Showing results 1 to 25 of 168
Search took 0.89 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jan Andersson
Forum: VW air cooled May 1st 08, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Jan Andersson
1970 parts Ghia in Philadelphia PA

johnpaul215 wrote:
> I bought it a while ago (on ebay) and did not realize the amount of
> rust.... and it's just not going to make it. It sucks, but i have to
> face the fact that it's just rotting...
Forum: VW air cooled May 1st 08, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Jan Andersson
Type IV Exhaust

Jan Andersson wrote:
> Jim Pineau wrote:
>> I have a '78 westy that needs a new exhaust. I do not use the bus in
>> cold weather so I have no use for the "heating" system. Does anyone
>> out there...
Forum: VW air cooled May 1st 08, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Jan Andersson
Type IV Exhaust

Jim Pineau wrote:
> I have a '78 westy that needs a new exhaust. I do not use the bus in cold
> weather so I have no use for the "heating" system. Does anyone out there
> know of any alternatives...
Forum: VW air cooled April 30th 08, 11:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Jan Andersson
6V distributor

bug '59 wrote:
> "bug '59" > schreef in bericht
>> "Jan Andersson" > schreef in...
Forum: VW air cooled April 29th 08, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Jan Andersson
6V distributor

bug '59 wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Last sunday i had the idea to take the '59 for a trip.
> I't started very hard and even had to push start it...
> Anyway, finally it started, did drive for about 30...
Forum: VW air cooled April 26th 08, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By Jan Andersson
Advice sought- 34PICT-3 replacement

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 11:27:46 -0700 (PDT), Cletus >
> wrote:
>
>> helped me, and always needs helpful posers, excuse me, Jan, but you'd
>
> LOL! ...
Forum: VW air cooled April 25th 08, 11:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Jan Andersson
Starter Woes-again

troll wrote:
> In article >,
> Jan Andersson > wrote:
>
>> Mel P. wrote:
>>> I replaced my starter (in my 77 Bug) with a rebuilt one....
Forum: VW air cooled April 25th 08, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Jan Andersson
Starter Woes-again

Mel P. wrote:
> I replaced my starter (in my 77 Bug) with a rebuilt one. I bench tested it
> and it works. I connected all the wires (plus a ground) under the car and
> it works.
>
> I installed...
Forum: VW air cooled April 24th 08, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Jan Andersson
Alloy Wheel Sizes and lowering the back end

wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if someone could help me with wheel/tyre sizes. I am looking
> for a set of Porsche Fuch alloys for a '69 beetle and have been
> offered a set...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 24th 08, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By Jan Andersson
Compare global gasoline prices

columbotrek wrote:
> Jan Andersson wrote:
>> And quit whining! LOL
>> :D
>>
>> http://bp2.blogger.com/_FoXyvaPSnVk/SA56EjeEGVI/AAAAAAAAqAg/jrXRd2-RGII/s1600-h/GASOLINECARSCOOp2.jpg
>>
> Whats...
Forum: VW air cooled April 24th 08, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Jan Andersson
Exhaust /muffler bolts - what should I use so I can get themoff next time?

wrote:
>> Chris,
>>
>> Is Anti-seize compound the same as copper grease or is there something
>> that is better at coping with higher temperatures?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Will

Forum: Ford Mustang April 23rd 08, 01:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By Jan Andersson
Compare global gasoline prices

And quit whining! LOL
:D

http://bp2.blogger.com/_FoXyvaPSnVk/SA56EjeEGVI/AAAAAAAAqAg/jrXRd2-RGII/s1600-h/GASOLINECARSCOOp2.jpg
Forum: VW air cooled April 23rd 08, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Jan Andersson
Compare global gasoline prices

And quit whining!

http://bp2.blogger.com/_FoXyvaPSnVk/SA56EjeEGVI/AAAAAAAAqAg/jrXRd2-RGII/s1600-h/GASOLINECARSCOOp2.jpg
Forum: VW air cooled April 23rd 08, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Jan Andersson
Alternator top pulley

KWW wrote:
> Alternator and Generator pullies are different? For Bosch alternators
> the location and spacing looks identical. I have had the same problems
> with mine with both alternators and...
Forum: VW air cooled April 23rd 08, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 27
Posted By Jan Andersson
Testing the waters with my 1967 Bus

A more elegant way to cover the pop-top hole on the roof:

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/slidragvolwa.html

Jan
Forum: VW air cooled April 22nd 08, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

dull knife wrote:
> In article >, Jan Andersson
> > wrote:
>
>> Go here to see if there are any other VW heads near you.

Forum: VW air cooled April 22nd 08, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

dull knife wrote:
> In article >, Jan Andersson
> > wrote:
>
>> Go here to see if there are any other VW heads near you.

Forum: VW air cooled April 21st 08, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

dull knife wrote:
> In article >, P.J.Berg
> > wrote:
>
>> You could ofcause buy a couple of manuals and learn the needed...
Forum: VW air cooled April 20th 08, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 6
Posted By Jan Andersson
How to replace instrument lamps?

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> [...]
Forum: VW air cooled April 20th 08, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Cletus" > wrote in message
>> thanks for your informative contribution ryan,...
Forum: VW air cooled April 20th 08, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

dull knife wrote:
> In article >, Rev Turd
> Fredericks > wrote:
>
>> I'm no expert but it looks like a worthy restoration...
Forum: VW air cooled April 20th 08, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

dull knife wrote:
> In article >, Jan Andersson
> > wrote:
>
>> dull knife wrote:
>>
>>> I wish mine had disk brakes.
>> You can take...
Forum: VW air cooled April 19th 08, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

dull knife wrote:

> I wish mine had disk brakes. I could probably find someone to put 'em
> on, don't you think? And a dual master cylinder? But the van needs a
> lot of other stuff first. I'm...
Forum: VW air cooled April 18th 08, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Speedy Jim wrote:
> 2ndKnight wrote:
>> I am reposting this question as I was unable to apply the suggestions
>> sent in response to the last post.
>>
>> What is the proper way to get at the...
Forum: VW air cooled April 16th 08, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Jan Andersson
Swedish guys pull a 46 bug out of the woods. Well most of it.Well some of it.