Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve Stone[_4_]
Forum: Chrysler June 27th 13, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 0
Posted By Steve Stone[_4_]
Mopar '13 Dart priced from $25,485*

Sorry, not impressed. Just a Fiat dressed up with Chrysler makeup.
Forum: Chrysler May 13th 13, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 1
Posted By Steve Stone[_4_]
Strange electrical problem with my '00 300M

Corroded battery connections? Bad ground ?

> Any ideas???

Forum: Chrysler April 27th 13, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve Stone[_4_]
2010 PT Cruiser - follow up

2010 PT Cruiser, 25000 miles

The oil leak was a bad head gasket, repair under 5 year power train
warranty at no cost to me.
Wonder how long this repair will last?
I thought is was kind of unusual...
Forum: Chrysler April 14th 13, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 0
Posted By Steve Stone[_4_]
late model Chrysler cars and road salt.

2010 PT Cruiser with 26,000 miles.

Was under the car today doing routine maintenance.
I noticed the effects of road salt use in my area on under body sheet metal
(rust on leading edges of panels,...
Forum: Chrysler January 26th 13, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve Stone[_4_]
2010 PT Cruiser - 3 year review.

On 1/24/2013 8:41 PM, Rob wrote:
> some of your issues sound weather related but if you didn't have these
> issues with your older cars, then the weather cant explain it all.

Road salt use in my...
Forum: Chrysler January 23rd 13, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve Stone[_4_]
2010 PT Cruiser - 3 year review.

>>what part of the country do you live in?

Hudson River Valley, NY
Forum: Chrysler January 21st 13, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve Stone[_4_]
2010 PT Cruiser - 3 year review.

I've owned my purchased new 2010 PT Cruiser for a little over 3 years
and 25,000 miles.

Over this time frame I've had:

both front wheel bearings replaced under warranty at 20,000 miles,
it burns...
Forum: Chrysler September 22nd 12, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve Stone[_4_]
2010 PT Cruiser front wheel bearings failed at 22,000 miles

On 9/21/2012 6:15 PM, greybuck wrote:>
> You are correct. They should not have failed after only 22,000 miles.
Did they start making noise, or how did you know they had failed.

> KM

Over a...
Forum: Chrysler September 15th 12, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve Stone[_4_]
2010 PT Cruiser front wheel bearings failed at 22,000 miles

Just an FYI, Our lightly used 2010 PT Cruiser with 22,000 miles spent
the past few days at the dealers repair shop having the failed front
wheel bearings replaced under warranty. I was kind of...
Forum: Chrysler July 5th 12, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 11
Posted By Steve Stone[_4_]
'02 300M A/C overhaul

> Are you the one with the 300m that has really low milage - or am I
> thinking of someone else here?

Perhaps me?
Original owner of a 2000 3ooM with 35,000 miles on the odometer.
Only problem...
Forum: Chrysler June 29th 12, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 8
Posted By Steve Stone[_4_]
Slant-6 and unleaded fuel

> Since the combine (and engine) in question is Canadian, it's quite
> possible that cat-convertors weren't required in Canada until years
> later than in the USA.
>
> And given that this is a piece...
Forum: Chrysler June 29th 12, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 8
Posted By Steve Stone[_4_]
Slant-6 and unleaded fuel

Yes, the 1974 Dart had a catalytic convertor and took unleaded, and was
a slug compared to our 1970 225 slant 6 Dart, which had only a PCV
valve. It seemed to take them a few years to improve smog...
Forum: Chrysler June 25th 12, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 8
Posted By Steve Stone[_4_]
Slant-6 and unleaded fuel

My family had a couple of Dodge Darts with slant 6's from 1964 (190 CI
with pushbutton automatic) thru 1974 225 CI that could not get out of
its own way because of all the smog bolt ons. You should...
Forum: Chrysler May 12th 12, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 10
Posted By Steve Stone[_4_]
Infinity speakers foam surrounds failing at record rates...

> I think that it's no big deal to use 4-ohm speakers. Impedance is
> usually a function of frequency - so you're not going to find any
> speakers that have a flat impedance profile anyways.

Thanks...
Forum: Chrysler May 12th 12, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 10
Posted By Steve Stone[_4_]
Infinity speakers foam surrounds failing at record rates...

> Are you saying that these front speakers are (a) non-standard size, or
> (b) non-standard impedance, or both?

My 3ooM has the base, 250 watt Infinity system. (I think it was 250 watts)
There...
Forum: Chrysler May 12th 12, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 10
Posted By Steve Stone[_4_]
Infinity speakers foam surrounds failing at record rates...

sorry, that should say 6 1/2 inch round speakers.
Forum: Chrysler May 12th 12, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 10
Posted By Steve Stone[_4_]
Infinity speakers foam surrounds failing at record rates...

Foam speaker surrounds do not last forever, especially for my 2000 3ooM
with 35,000 miles.

In the past month the foam surrounds tore away from the speaker baskets
on both 5 1/2 inch front door...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17