Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.69 seconds.
Forum: Ford Explorer December 26th 07, 06:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
SOHC V6 vs V8 Reliability

Similar experience here, my family has owned a '98 XLT with the 4.0
SOHC, and this engine seems indestructible. it has 250,000+ miles on
it and still runs strong. I also personally own a '00 Sport...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 20th 07, 07:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Replacement "99 Explorer IAC...longish

Glad you got your Explorer up and running good. i had a little bit of
a problem with my IAC not too long ago. funny how such a small part
can cause so much trouble huh. also, for future...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 19th 07, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
91' explorer wont start fuel pump?

i think there might be a fuse in the dash that activates the fuel pump
relay when you turn on the ignition, check that, other than that, i
have no idea. i dont know why it would just stop after you...
Forum: Ford Explorer December 18th 07, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
V6 Magnaflow vs Flowmaster

***make that flowmaster a 40 series, that's the one i'm looking at
Forum: Ford Explorer December 18th 07, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
V6 Magnaflow vs Flowmaster

i'm considering a dual/dual muffler for my 2000 explorer sport with
4.0 SOHC V6. i've heard arguments on both sides with no definite
numbers to back up either. I can't find any good numbers...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 3rd 07, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Load Leveling

air shocks can be used with an explorer as far as i know. as far as
my trailer though. i was hauling about a ton that day... assuming
that each hay bale was 40lb (we had 50 of them). so if you...
Forum: Ford Explorer August 3rd 07, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
MSD Ignition for my Explorer?

I am currently considering an MSD ignition system for my 2000 ford
explorer. does anyone have any experience with these systems? and can
you tell me specifically how to install it on an explorer. ...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 30th 07, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
98 high idle

only problem i've ever had with this was when a chunk of my rubber
intake tube came off and lodged itself in the throttle body! for a
few days it felt like the explorer was just idling high, but...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 30th 07, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Load Leveling

1-1/2 inches is nothing to worry about, i've lowered my 2000 explorer
sport about 1-1/2 inches with stock suspension and <i>still</i> towed
2000lb of square hay bales behind it on a single axle...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 16th 07, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Ford Explorer Immobaliser

On Jul 16, 8:06 am, "gus01" > wrote:
> this is an R reg 1998 Ford the immobaliser has kiked in and i need ti
> dissable it.
> Thanks

I think you're talking about the...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 14th 07, 08:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
1999 Ford EXP A/A Problems

sounds like the AC clutch isnt disengaging when the engine is off. not
sure what would cause this problem though....the AC compressor does
pull on the engine while it is running, so naturally if it...
Forum: Ford Explorer July 14th 07, 07:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
2001 Sport Trac Spark Plugs

On Jul 13, 11:27 am, "C. E. White" > wrote:
> A freind want to change the plugs in her 2001 Sport Trac with around 100,000
> miles. How difficult will this be? Any suggestions,...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 18th 07, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Cheap Horsepower?

does anyone have a list of inexpensive things you can do to a fuel
injected engine to get small improvements in efficiency and power?
(Example: K&N filter etc...)
or any home 'remedies' to increase...
Forum: Ford Explorer January 28th 07, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Interchangeable Bumper Cover?

Hey my the bumper cover for my '00 Sport is bashed in on one corner.
I thought about replacing it with the same part, but then decided i
liked the look of the '00 mountaineer bumper covers. Is it...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 6th 06, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
'00 SOHC torque < '98 SOHC torque?

Thanks guys for the help, i'll be sure to check the axle ratio on the
'98 and see if it has any different gearing. As far as the weight, i
dont think the 2 door explorer sport would weigh more than...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 6th 06, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
'00 SOHC torque < '98 SOHC torque?

Thanks guys for the help, i'll be sure to check the axle ratio on the
'98 and see if it has any different gearing. As far as the weight, i
dont think the 2 door explorer sport would weigh more than...
Forum: Ford Explorer November 6th 06, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
'00 SOHC torque < '98 SOHC torque?

i have a 2000 ford explorer sport with the Standard OverHead Cam
enginel. it runs great (other than the fact that it whistles a little
bit at around 3000 RPM at about 50% throttle) and has not...
Forum: Ford Explorer October 16th 06, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Rolled my '94 XLT today...

ouch man,
glad to hear everyone's ok though. good luck on finding a replacement
vehicle. speaking of wrecked explorers... i totalled a '00 explorer
sport about 6 months ago...
surprisingly i was...
Forum: Ford Explorer October 16th 06, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Will an '02 explorer bumper cover fit a '00 explorer sport?

I bought a used 2000 ford explorer sport about 5 months ago. This
explorer sport is great. the 4.0L SOHC engine makes it VERY agile
[considering the V6 SOHC model has the fastest 0-60 time out of...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19