Showing results 1 to 25 of 101
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve Austin
Forum: Technology October 7th 07, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve Austin
Price of Fuel.

Steve B. wrote:
>> I was born in 1941, I don't remember the price of gasoline way back in
>> those years, but the price of gasoline was peanuts compared to
>> nowadays.Those old gas pumps were a...
Forum: Technology August 20th 07, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve Austin
02 silverado rear brakes

mark wrote:
> How do you get the rear brake disk/drums off, I relaxed the cables but
> they are still catching on the e/brake shoes.

I like a 4 pound hammer.
Forum: Technology August 15th 07, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Steve Austin
Why no up-shift (auto transmission)

wrote:
> Hello all !
>
> I was diagnosing why my A/C was not working and decided
> to go to the parts store for freon ... I backed out of the driveway,
> put the selector into...
Forum: Technology August 12th 07, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve Austin
P0141

wrote:
> Can an ECU be reprogrammed? I have the above DTC in my Kia and have
> done all the sensor replacement and point to point wiring checks, I am
> convinced the two ECU's...
Forum: Technology August 11th 07, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve Austin
How to remove center console 2003 alero

jdagy wrote:
> I'm looking for help in removing the center console on an alero - I
> can't seem to get past removing the gear shift lever. - I need to
> ge to the fan and air conditioning...
Forum: Technology August 10th 07, 01:10 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve Austin
P1457 Evap emissions code (Check Engine Light), worried aboutpassing smog

wrote:
> I have over 220K miles on my 97 Accord.
> I am on the road and my check-engine-light lit up.
> I took it to Autozone for a read it came up as P1457. Autozone won't
Forum: Honda August 10th 07, 01:10 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech

wrote:
> I have over 220K miles on my 97 Accord.
> I am on the road and my check-engine-light lit up.
> I took it to Autozone for a read it came up as P1457. Autozone won't
Forum: Technology August 10th 07, 01:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve Austin
Repost on wheel bearings for Sebring

wrote:

> By the way, why do I need a special socket to get three ordinary bolts
> out? Am I missing something? Do they somehow work differently than
> other bolts? ...
Forum: Technology August 9th 07, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve Austin
Lumina 2004 Won't start, stalled while driving

rajanm99 wrote:
> I have a Lumina 2004, in november 2006, it stalled while driving, took
> it to a workshop, they tested and changed egr sensor valve and
> ignition module. Then it run for few...
Forum: Technology August 9th 07, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Steve Austin
Suggestions for a shadetree method of setting toe-in?

TomO wrote:
> It's a 1988 Ford F-250 4WD with the 7.3L diesel if that matters.
>
> I managed to bend one of the tie rod adjusting sleeves. (Don't ask,
> let's just say that my bridge-building...
Forum: Technology August 6th 07, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Steve Austin
Bad Diode Stator means?

wrote:
> Years ago, I read somewhere belts and hoses should be replaced every two
> or three years.I don't think anybody does that though.Most people wait
> untill such and such a...
Forum: Technology August 5th 07, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve Austin
OBDII vs OBDI

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
> If I buy an OBD2 code reader will it also work on my 1995 Toyota Tercel. I
> don't know what the Tercel takes, but, all the adds for OBD2 readers say
> they are compatible...
Forum: Technology August 3rd 07, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Steve Austin
Steering systems

wrote:
> of course it is possible to have a very long steering column BUT I'm
> just considering the possibility of have some obstacles in the way of
> the steering column.
Forum: Technology August 3rd 07, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Steve Austin
Question on monocoque chassis...

wrote:
> Which has better strength to weight ratio? a monocoque or a tubular,
> spaceframe chassis?

Why don't you buy some of Carrol Smith's books? They will...
Forum: Technology August 1st 07, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Steve Austin
Steering systems

wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what kind of steering system they use on very long
> cars where
> the driver is far from the front wheels and using a very long steering
> column is...
Forum: Technology July 30th 07, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Steve Austin
95 3.8L Sable overheating Issue

TonnyD wrote:
> That makes since. What are the chances of that being the problem and
> only one cylinder being effected?

See it all the time.
Forum: Technology July 30th 07, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

TonnyD wrote:
> This is what happened. My girlfriends car overheated. She drove it
> till the car shut its self off. yea i know... Any way so the next day
> I checked out the car and the radiator...
Forum: Technology July 30th 07, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Steve Austin
auto tranny fluid check .....WARNING...YARDBIRD WATCH ENACTED

Marsh Monster wrote:

> .
> Finding (A) :
> .
> The OP's transmission is a 4L45E
> .
Wouldn't that be a 4T45E?
Forum: Technology July 29th 07, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve Austin
EGR Valve Beginner Question

Ninja wrote:
> I was helping my brother in law with his '94 Saturn (failed smog for "EGR
> Function") when we came across this symptom that I don't understand. There
> are many things I don't...
Forum: Technology July 22nd 07, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve Austin
Cylinders Fireing.

wrote:
> Whether it's a one cylinder or on up to sixteen cylinders.Not really
> meaning to get off topic on two wheelers) Only one cylinder fires at a
> time.I don't know about the...
Forum: Technology July 21st 07, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Steve Austin
Petition to bring the Electric Car back to the Retail Market.

wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 23:45:32 -0700, wrote:
>
>> Sign this petition to bring the electric car, which they are keeping
>>from us, back to the...
Forum: Technology July 21st 07, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 15
Posted By Steve Austin
How to ensure top and bottom halves of thrust washer are aligned?

HiC wrote:
> Beginning to put this 7MGE Toyota engine together, looking at the
> factory manual - the only instructions as far as installing the
> bearing caps, which includes the thrust washers on...
Forum: Technology July 18th 07, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Steve Austin
Can't get brakes to bleed (78 Chevy K10)

wrote:
> I rebuilt the front end on my truck (new ball joints, tie rods, u-
> joints, etc.) including the calipers and rotors along with wheel
> cylinders on the back about 8 foot...
Forum: Technology July 16th 07, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve Austin
cold air intake qiestion

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> 02civic > wrote:
>> 2002 honda civic ex 5 speed....not a mod kinda guy but heard that a
>> cold air intake will improve my mileage as well as give me a...
Forum: Technology July 15th 07, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve Austin
1993 dodge shadow hesitation on accelerating