Showing results 1 to 25 of 200
Search took 1.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ACAR
Forum: Honda October 15th 10, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 16
Posted By ACAR
Read this before you buy

On Oct 13, 11:39*pm, Gordon McGrew >
wrote:
snip
> We should also consider the alternate theory that ABS doesn't do ****.
> Oh yeah, theoretically it provides greater...
Forum: Honda October 8th 10, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 16
Posted By ACAR
Read this before you buy

On Oct 4, 6:41*pm, Dave Garrett > wrote:
snip

> I was not entirely surprised but definitely dismayed to discover, via a
> passing comment in a recent thread, that TPMS has...
Forum: Honda October 8th 10, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 16
Posted By ACAR
Read this before you buy

On Sep 30, 8:46*am, Tom Adams > wrote:
> ESC is considered to be the greatest advance in safety since the
> seatbelt. *It will be required on all 2012 cars, but it's still
Forum: Honda September 2nd 10, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 35
Posted By ACAR
And yet even more on the legendary Honda failingtransmissions--Honda won't let you buy a new one on your own

On Aug 20, 8:50*pm, Tegger > wrote:

> > I just had my '89 Legend towed away. Don't even try to tell me that
> > systems on that generation vehicle are anywhere near as reliable...
Forum: Honda August 20th 10, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda

On Aug 20, 6:56*am, Tegger > wrote:

> > One thing for sure, Elmo's situation is another nail in the coffin of
> > me ever upgrading to more modern transportation...
>
> Here's...
Forum: Honda August 17th 10, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 8
Posted By ACAR
Failing 2002 Odyssey trans

On Aug 16, 7:23*pm, Tegger > wrote:
> "Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in news:elmop-
Forum: Honda August 16th 10, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 15
Posted By ACAR
The 'Teg might finally be pooched...

On Aug 15, 11:32*pm, Grumpy AuContraire >
wrote:
> Tegger wrote:
> > Oil consumption in the old '91 Integra seems to be increasing very rapidly.
Forum: Honda August 6th 10, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 20
Posted By ACAR
Oil Change Frequency

On Aug 5, 10:53*am, jim beam > wrote:
> On 08/04/2010 05:37 PM, ACAR wrote:

snip

>*or are we going to read the owner's manual
> and read what the heavily researched and invested...
Forum: Technology August 5th 10, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.lexus
Replies: 5
Posted By ACAR
Toyota Dealers Verified Sudden Acceleration Problems in 2003

On Aug 4, 1:41*am, john > wrote:
> Toyota Motor Corp. knew of at least six sudden acceleration incidents
> as early as 2003, including some that were verified by its own
Forum: Honda August 5th 10, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 20
Posted By ACAR
Oil Change Frequency

On Aug 4, 10:44*am, jim beam > wrote:
> On 08/04/2010 04:41 AM, ACAR wrote:
>
> it's not - that kind of info is all over the web. *it's based on oil
> temp and number of...
Forum: Honda August 4th 10, 12:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 20
Posted By ACAR
Oil Change Frequency

On Jul 26, 3:34*pm, Vincent Parry > wrote:
> On 7/26/10 12:30 PM, ACAR wrote:

snip
> So woudja', huh?

So if Honda is so secure with their algorithm, why do they keep it...
Forum: Technology August 4th 10, 12:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
Replies: 8
Posted By ACAR
Toyota gambles with Fire Sale Prices over piling inventory!!!

On Aug 1, 2:33*pm, john > wrote:
> Looks like inventory is piling up, and a good way of doing a fire sale
> is Low Lease Rates to riskier customers (sub-prime?) instead of...
Forum: Honda July 26th 10, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 20
Posted By ACAR
Oil Change Frequency

On Jul 22, 11:41*am, jim beam > wrote:
snip

> otherwise, honda have gone to a lot of trouble to eliminate guesswork,
> superstition and witchcraft from their vehicles, so you can...
Forum: Technology July 26th 10, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
Replies: 20
Posted By ACAR
JD Power APEAL Survey: Toyota ranked next to last, Honda, Nissanbelow average

On Jul 18, 12:59*am, john > wrote:
> "Just as in the 2009 APEAL study, all three Japanese mass market
> brands – Toyota, Honda and Nissan -- scored below the industry
> average....
Forum: Honda April 27th 10, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By ACAR
6th gen Civic MT oil change interval: conflicting data.

On Apr 27, 12:33*am, Kaz Kylheku > wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> The Civic service manual recommends, in its maintenance schedule for the
> 1997 model, a 30,000 mile change interval...
Forum: Technology April 20th 10, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.autos.lexus
Replies: 21
Posted By ACAR
Toyota to recall 600,000 Sienna minivans

On Apr 17, 2:14*am, john > wrote:
> Yeah, another Toyota recall.
>
> "Toyota said today it was recalling 600,000 Sienna minivans to inspect
> for rust in the cable that holds...
Forum: Technology April 9th 10, 05:51 AM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 269
Posted By ACAR
for the guys that are into recreational oil changing...

On Apr 4, 5:18*pm, wrote:

> *MY source is a couple mechanics who work at the local Toyota
> dealerships. They have not had a SINGLE coked engine failure on
> vehicles following...
Forum: Technology April 9th 10, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota

On Apr 3, 11:35*am, jim beam > wrote:

> >> next time you get sick, doubtless you're going to resort to burning
> >> camphor and bread poultices. those "doctor" people and their
Forum: Technology April 2nd 10, 10:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech

On Apr 2, 12:52*pm, Bill Putney > wrote:
> ACAR wrote:
> > Toyota's oil related sludge/gelling issues were pretty well
> > publicized. However, I think it is true that not one problem...
Forum: Technology April 2nd 10, 03:51 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech

On Apr 2, 10:47*am, ACAR > wrote:
> On Apr 1, 11:09*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> snip
>
> > *I don't
> > know of anyone that has had an oil related...
Forum: Technology April 2nd 10, 03:47 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 269
Posted By ACAR
for the guys that are into recreational oil changing...

On Apr 1, 11:09*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
snip
> *I don't
> know of anyone that has had an oil related problems on a car built in the
> past 20 years. *

My independent mechanic...
Forum: Technology April 1st 10, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 269
Posted By ACAR
for the guys that are into recreational oil changing...

On Apr 1, 12:39*pm, ACAR > wrote:

The link Dr. Beam provides indicates a 10,000 mile oil change interval
for cars.
It goes on to say "Mileage can be extended furthest in...
Forum: Technology April 1st 10, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 269
Posted By ACAR
for the guys that are into recreational oil changing...

On Mar 31, 11:34*am, SMS > wrote:
snip
> You're not increasing your engine's life by changing your oil every 2000
> or 3000 miles versus 5000 miles.

Did you bother to...
Forum: Technology March 31st 10, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 269
Posted By ACAR
for the guys that are into recreational oil changing...

On Mar 30, 10:17*am, jim beam > wrote:
snip

> when i posted this - i was thinking of the people that do what their
> granddaddy did,

well, he "changed" oil by adding when it was a...
Forum: Technology March 30th 10, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda,alt.autos.toyota