Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 4.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Veeduber
Forum: VW air cooled June 6th 08, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Veeduber
trans. fill plug to tight?

On Jun 5, 9:52 am, troll > wrote:
> who screws these plugs in so tight?
Forum: VW air cooled May 22nd 08, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Veeduber
flaps, stuff

Rebuildable fuel pumps, their push-rods & Micarta insulators.

All ...ALL.. hardware, especially internal. Bearing dowel pins,
Woodruff keys, cam gear, distributor gear, rocker arms, rockers,...
Forum: VW air cooled April 19th 08, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 27
Posted By Veeduber
Testing the waters with my 1967 Bus

On Apr 18, 5:15 pm, dull knife >
wrote:
> The '67 is sorta rare, being the first year of
> 12 volts and the last year of that body...
Forum: VW air cooled April 5th 08, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Veeduber
what does that part do?

On Apr 4, 1:15 pm, g kay > wrote:
> under the cap of a 009 distributor I see a black plastic cover.
> what does it do and why do newer ones not feature this...
Forum: VW air cooled March 20th 08, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Veeduber
Measuring Piston & Cylinders

Dear Mel,

Thermal expansion is based on the 'growth' of a rod of given length at
a given temperature. Think about that for a minute and you'll see
that the ABSOLUTE 'growth' for a given temperature...
Forum: VW air cooled March 15th 08, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Veeduber
Is it true...

A couple of you have asked if it was true that I refused to work on
this bus because I didn't like their music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06SqLdcMoGE

I don't know. I get a lot of calls...
Forum: VW air cooled March 14th 08, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 16
Posted By Veeduber
Starting - this has gotta be just so wrong

I take it you've never seen Woody Allen's 'Sleeper' :-)

-Bob Hoover
Forum: VW air cooled March 10th 08, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Veeduber
Mondays are fun

It started about a dozen years ago when I turned on the computer and
found: 'When I shut off the engine there was white smoke coming from
those slots on the side of my bus. Should I call the fire...
Forum: VW air cooled March 8th 08, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Veeduber
Oil bath cleaners on kadrons

On Mar 7, 7:47 pm, anton > wrote:
> Bob,

> About the mounting part. At first a tubular sort of adapter is
> exactly what i was thinking of. Later after trying to source some
Forum: VW air cooled March 7th 08, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Mar 7, 10:19 am, anton > wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am working on getting early bug aircleaners adapted to dual
> kadrons. There is somewhat big mismatch of the ID on filter...
Forum: VW air cooled February 29th 08, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Veeduber
Something that doesn't work

The approved 'Field Repair' procedure is to use a pair of "..thin-
bladed.." screwdrivers at least 20cm in length. The screwdrivers are
inserted behind the pulley so that one rests on the crankcase...
Forum: VW air cooled February 24th 08, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Veeduber
Sermons II

On Feb 24, 9:21 am, "Karl" > wrote:

> Steven King offered a new book on-line. It was thru Simon & Schuster Online:http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?tab=1&pid=625028
Forum: VW air cooled February 23rd 08, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Veeduber
Sermons II

On Feb 23, 12:02 pm, rvirgin22 > wrote:
> For those of us who were lucky enough to get our
> "Sermons" before the deal closed, how can we get our
> money to you and to Ken...
Forum: VW air cooled February 23rd 08, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Veeduber
Sermons II

To All:

The deal with BookLocker didn't work out. I'll see if I can find
another outlet but don't hold your breath.

-Bob
Forum: VW air cooled February 21st 08, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 22
Posted By Veeduber
The Sermons of Bob Hoover

On Feb 21, 7:22 am, rvirgin22 > wrote:

> 9) Would love to get your thoughts, not that I disagree with
> the philosophy of "full-flow" filters, just that I attack the
Forum: VW air cooled February 20th 08, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 22
Posted By Veeduber
The Sermons of Bob Hoover

On Feb 20, 9:40 am, Robert > wrote:

> I downloaded it last night. It took 15 minutes at 19.2 Kbps.
> Someday, I'm going to get faster internet. I really liked how easy it
> was...
Forum: VW air cooled February 19th 08, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 22
Posted By Veeduber
The Sermons of Bob Hoover

On Feb 19, 12:37 am, Tricky > wrote:

> Thanks Bob - just bought myself a copy :)

Thank you. I hope...
Forum: VW air cooled February 19th 08, 08:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 22
Posted By Veeduber
The Sermons of Bob Hoover

On Feb 18, 10:28 pm, Robert > wrote:

> Can you tell me how big the file is. I have a very slow dial up
> service. Can we buy a CD and pay...
Forum: VW air cooled February 19th 08, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 22
Posted By Veeduber
The Sermons of Bob Hoover

To All:

You may now buy a copy of the so-called sermon files for $9.95 at...

http://www.booklocker.com/books/3340.html

This is an image of the CD created by Ken Hooper, who gets a piece of
the pie...
Forum: VW air cooled February 16th 08, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Veeduber
Bob, a question on the HVX mods

On Feb 15, 6:18 pm, "P.J.Berg" > wrote:

> Any chance of buying a set directly from you,

No. ...
Forum: VW air cooled February 16th 08, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Veeduber
Bob, a question on the HVX mods

On Feb 15, 6:36 pm, Jan Andersson >
wrote:

> Someone will still want 1.4:1 rocker ratio, stronger shafts & rockers
> and peace of mind from the bolt-type shafts.

Forum: VW air cooled February 16th 08, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Veeduber
Bob, a question on the HVX mods

On Feb 15, 8:43 am, Jan Andersson >
wrote:

> Q1: you groove only the shaft, not the inside bore of the rockers
Forum: VW air cooled January 26th 08, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Veeduber
VW interior light mystery!

Dear Angus,

No mystery. The interior light on the sedan should have TWO wires
connected. One is hot, the other's not.

Both run over the top of the front door THEN down the A-pillar. The
hot wire...
Forum: VW air cooled January 25th 08, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 1
Posted By Veeduber
Valve Stem Seals

Since last Saturday (19 Jan 2008) I've received three virtually
identical questions about stem seals. I assume this reflects an
article in some magazine or a topic on some...
Forum: VW air cooled January 22nd 08, 11:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Veeduber
Dialing in Your Cam

Dear Scott,

Thank you for the offer but I use DeltaCAD. To get it to speak to
TurboCAD I have to output the native .dc files in .dxf format.
Unfortunately when DeltaCAD's .dxf is input to other...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 54