Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mac[_2_]
Forum: Mazda July 21st 12, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 12
Posted By Mac[_2_]
Timing belt issue

All taken care of. we found the right marks and corrected the issue.
runs a lot better now.

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 08:42:56 -0400, Mac > wrote:

>1990 Mazda Miata. Changed out the...
Forum: Mazda July 15th 12, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 12
Posted By Mac[_2_]
Timing belt issue

1990 Mazda Miata. Changed out the timing belt yesterday and in the
process got the cams off. Had the cams clamped in place and tied
together but the wrenches slipped. I know, should of also marked...
Forum: Mazda June 29th 12, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 8
Posted By Mac[_2_]
Add-on fan

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 18:05:52 -0400, charlie > wrote:

>On 6/19/2012 10:22 PM, XS11E wrote:
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> On 6/18/2012 11:30 AM, XS11E wrote:
Forum: Mazda June 17th 12, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 8
Posted By Mac[_2_]
Add-on fan

Wanted to see if anyone has added an extra fan to a 1990 Miata.
Looking to add one to help with cooling when the AC is on. Where
would be a good palce to tie into for power. Thanks.
Forum: Mazda January 2nd 12, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 8
Posted By Mac[_2_]
1990 Catalytic converter failed

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 01:00:24 -0500, charlie > wrote:

>On 12/16/2011 5:06 PM, Mac wrote:
>> On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 18:51:40 -0500, > wrote:
>>
>>> Have a 1990...
Forum: Mazda December 16th 11, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 18:51:40 -0500, Mac > wrote:

>Have a 1990 Miata. Failed emissions test. Too much NOx ppm. Failed
>before and I replaced the cat. Is there something that...
Forum: Mazda December 2nd 11, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 8
Posted By Mac[_2_]
1990 Catalytic converter failed

Have a 1990 Miata. Failed emissions test. Too much NOx ppm. Failed
before and I replaced the cat. Is there something that would make the
cat fail besides it being a cheap one. Not sure how long...
Forum: Mazda August 8th 11, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 1
Posted By Mac[_2_]
1990 Miata rack and pinion

1990 Miata, pwr steering. Have to replace the rack and pinion. Any
thoughts/suggestions on what needs to be done. How hard/easy is it?
What tools, anything special? Thanks.
Forum: Mazda August 3rd 11, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By Mac[_2_]
10Amp relay on Drivers side 1990 miata

Thanks for all the information. Looks to be the headlight retractor
relay.

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 11:03:09 -0400, Mac > wrote:

>What is the 10amp relay on the drivers side of the...
Forum: Mazda July 31st 11, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By Mac[_2_]
10Amp relay on Drivers side 1990 miata

What is the 10amp relay on the drivers side of the car next to the
sidewall for? It is behind the access cover with a another relay.
1990 Miata.
thanks.
Forum: Mazda July 25th 11, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By Mac[_2_]
Another strange AC problem

On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 18:38:11 -0400, Mac > wrote:

>Thanks. Going to replace the ac compressor relay after I fine it.
>Not sure of the location. any ideas? can't find it in my...
Forum: Mazda July 21st 11, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By Mac[_2_]
Another strange AC problem

Have a strange AC issue. 1990 Miata. New compressor, expansion valve,
pressure switch, drier. All gauge values look good. Run it for a
while, no set time. Then it will just stop and the rpm's will...
Forum: Mazda July 5th 11, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 20
Posted By Mac[_2_]
Weird AC problem.

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:20:00 -0700, XS11E >
wrote:
Could be the expansion valve is going bad. Can seem to be fine in the
shop and then do what you stated on the raod. But...
Forum: Mazda May 23rd 11, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 0
Posted By Mac[_2_]
AC question

I have a 1990 Miata 1.6l. The compressor is failing and the new ones
are too expensive so looking at a used one. The guy at Partsgroup
said that I can use one all the way up to 1999 and it will...
Forum: Mazda January 26th 11, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 6
Posted By Mac[_2_]
air bag light 1990 Miata

Cleaning the switch seems to have taken care of the issue. has turned
over and started up every time since and no issue with the air bag
light or the wipers. thanks for all the information.

On...
Forum: Mazda January 21st 11, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 6
Posted By Mac[_2_]
air bag light 1990 Miata

Thanks for all the information. I am going to try the ignition switch
cleaing that is on the Miata site.

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 21:29:24 -0500, Christopher Muto
> wrote:

>On...
Forum: Mazda January 20th 11, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 6
Posted By Mac[_2_]
air bag light 1990 Miata

Battery is only a year old. another thing that happened, would not
turn over tonight and appears to be the igition switch. figure maybe
it was not making contact and the air bag ckt was...
Forum: Mazda January 17th 11, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 6
Posted By Mac[_2_]
air bag light 1990 Miata

had the air bag light come on multiple times on the way home tonight.
on off on off. also the wipers were acting sort of flaky at the same
time. any ideas?? 1990 Miata.
Forum: Mazda January 3rd 11, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By Mac[_2_]
Muffler

Need to replace the aftermarket muffler on a 1990 Miata and just
wanted to see what folks thought would be a good one. Hvae seen some
of the catback ones on ebay, but not sure of the quality. ...
Forum: Mazda May 15th 10, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By Mac[_2_]
primary fan

30A fuse ok, TFA to gnd test works. Looks like the thermoswitch is
bad. not sure of replacing it since I can't easily see it or get to
get. how does putting the jumper in all the time sound? Fan...
Forum: Mazda May 13th 10, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By Mac[_2_]
primary fan

Thanks for the info. Found the same stuff today and am going to try
and see if that is the problem. little bit of a pain since that
sensor is on the back side of the engine.
thanks again

On Wed,...
Forum: Mazda May 12th 10, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By Mac[_2_]
primary fan

Question on the primary fan. 1990 Miata. Primary fan sometimes does
not come on when engine temp reaches midrange on gauge like it should.
almost overheats if I don't turn on the ac, when turn on...
Forum: Mazda March 13th 08, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 17
Posted By Mac[_2_]
Soft top Question

Thje car is 1990, the top was put on in 1999. Use Armour All at least
a couple of time a year, real thick coat.

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 08:25:32 -0700 (PDT), Jazz_Azz
Forum: Mazda March 12th 08, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 17
Posted By Mac[_2_]
Soft top Question

Starting to get some cracks on the side of the top, where it folds
down. Was wondering if there was some kind of glue or silicon that
would work to seal/batch it up. I do not want to replace the...
Forum: Mazda September 16th 07, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 0
Posted By Mac[_2_]
A/C issue

Just wanted to thank everyone that helped with my recent a/c issue.
Ended up being the expansion valve was bad. Discovered it while
running the system and got a vaccum was it was on. replaced it...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 35