Showing results 1 to 25 of 316
Search took 0.50 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave
Forum: Driving December 18th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Replies: 439
Posted By Dave
Purchase All Available US Autos

>I don't think I much care for the companies or the unions, at least
>their "bad" sides of both being excessively greedy. However, I
>believe that _both_ of them, together and separately, will be...
Forum: Driving December 17th 08, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,talk.politics.misc,alt.california,alt.politics
Replies: 439
Posted By Dave
Purchase All Available US Autos

> Well, duh, that's what I said. _We_ don't do "empire."
>
>>Vietnam in spades.
>
> ?

Rod Speed is a nymshifting troll. To kill-file him, you'd have to killfile
rod speed, simon jones, 12356...
Forum: Driving December 17th 08, 12:55 PM Posted to misc.news.internet.discuss,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 42
Posted By Dave
Auto Parts Suppliers May Get Scarce

"Allan Smith" > wrote in message
> Dave,
>
>> expecting DEflation, is totally unrealistic.
>
> Er, Consumer Price...
Forum: Driving December 17th 08, 12:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,talk.politics.misc,alt.california,alt.politics

"Brent" > wrote in message
> On 2008-12-17, 12356 > wrote:
Forum: Driving December 17th 08, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave
This is your vehicle on Ox.

"MLOM" > wrote in message
> http://www.mylandofmisery.com/misc-photos/ox.htm
>
> Any questions? :)

Forum: Driving December 17th 08, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Replies: 439
Posted By Dave
Purchase All Available US Autos

> Modern society can't run without banks.

Are you assuming that if a few large banks failed, that they all would fail?
That assumption is wrong, but it's also beside the point. Several of the...
Forum: Driving December 16th 08, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Replies: 439
Posted By Dave
Purchase All Available US Autos

>> Actually, GM is too big to save. Bailing the Titanic with a thimble
>> comes to mind.
>
> The federal government gave citibank a 45 billion dollar check, and
> that was just the 'cash' portion of...
Forum: Driving December 16th 08, 11:00 PM Posted to misc.news.internet.discuss,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 42
Posted By Dave
Auto Parts Suppliers May Get Scarce

>> Let me get this straight... you think that the only way the economy can
>> improve is if there is zero inflation in ummmmm.... EIGHTY YEARS?!?!?
>> please...
>
> As productivity grows and...
Forum: Driving December 16th 08, 10:54 PM Posted to misc.news.internet.discuss,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 42
Posted By Dave
Auto Parts Suppliers May Get Scarce

> It took until 1955 before the stockmarket get back to pre-1920
> levels. If that's your idea of working out well, I know better than
> to take any advice from you.

Well look at it this way. If...
Forum: Driving December 16th 08, 10:10 PM Posted to misc.news.internet.discuss,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 42
Posted By Dave
Auto Parts Suppliers May Get Scarce

>> What was the DOW in 1928, and what is it today? Seems to me it worked
>> out
>> great. -Dave
>
> What's the dollar buy then compared to now? not so great.

Let me get this straight... you think...
Forum: Driving December 16th 08, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,talk.politics.misc,alt.california,alt.politics

"Simon Jones" > wrote in message

> More fool you.

Awwww ****, Rod Speed has nymshifted. -Dave
Forum: Driving December 16th 08, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,talk.politics.misc,alt.california,alt.politics
Replies: 439
Posted By Dave
Purchase All Available US Autos

> Easy to claim. Hell of a lot harder to actually substantiate that claim.

Rod? Is that you? Serious question. -Dave
Forum: Driving December 16th 08, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,talk.politics.misc,alt.california,alt.politics
Replies: 439
Posted By Dave
Purchase All Available US Autos

> Never said that. JUST that thats what Hoover did after the Wall St crash
> and thats what produced the >great depression.

You are refusing the response with the cause. -Dave
Forum: Driving December 16th 08, 09:05 PM Posted to misc.news.internet.discuss,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 42
Posted By Dave
Auto Parts Suppliers May Get Scarce

> wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 07:04:54 -0500, "Dave" > wrote:
>
>>The most stupid thing we could...
Forum: Driving December 16th 08, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics

"Brent" > wrote in message
> On 2008-12-16, Dave > wrote:
>>

>>> So you believe these jomocas asking...
Forum: Driving December 16th 08, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Replies: 439
Posted By Dave
Purchase All Available US Autos

> So you believe these jomocas asking for the handout? Pretty funny.

I believe the jomocas when they say that Chapter 11 equals Chapter 7 which
equals liquidation, which means that GM and...
Forum: Driving December 16th 08, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,talk.politics.misc,alt.california,alt.politics
Replies: 439
Posted By Dave
Purchase All Available US Autos

>> Oh, and I guess you think the stock market crash, the bank failures and
>> OH
>> YEAH, the drought had nothing to do with the great depression? -Dave
>
> stock market crash and bank failures...
Forum: Driving December 16th 08, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Replies: 439
Posted By Dave
Purchase All Available US Autos

> hehe. Ain't you so sure of yourself.
> If you think GM and Chevy are going away, you're mistaken.

If so, then the auto execs. are mistaken also. Unlike you, I don't presume
to know more about...
Forum: Driving December 16th 08, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,talk.politics.misc,alt.california,alt.politics
Replies: 439
Posted By Dave
Purchase All Available US Autos

> Republican and democrat are false differences.

That's always been true, to some degree. But there USED TO BE Republicans
who were somewhat responsible. No more.

> There is the rulers and
Forum: Driving December 16th 08, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Replies: 439
Posted By Dave
Purchase All Available US Autos

>Exactly. I'm not completely indifferent to styling (more on that
>later), but
>a long list of factors come into play first.

>I'm driving a 2003 Toyota Matrix now, and frankly I don't think...
Forum: Driving December 16th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,talk.politics.misc,alt.california,alt.politics
Replies: 439
Posted By Dave
Purchase All Available US Autos

> Its that stupid mentality that produced the great depression.

Oh, and I guess you think the stock market crash, the bank failures and OH
YEAH, the drought had nothing to do with the great...
Forum: Driving December 16th 08, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Replies: 439
Posted By Dave
Purchase All Available US Autos

> Agreed. We need private roads, a private military, private fire
> protection, private police forces, private courts and privately run
> airports. Having the EPA, FDA, FBI, OSHA and the...
Forum: Driving December 16th 08, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,talk.politics.misc,alt.california,alt.politics

"SMS" > wrote in message
> Dave wrote:
>>> cause the differences in reliability and longevity. A start to
>>> addressing...
Forum: Driving December 16th 08, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,talk.politics.misc,alt.california,alt.politics
Replies: 439
Posted By Dave
Purchase All Available US Autos

> cause the differences in reliability and longevity. A start to
> addressing this issue would be for Ford, GM, and Chrysler to give 10
> year power train/5 year bumper to bumper warranties.

GM...
Forum: Driving December 16th 08, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,talk.politics.misc,alt.california,alt.politics
Replies: 439
Posted By Dave
Purchase All Available US Autos

>>How about reducing spending to match the income?
>
> Depends on whether you want the services spending is paying for.

Nope, the last thing I want is the government providing services. The...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 316