Showing results 1 to 25 of 394
Search took 1.28 seconds.
Forum: VW water cooled December 19th 14, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
89 cabriolet stripped engine block threads for oil pressure sensor

On Monday, December 15, 2014 2:18:01 PM UTC-5, 89Guinea wrote:
> The head on my 1989 cabriolet was replaced approx. one year ago. Recent
> increase in oil leaking around sensor threads on rear of...
Forum: VW water cooled November 17th 14, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
CEL on Particle Filter

On Monday, November 17, 2014 5:04:33 PM UTC-5, LG wrote:
> $5k is too high. The parts should be less than $1200 for genuine parts. I
> don't see $3800 in labor. Did they give you a breakdown?
Forum: VW water cooled November 14th 14, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
CEL on Particle Filter

On Thursday, November 13, 2014 6:35:22 PM UTC-5, LG wrote:
> It is not advertised much, but the particulate filter is a wear item,
> expected to need replacement at around 100k.

OK - but for...
Forum: VW water cooled November 11th 14, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
CEL on Particle Filter

Here is the issue:

I have a mostly continuous CEL that VW diagnoses as an "internal crack on the particle filter". The flow is not blocked, there is no increased pollution (per VW anyway) and the...
Forum: VW water cooled September 19th 11, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
2000 Passat - loud creaking noise

On Sep 16, 10:49*pm, Bob > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My V6 Passat recently started making a loud creaking/squeaking noise.
> It's coming from the front, behind the engine somewhere. *It...
Forum: VW water cooled May 5th 11, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
1999 Eurovan Camper - Severe Hesitation

On May 1, 10:40*am, " > wrote:
> On Apr 30, 3:11*pm, " > wrote:
>
> > On Apr 30, 2:57*pm, "SFC" > wrote:
>
> > > Are you sure...
Forum: VW water cooled May 1st 11, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On Apr 30, 3:11*pm, " > wrote:
> On Apr 30, 2:57*pm, "SFC" > wrote:
>
> > Are you sure it's obd2 compliant?
>
> Yes.
>
> The fuel filter might be a good...
Forum: VW water cooled April 30th 11, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On Apr 30, 2:57*pm, "SFC" > wrote:
> Are you sure it's obd2 compliant?

Yes.

The fuel filter might be a good idea - it is about 35K old and kinda-
sorta due anyway.

Peter...
Forum: VW water cooled April 30th 11, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
1999 Eurovan Camper - Severe Hesitation

History:

Vehicle sat in garage drained of water and waste, and clean,
stabilized gasoline (full tank) and w/o batteries from November 30 to
April 27. Batteries added and it started without...
Forum: VW water cooled September 16th 09, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
VW Maintainability

On Sep 16, 12:59*pm, Eric Oulashin > wrote:

> The owner's manual for my 2009 VW Rabbit (AKA Golf) says the break-in
> period is 1,000 miles. *So what's this about 100,000...
Forum: VW water cooled September 15th 09, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
VW Maintainability

On Sep 14, 12:56*pm, Just Facts > wrote:

> > I like the fact that most VWs aren't really broken in well until they
> > achieve 100,000 miles and other vehicles are rare if the make...
Forum: VW water cooled July 22nd 09, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
GPS
Posted By [email protected]
GPS

On Jul 22, 8:00*am, "Detailing Dude" > wrote:
> OK
> I have a 2005 Passat and would like to have in dash gps. Anyone have any
> good ideas?
> I'd like to not spend a fortune but...
Forum: VW water cooled June 25th 09, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
85 golf - sunroof sticking

On Jun 25, 10:18*am, Tobin Fricke > wrote:
> The electric/power sunroof on my '85 golf only opens a fraction of an
> inch at a time. *Each time I press the button it opens something...
Forum: VW water cooled June 18th 09, 11:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Questions to ask when purchasing a 1987 Vanagon Syncro

On Jun 17, 10:43*pm, ZZyZX > wrote:
> What are the primary questions concerning a syncro that should be asked
> prior to purchase?

You DO like adventure, don't you?

A couple of...
Forum: VW water cooled June 9th 09, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Current Leak in 93 Corrado SLC

On Jun 9, 7:54*am, wrote:
> My battery runs down after a few days idle. The battery has been
> replaced. The alternator and regulator checked okay. The mechanic
> measures a...
Forum: VW water cooled June 5th 09, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
VW Maintainability

On Jun 5, 5:24*am, "John" > wrote:
> Had 40 years experience of air cooled VW,s , thinking of a getting a
> Golf/Jetta. Have had very negative comments though oddly enough about
Forum: VW water cooled May 21st 09, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Repair or replace?

On May 20, 7:25*pm, Craig > wrote:

> Unreal, $3000.00? What are they going to do that costs that much? Get
> a second opinion, then fill the tires, change the oil and keep...
Forum: VW water cooled May 21st 09, 12:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Expected Hose Life - VR6 Engine

On May 20, 10:04*pm, "dave AKA vwdoc1"
> wrote:
> I guess I would listen to the mechanic if you trust him AND you trust your
> VW.
> You can always purchase the spare...
Forum: VW water cooled May 21st 09, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On May 20, 6:42*pm, PeterD > wrote:

> if he's that good, then why not take his advice? Personally, a 2500
> mile trip isn't that big a deal... I did two 3500 mile trips in
Forum: VW water cooled May 20th 09, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Expected Hose Life - VR6 Engine

We are about to embark on a long trip with our 1999 VW Winnie Camper.
62,000 miles excellent condition, brakes and cooling system flushed
(with correct replacement antifreeze) when we got it 30...
Forum: VW water cooled May 18th 09, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Repair or replace?

On May 14, 1:41*pm, wrote:

> I've been looking pretty hard at the new Jettas and trying to divine
> the future economics for the family. Any thoughts on the "break even"
> point...
Forum: VW water cooled May 10th 09, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Passat

On May 8, 10:15*pm, PatAL7L > wrote:
> Please talk me out of buying a 2005 Passat VR6 wagon. I've spent years
> fixing two A-2 Jettas, and I've driven all the reliable, boring,...
Forum: VW water cooled April 30th 09, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Auto Glass Replacement

On Apr 30, 7:15*am, wrote:
> yea, that's sort of what I was asking. My main concern was with
> setting the rear glass, I've seen the guys doing windshields and it
> looks like a...
Forum: VW water cooled April 30th 09, 11:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Auto Glass Replacement

On Apr 30, 3:19*am, wrote:
> I have a '91 golf and it was broken into yesterday. They broke the
> hatch window and the passenger window. I was just scouting out a few
Forum: VW water cooled April 29th 09, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
2004 Touareg - 80K miles - center support bearing