Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 7.81 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill Putney
Forum: Chrysler April 25th 10, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 12
Posted By Bill Putney
No cars, not just Chrysler

sctvguy1 wrote:
> Pete E. Kruzer wrote:
>
>> On Apr 24, 6:39 pm, "DAS" > wrote:
>>> What do you consider as a newer foreign make?
>>>
>> Ones that haven't been sold in the states...
Forum: Chrysler April 17th 10, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill Putney
2004 CROSSFIRE

As a DIY'er, I don't look at the time estimates, and I get exact prices,
either aftermarket or discounted OEM are available on line, either ahead
of time or as I order them. But I could see where...
Forum: Chrysler April 17th 10, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill Putney
2004 CROSSFIRE

ram lover wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 17:21:23 -0400, Bill Putney >
> wrote:
>
>> William R. Walsh wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> My bet is that the Mitchell manual is the more correct of...
Forum: Chrysler April 16th 10, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 9
Posted By Bill Putney
2004 CROSSFIRE

William R. Walsh wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My bet is that the Mitchell manual is the more correct of the
> two...but if you really want to know how it's done, hit eBay or
> something and find the Chrysler...
Forum: Chrysler April 14th 10, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Putney
300M Check Engine Light

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

> The CEL came on again, and I had pulled the fuses a few days ago. The
> CEL was still off.
>
> Earlier this evening -- still daylight, so the lights were not on -- I...
Forum: Dodge April 12th 10, 10:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 28
Posted By Bill Putney
1993 Caravan OH console on a '92...?

Hachiroku ハチ*ク wrote:

> ...The only problem I have with Alldata is the way it is used. I brought a
> car to a place for a timing belt and a water pump. The belt drives the
> water pump, so...
Forum: Dodge April 10th 10, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Hachiroku ハチ*ク wrote:

> Thanks for the advice, guys but we're talking an 18 year old vehicle I
> paid $150 for on eBay with 240,000 miles. If it had only 125,000 like my
> last one I might...
Forum: Dodge April 10th 10, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Bill Putney > wrote:
>> Hachiroku ハチ*ク wrote:
>>> Other than that, will the $25 cover only ONE vehicle, or the 4 I have on
>>> the road currently?
Forum: Dodge April 10th 10, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Bill wrote:
>> I'm always looking for something for free. Isn't that what the Internet,
>> and especially the groups for? To pick brains?
>>
>> Other than that, will the $25 cover only ONE vehicle,...
Forum: Dodge April 10th 10, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Hachiroku ハチ*ク wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 22:21:59 -0400, Bill Putney wrote:
>
>> Hachiroku ハチ*ク wrote:
>>> I bought a '93 OH console with the digital display but the guy I...
Forum: Dodge April 10th 10, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Hachiroku ハチ*ク wrote:
> I bought a '93 OH console with the digital display but the guy I bought
> the van from cut the harness! I could go to a bone yard and try to find
> one; other than...
Forum: Technology April 7th 10, 11:27 AM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 269
Posted By Bill Putney
for the guys that are into recreational oil changing...

C. E. White wrote:
> "Bill Putney" > wrote in message
>> C. E. White wrote:

>> And don't use a K&N filter (and - no - I'm not a troll trying...
Forum: Technology April 6th 10, 10:57 AM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
> Tegger wrote:
>> Vic Smith > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> Seem old cars had 180 degree thermos...
Forum: Technology April 6th 10, 02:06 AM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech

C. E. White wrote:

> Dusty conditions - how many people actually operate their vehicles in
> dusty conditions more than very occasionally? The engines of modern cars
> are sealed much more...
Forum: Chrysler April 6th 10, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Putney
300M Check Engine Light

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

> New battery last November.
>
> And removing power by disconnecting the battery or pulling the fuses for
> just a few seconds doesn't usually reset the computer, does...
Forum: Technology April 5th 10, 10:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech

wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 22:30:49 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski" >
> wrote:
>
>> > wrote
>>> And they had a LOT of problem engines using the...
Forum: Chrysler April 5th 10, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill Putney
300M Check Engine Light

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
> Over the years the Check Engine Light on our '02 300M has activated, and
> the "key dance" has indicated that the fault code is P0440 or P0441.
> I've deactivated the...
Forum: Technology April 4th 10, 08:22 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech

Tony Harding wrote:
> On 04/04/10 12:01, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> > wrote:
>>>
>>> So you are trying to say that the problematic Toyotas would not have
>>> sludged if they had been...
Forum: Technology April 4th 10, 05:49 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech

wrote:

> Actually, even if blowby was at the root of the problem (which it
> wasn't on the Toyotas and 3.7 Mopars)...

I think you meant 2.7 Mopars there.

--
Bill Putney
(To...

Scott Dorsey wrote:

> Well, if the problem was caused by low flow and high temperatures causing
> oil breakdown, a synthetic oil with a higher breakdown temperature would
> seem to help.
>
> I had...
Forum: Technology April 4th 10, 05:37 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

> ..."You've probably noticed that opinion pollsters go out of their way to
> include as many morons as possible in surveys ... I think it's dangerous
> to inform morons...
Forum: Technology April 2nd 10, 07:45 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech

jim wrote:

> Bill Putney wrote:
>> SMS wrote:
>>
>>> Hmm, right now our vehicles are 14, 9, and 2 years old. All had oil
>>> changes that followed the manual. None ever had 3K changes of...
Forum: Technology April 2nd 10, 06:04 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech

wrote:

> The Mystique is 14 years old now,...

I used to have one of those. 14 years old, eh? Did you get one of the
ones in which the engine wiring harness supplier used wire...
Forum: Technology April 2nd 10, 05:57 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech

wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 09:18:04 -0400, Bill Putney >
> wrote:
>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I also see a lot of cars blowing blue smoke - ring or...
Forum: Technology April 2nd 10, 05:52 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech

ACAR wrote:

> Toyota's oil related sludge/gelling issues were pretty well
> publicized. However, I think it is true that not one problem was cited
> by anyone who changed their own oil.

Which may...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500