Showing results 1 to 25 of 174
Search took 4.55 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ulysses
Forum: Ford Explorer July 3rd 10, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Ulysses
No More Draco?

"Mike Iglesias" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 09:15:47 -0700, Ulysses wrote:
>
>> Hi guys. I can't seem to get to...
Forum: Ford Explorer June 26th 10, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 2
Posted By Ulysses
No More Draco?

Hi guys. I can't seem to get to the Explorer Maintenance info anymore at

http://draco.acs.uci.edu/explorer/

Is it gone? Did it move somewhere else? I need to replace the seal on my
steering...
Forum: Technology April 3rd 10, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By Ulysses
diagnose this

"CWLee" > wrote in message

> "Ulysses" > wrote
>
>> Just curious, but did you have...
Forum: Ford Explorer April 3rd 10, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Ulysses
diagnose this

"CWLee" > wrote in message

> "Ulysses" > wrote
>
>> Just curious, but did you have...
Forum: Technology March 31st 10, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 39
Posted By Ulysses
diagnose this

"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> 92 Ford Explorer 4.0L OHV V6 130K miles, 10K on double plat plugs,
> nearly new plug wires. ...
Forum: Ford Explorer March 31st 10, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By Ulysses
diagnose this

"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> 92 Ford Explorer 4.0L OHV V6 130K miles, 10K on double plat plugs,
> nearly new plug wires. ...
Forum: Ford Explorer March 29th 10, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 9
Posted By Ulysses
Explorer Load Weight Capacity?

"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:46:23 -0800 (PST), JW
> > wrote:
>
>>I'm...
Forum: Technology October 22nd 09, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By Ulysses
Best 4 Cyl Used car ?

"Joe's Newsgroup" > wrote in message ...
I have to buy a used car for my daughter, I am an acomplished backyard mechanic, but I do not...
Forum: Technology October 17th 09, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Ulysses
anyone ever actually get a tire rebate?

"Phil" > wrote in message ...
> online sellers advertise rebates on some tires. Is that an endless road of
> frustration trying to actually get the rebate, even if...
Forum: Ford Explorer October 13th 09, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 15
Posted By Ulysses
Question about gear lubricant

"TonyG" > wrote in message
I don't know how effective the Ford limited slip is. But some years
ago, I...
Forum: Ford Explorer October 12th 09, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

"TonyG" > wrote in message
> Hello All
>
> I'm about to change the gear oil on my 92 XLT with limited...
Forum: Technology October 12th 09, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Ulysses
Tires: rotating, pressure, wear

"Existential Angst" > wrote in message
> Awl --
>
> Some shops rotate tires just front to back, others do the cris-cross. Is
> there...
Forum: Technology October 9th 09, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Ulysses
Trans Fix in Transfer Case?

"Steve W." > wrote in message
> Ulysses wrote:
> > I have a '97 Ford Explorer with Control Trac. The transfer case leaks
at
> > the rear seal (that...
Forum: Technology October 8th 09, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Ulysses
Trans Fix in Transfer Case?

I have a '97 Ford Explorer with Control Trac. The transfer case leaks at
the rear seal (that connects to the rear driveshaft). I replaced the seal
and it still leaks about the same. I did not find...
Forum: Technology October 8th 09, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Ulysses
what makes it a truck, not car, tire?

"ST" > wrote in message
> I searched on tirerack.com for 205/75-15
>
> Up comes: BFGoodrich Radial Long...
Forum: Ford Explorer October 3rd 09, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Replies: 7
Posted By Ulysses
Additonal brake question Jim W!

"TonyG" > wrote in message
Thanks for the email. That's how the left side looks in my books as
well....
Forum: Technology September 19th 09, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Ulysses
what about Chinese tires?

"Phil" > wrote in message ...
> when will prices rise as a result of the tariff? or have they risen in
advance
> already?
>
> is it worth it looking around for low...
Forum: Technology September 16th 09, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Ulysses
Replacing Seat Belt and Air Bag after Collision

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> hls > wrote:
> >
> >I know what you are saying, but the legal issues that could crop up...
Forum: Technology September 16th 09, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"hls" > wrote in message

> "N8N" > wrote in message news:e9afb65e-139a-44db-
> Now tires, struts, suspension...
Forum: Technology September 16th 09, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"Steve W." > wrote in message
> Ulysses wrote:
> > I have an '04 Nissan Frontier that was hit head-on and the driver's air
bag
> > deployed. I...
Forum: Technology September 15th 09, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Ulysses
Replacing Seat Belt and Air Bag after Collision

I have an '04 Nissan Frontier that was hit head-on and the driver's air bag
deployed. I repaired/replaced everything that was damaged except the air
bag (so far, still working on it). The driver's...
Forum: Technology August 28th 09, 04:17 PM Posted to alt.energy.homepower,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Ulysses
what voltage is lower limit for stored battery?

"jack" > wrote in message
> what is the lower limit for an otherwise perfect lead-acid battery when it
should be
> charged, if...
Forum: Technology August 28th 09, 04:02 PM Posted to alt.energy.homepower,rec.autos.tech

"vaughn" > wrote in message

> "RamRod Sword of Baal" > wrote in message
Forum: Technology August 25th 09, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Ulysses
No Fuel Delivery

"TomO" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 11:20:17 +0000, TomO wrote:
>
>> I removed the pickup/pump/sender assy and...
Forum: Technology August 23rd 09, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Ulysses
No Fuel Delivery