Showing results 1 to 25 of 101
Search took 3.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tricky
Forum: VW air cooled December 31st 08, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 13
Posted By Tricky
New Year's Chat 2009

tricky wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 20:44:13 -0500, Jan Andersson wrote:
>
>> Bill Berckman wrote:
>>> I will stop by and hang out for a while. Jan are you going to do the
>>> 24 hour marathon chat...
Forum: VW air cooled February 21st 08, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 22
Posted By Tricky
The Sermons of Bob Hoover

rvirgin22 wrote:
> On Feb 18, 7:13 pm, Veeduber > wrote:
>> To All:
>>
>> You may now buy a copy of the so-called sermon files for $9.95 at...

Forum: VW air cooled February 19th 08, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 22
Posted By Tricky
The Sermons of Bob Hoover

Veeduber wrote:
> On Feb 19, 12:37 am, Tricky > wrote:
>
>> Thanks Bob - just bought myself a copy :)
Forum: VW air cooled February 19th 08, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 22
Posted By Tricky
The Sermons of Bob Hoover

Tricky wrote:
> Veeduber wrote:
>> To All:
>>
>> You may now buy a copy of the so-called sermon files for $9.95 at...
>>
>> http://www.booklocker.com/books/3340.html
>>
>> This is an image of the CD...
Forum: VW air cooled February 19th 08, 08:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 22
Posted By Tricky
The Sermons of Bob Hoover

Veeduber wrote:
> To All:
>
> You may now buy a copy of the so-called sermon files for $9.95 at...
>
> http://www.booklocker.com/books/3340.html
>
> This is an image of the CD created by Ken...
Forum: VW air cooled February 17th 08, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Tricky
red line

just a quickie ...

someone has asked me what the redline is on a stock 1600.

As I have never had a rev counter I dont know !

Can anyone help.

completely stock - rebuilt, but no fancey balancing...
Forum: VW air cooled February 15th 08, 10:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Tricky
Breaking in of Jawa 250cc Rebuilt Engine

wrote:
> Hii, I have a Jawa 250cc In India,
> I recently replaced the Engine with a new Cylinder kit & New Standard
> piston set
> I have Run the Bike for 2500 Kms, but still the...
Forum: VW air cooled February 15th 08, 10:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 2
Posted By Tricky
Video: The Exeter Trial in England (In a VW Beetle) part two

Scott H wrote:
> "Jan Andersson" > wrote in message
>> Jan Andersson wrote:
Forum: VW air cooled February 12th 08, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Tricky
Puma on classic car garage site

Dennis wrote:
> I got my puma on Dennis Gage's site as featured car for this week.
> Check it out at his dream car site. http://www.myclassiccar.com/index.html
> I feel excited. Dennis
Well done...
Forum: VW air cooled February 11th 08, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Tricky
OT New updated pics of my shop

Shag wrote:
> We had some really nice weather this weekend so I pulled the tarps off
> of the shop and got back to work. Got all of the fascia boards up,
> got the drip edge up all the way around...
Forum: VW air cooled January 31st 08, 11:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Tricky
77 FI Bug Emissions

Speedy Jim wrote:
> Mel P. wrote:
>> I failed for hydrocarbons. So I turned the adjustment screw on the
>> flowmeter one way and it went high. So I tried turning the other way
>> and the reading...
Forum: VW air cooled January 20th 08, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Tricky
see - on a modern forum...

you could just ban a user by ip address !!!!

:)
Forum: VW air cooled January 20th 08, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Tricky
see - on a modernd forum...

you could just ban a user by ip address !!!!

:)
Forum: VW air cooled January 13th 08, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Tricky
WTB 36HP Okrasa heads and oil sump

Jan Andersson wrote:
> I thought I'd ask here too because these are not off-the-shelf parts you
> can just order anywhere...
>

> I am looking for a pair of decent Okrasa heads for a 36hp (euro...
Forum: VW air cooled January 6th 08, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Tricky
carb icing

Shag wrote:
> On Jan 6, 9:29 am, Tricky > wrote:
>> Shag wrote:
Forum: VW air cooled January 6th 08, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Tricky
carb icing

Shag wrote:
> On Jan 3, 7:54 pm, <pico> wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>>> If you don't have the...
Forum: VW air cooled January 1st 08, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Tricky
New Year's Chat

Olli Lammi wrote:
> Olli Lammi wrote:
>
>> The New Year is coming. There has been a r.a.m.v.a New Year's Chat on
>> Undernet.org IRC channel #ramva for the past years. I have logged the
>> previous...
Forum: VW air cooled December 31st 07, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Tricky
New Year's Chat

Karls wrote:
> I'll be there!
>
> Karls
>
> On Dec 28, 9:41 am, Olli Lammi
> > wrote:
>> Hello all!
>> ----------

Forum: VW air cooled December 28th 07, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Tricky
vw engine air compressor

I had a link for this years ago, but cant find it. Anyone got it handy ?

it was a bug engine that ran on 2 barrels one side, and the other side
was used as a high output air compressor.

TIA

Rich
Forum: VW air cooled December 28th 07, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Tricky
New Year's Chat

Olli Lammi wrote:
> Hello all!
> ----------
>
> The New Year is coming. There has been a r.a.m.v.a New Year's Chat on
> Undernet.org IRC channel #ramva for the past years. I have logged the
Forum: VW air cooled December 24th 07, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Posted By Tricky
Midnight Repairs

Veeduber wrote:

> He came down the back drive just before midnight on Christmas Eve. I
> was out in the shop, about to call it a night when I heard the
> unmistakable sound of a Volkswagen...
Forum: VW air cooled December 18th 07, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 27
Posted By Tricky
driving a bug

Jan wrote:
> Chris Miller kirjoitti:
>> i've got a fairly stock 67 (i believe it's got a 1600cc engine though)
>> and i'm wondering how fast i should drive it on the freeway. i want to
>> be able...
Forum: VW air cooled December 14th 07, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 32
Posted By Tricky
OT - father/son project building a shop

Shag wrote:
> On Dec 12, 8:52 am, "Kirk" <kwalker et ac doht neyt> wrote:
>> I WISH we had your climate! If my company had a site in Canada I would try
>> to transfer, that is for sure!
>>
>> But in...
Forum: VW air cooled December 12th 07, 09:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 41
Posted By Tricky
East coast restorations

Scott H wrote:
> > wrote ...
>> Drivel.
>

> Made ya look.

LOL !
Forum: VW air cooled December 12th 07, 09:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Berg wrote:
> Tricky wrote:
>> Shag wrote:
>>> My dad came by yesterday and helped me get started on framing up a
>>> 24X30 shop I'm building in the back yard. Man, he's a hard worker! I
Showing results 1 to 25 of 101