 1.9 L manual transmission, 186000 miles

For the last several months, when I decelerate to a stop in normal
traffic, frequently the engine shakes violently. This happens as the
engine...
Forum: Saturn June 12th 07, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Replies: 6
Posted By JimR[_2_]
Avoid Running on Empty

New & Improved - N/F John wrote:
> I got a piece of mail from my Credit Union with some tips on saving fuel.
> One was to avoid running on empty. "When your car is on empty, you're
> actually using...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13