Showing results 1 to 25 of 53
Search took 0.47 seconds.
Forum: VW air cooled December 18th 08, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
1961 Volkswagen Beetle/Type 1

Was this a good year for the Beetle? What should people watch out
for? How did Volkswagen squeeze out 4 more horse power out of the
1200cc from 1960 to 1961? What are the good points to this year...
Forum: VW air cooled December 16th 08, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
1600cc Fuel Injected Turn Key engine south of the border

Eventually my 1977 beetle is going to need a new engine and I am now
starting to have some running problems. About the Beetles made in
Mexico during the late 1990's, do those engines fit on this...
Forum: VW air cooled December 10th 08, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Could someone share their experiences with a Type 3 Fastback

I am interested in getting one. What was the last year for
carburetor? What was the last year for the fancy override bumpers?
Is the car easier to get into the drivers seat than the Beetle.
Because...
Forum: VW air cooled December 10th 08, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
It drives

On Dec 5, 7:52*pm, " > wrote:
> Granted, it sounded like 8 angry woodpeckers were taking up residence
> in the engine bay, but it started, the two warning lights...
Forum: VW air cooled December 3rd 08, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Oil change with torque wrench

On these air cooled VeeDubs, what is the recommended torque wrench
value for the little studs on the sump plate? What about for the oil
drain plug? I tried searching this newsgroup but could not...
Forum: VW air cooled November 27th 08, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
It is time for new rims, any suggestions?

I need new rims for my '77 Beetle. I'm looking for a place that sells
them preferable with new tires already mounted on them. I need them
to be of high quality so they are balanced and true. But I...
Forum: VW air cooled November 20th 08, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Installing a 60,000 Volt Ignition Coil

On Nov 17, 2:04*pm, "
> wrote:
> I'm getting a new coil installed. *Do I need to re-adjust the dwell/
> points? *And most importantly can I use...
Forum: VW air cooled November 20th 08, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
AFC fuel injection 1977 Beetle

On Nov 19, 4:46*am, "dave AKA vwdoc1" >
wrote:
> These almost sound like your situation and Speedy's responses!...
Forum: VW air cooled November 20th 08, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Nov 19, 3:45*pm, Speedy Jim > wrote:
> wrote:
> > On Nov 19, 4:46 am, "dave AKA vwdoc1" >

Forum: VW air cooled November 19th 08, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

wrote:
> These almost sound like your situation and Speedy's responses!...
Forum: VW air cooled November 19th 08, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
AFC fuel injection 1977 Beetle

On Nov 15, 11:45*am, "
> wrote:
> I checked the OHMS of the number 2 temp sensor as specified by the
> maintenance manual. *Bentley Manual. *It...
Forum: VW air cooled November 18th 08, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Nov 17, 3:26*pm, "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > I'm...
Forum: VW air cooled November 18th 08, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
I'm gonna need some more advice on the Vee Dub

Today I changed the fuel filter on this fuel injected Bug. I still
hear noise coming from the gas tank when the fuel pump is running. Is
there an extra screen inside the tank that might be clogged?...
Forum: VW air cooled November 17th 08, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Installing a 60,000 Volt Ignition Coil

I'm getting a new coil installed. Do I need to re-adjust the dwell/
points? And most importantly can I use the same wires and spark plugs
and what would I re-gap the spark plugs to? These are the...
Forum: VW air cooled November 15th 08, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
AFC fuel injection 1977 Beetle

I checked the OHMS of the number 2 temp sensor as specified by the
maintenance manual. Bentley Manual. It was reading around 7,000 OHMS
when it should of been around 2,500 OHMS. So I ordered a new...
Forum: VW air cooled October 3rd 08, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
How hard is it to replace all the rubber bushings on a 1977 VW BeetleStandard?

I am replacing them all with the red urethane bushings. It's supposed
to make the car handle a lot better right?

How hard is this to do? How long does it take? What special tools do I
need?
Forum: VW air cooled September 24th 08, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
oil seal 1600cc

On Sep 23, 8:06*pm, "dave AKA vwdoc1" >
wrote:
> no rear seal on a "stock" 1600 for the Beetles for the crank pulley
> only a couple of front seals for the flywheel

Forum: VW air cooled September 24th 08, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
oil seal 1600cc

How do you change this Oil seal on the harmonic balancer of a 1600cc
engine? What is involved and what tools are needed?
Forum: VW air cooled September 23rd 08, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
How much is this car worth? How much would a buyer pay on average

In a nutshell. As much as you can get someone to pay for it. BUT.
How much is a 1967 Beetle worth. Most of everything is original. But
the bumpers have been replaced. Light surface rust. No...
Forum: VW air cooled September 23rd 08, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
What happened to the Beetle's heater

On a late model Beetle last night I was driving down the freeway and
it was cold outside. For a good half hour the heater stopped
working. No air would pass through the vents at all no mater how...
Forum: VW air cooled September 18th 08, 08:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
73 vw brakes vs newer

On Sep 7, 6:18*pm, "LLBrown" > wrote:
> I just got my Thing running after MANY years in the garage. *The brakes feel
> really bad, I have to really push to get a result and the...
Forum: VW air cooled September 18th 08, 08:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Rear tail light swap on late model Beetle

I have a late model VW Beetle with the elephant style tail lamps. Is
it possible to swap these lamps for the 1971 style lamps? Do I have
to change the rear wheel wells which I don't mind doing? ...
Forum: Driving August 13th 08, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Let me tell you a story about a sports car that was invisible to itsowner

Let me tell you a story about a car. It wasn't just any kid of car. It
was a German Sports car. It was fast. It was fuel efficient. It was
creative. It was ingenious. It has all the right lines on...
Forum: Driving July 14th 07, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
How to pass a law making directional spike barriers illegal

These directional tire spikes that permanently damage people car tires
if they drive accross them in the wrong direction need to be made
illegal because they are a HUGE waste on our natural...
Forum: VW air cooled May 10th 07, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Should air cooled VWs be banned from the Freeways?

I believe Air-Cooled VeeDubs need to be banned from freeways or any
place where the speed limit is 65 mph and above for that matter.
These cars don't belong on limited access highways. As logic...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 53