Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Vlad Ciubotariu
Forum: Honda May 14th 08, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By Vlad Ciubotariu
Vehicle Speed Sensor

On Tue, 13 May 2008 20:46:46 -0700, tofijoy wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I took my 1991 Honda Accord to the dealer recently becuase sometimes
> when I drive, the sport light starts flashing, the...
Forum: Honda May 7th 08, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By Vlad Ciubotariu
95 CIVIC 1.5 GRADUALLY LOSES COOLANT--

On Sun, 04 May 2008 06:44:24 -0700, wrote:

> The engine runs flawlessly and gets 45 MPG local driving and 54 MPG
> highway.
>
> Every 1,000 miles or so, I need to add about a...
Forum: Honda April 12th 08, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Posted By Vlad Ciubotariu
coolant leak 1990 accord

Nope, you could not see it from the top. On the day I went there was no
fluid under the car. They were able to see a few drops around the housing
hose after lifting it up and pressurizing the system...
Forum: Honda April 9th 08, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Posted By Vlad Ciubotariu
coolant leak 1990 accord

I had the problem diagnosed and solved. It was the thermostat housing,
deposits around there prevented it from sealing properly. Cost me 0.7
hours labour.

Thanks to all who replied!

vlad

On Mon,...
Forum: Honda April 7th 08, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Posted By Vlad Ciubotariu
coolant leak 1990 accord

Hi all,

My car leaks a little bit of coolant. It comes out somewhere under the
engine. The radiator is full. I had a timing belt/ water pump change last
year at the honda dealer.

If the radiator...
Forum: Honda March 23rd 07, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By Vlad Ciubotariu
'90 accord ecu codes 1 & 43 (fixed)

I'll make a post to original thread.

thanks

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 22:34:55 +0000, Tegger wrote:

> Vlad Ciubotariu > wrote in
> :...
Forum: Honda March 23rd 07, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 6
Posted By Vlad Ciubotariu
'90 accord ecu code 43

Hi All,

I was getting a 43 code (fuel system) followed by a 1 (oxygen sensor).
My symptoms were a few random losses of power at small speeds and high
gas consumption, partly also attributable to...
Forum: Honda March 23rd 07, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By Vlad Ciubotariu
'90 accord ecu codes 1 & 43 (fixed)

Hi All,

My mechanic checked the fuel pressure (code 43) and found nothing wrong.
So we went to replace the O2 sensor with OEM and check engine light is now
gone. The car also `seems' to me to have...
Forum: Honda March 11th 07, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 6
Posted By Vlad Ciubotariu
'90 accord ecu code 43

Thanks Jim,

I realize code 1 is the oxygen sensor and some rule of thumb says it
appears together with code 43.

Does anyone know the labour costs involved? Is it < 1 hour kind of job?

thanks...
Forum: Honda March 11th 07, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 6
Posted By Vlad Ciubotariu
'90 accord ecu code 43

Hi all,

My 90 accord has about 255,000km, it drives great and it's been
maintained well.

A few days ago, my engine light came on while driving < 60 on
a downward slope in town. Now the light comes...
Forum: Honda February 1st 07, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 15
Posted By Vlad Ciubotariu
1990 accord - winter gas mileage

Is it a better idea to idle the car for 5min before driving it?

-vlad

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:22:53 -0600, Gordon McGrew wrote:

> On 30 Jan 2007 08:08:17 -0800, wrote:
>
>>On Jan 30,...
Forum: Honda January 30th 07, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 15
Posted By Vlad Ciubotariu
1990 accord - winter gas mileage

Thank you all,

Yes, all my trips are 1-2 km to the grocery store and back at around -15C
in Canada. I never had these problems a few months ago when it was still
above 0.

Vlad

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007...
Forum: Honda January 29th 07, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 15
Posted By Vlad Ciubotariu
1990 accord - winter gas mileage

I do a lot of intown driving - many rides short distances. In the
summer fuel efficiency is about 11l/100km in town.

vlad

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:51:51 -0800, Dano58 wrote:

> You used 9 liters in...
Forum: Honda January 29th 07, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 15
Posted By Vlad Ciubotariu
1990 accord - winter gas mileage

Hi all,

My 1990 Accord eats up a lot of gas this winter. I've filled up 9 litres
or so for ~65km. It's been cold outside about -10 to -15. I'm not idling
the car, just driving in town.

What should...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14