Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.96 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob AZ
Forum: Chrysler December 17th 11, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob AZ
1986 Fifth Avenue-Cold Start-crank 3 times-Start on 4th try

My 1986 Chrysler Fifth Avenue takes 4 trys to start in the morning.
Simply does not start on the first 3 tries. Starts right up on the 4th
try. Starts and runs throughtout the day without problems....
Forum: Chrysler August 21st 11, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob AZ
Built in HomeLink transmitter unit in visor

> The HomeLink module in my sun visor has stopped sending signals
> to the garage door opener. *Dealer says it's not covered under
> extended warranty. He wants $500 for a new HomeLink equipped...
Forum: Chrysler March 18th 11, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob AZ
86 Chrysler 5th avenue. AC Update to R134 fitting.

"> It was my understanding that if you did it "by the book" those
> retro-fittings were glued into place. *Not sure if they are removable
> but I assume the rule calling for the glue was intended to...
Forum: Chrysler March 13th 11, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob AZ
86 Chrysler 5th avenue. AC Update to R134 fitting.

When someone updated my AC to R134, the replacement fitting is too
close to the bracket that connects the hose to the compressor. It will
not allow the quick connector from the guages to be...
Forum: Chrysler February 25th 11, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 0
Posted By Bob AZ
Chrysler 5th Avenue Rims

I have a 1986 Chrysler 5th Avenue. Yesterday I bought new tires and
the extenders from the rim to attach the hubcaps are of different
lengths. Short ones on the rear and longer ones on the front. The...
Forum: Chrysler October 23rd 10, 07:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob AZ
1986 Chrysler 5th avenue - Which transmission fluid?

I have googled the Mopar site for definitive information for the
correct transmission fluid for my 1986 Chrysler 5th Avenue. I still am
not sure. I asked the dealer and they did not respond, as they...
Forum: Chrysler September 5th 10, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 0
Posted By Bob AZ
Chrysler 5th Avenue Service Manual. Swap 1987 for 1986

Would anyone like to swap a 1986 Chrysler 5th Avenue Service Manual
for a 1987 Chrysler 5th Avenue Service Manual?

Mine is clean, complete and very useable.

Thanks
Bob AZ
Forum: Chrysler July 19th 10, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob AZ
I got the Tranny Fluid in the PT changed

I wouldn't want them to think I don't
> trust them. I've been dealing with them for over 30 years.

Peter

They are simply not to be trusted. And my dealer knows that I don't
trust them. The service...
Forum: Chrysler May 11th 10, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob AZ
OEM Chrysler Parts Catalogs for Sale

On May 9, 7:19�am, Joe > wrote:
> I have some OEM microfiche parts catalogs for sale for various
> Chrysler Dodge Eagle Jeep Plymouth and Dodge Truck models. Most are on
Forum: Chrysler February 19th 10, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob AZ
2002 GC Headlight Problem...

On Feb 16, 7:59�am, Newman > wrote:
> Here's a weird one...
>
> Most of the time, but not *all* the time, I only have one headlight!
>
> This all started a few weeeks ago. I...
Forum: Chrysler January 30th 10, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 0
Posted By Bob AZ
2001 LHS 3.5 small oil leak

Just 20K miles on this

On the front center top of the engine there is a small breather, I
think it is. On the front of the intake manifold. (Behind this
breather there is an actuator and arm that...
Forum: Chrysler January 15th 10, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob AZ
Anyone going to this year's Detroit Auto Show?

> > I have asked at the Chrysler and Dodge dealers but they are
> > no help.
>
> Your local dealers in AZ will of course have no clue about the Detroit
> auto show or it's logistics.

MoPar...
Forum: Chrysler January 14th 10, 06:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Jan 11, 6:31�am, MoPar Man > wrote:
> I ask this question every year - and the response is always the same -
> no response.
>
> Is there nobody reading this newsgroup who lives...
Forum: Chrysler January 5th 10, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob AZ
Service Manual Plymouth Belvedere II 1966

> I am searching for a service manual for a Plymouth Belvedere II 1966.
> Does anyone know where I can find such a service manual?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Erwin

Erwin

Ebay. Good selection
Forum: Technology November 12th 09, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.models.rc.air
Replies: 17
Posted By Bob AZ
Painting Equipment

�Do I want to look for anything special (beyond explosion
> proof) in an exhaust fan (I have a room in mind, and am planning on just
> poking a hole in the wall for the fan)?

Forum: Chrysler September 14th 09, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob AZ
multiple factory service manuals?

On Sep 13, 4:24�pm, "Cox Newsgroups" > wrote:
> Would anyone know what is contained in the different types of factory
> service manuals?
>
> I'm searching for a OEM Factory Service...
Forum: Technology January 12th 09, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge.trucks,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 54
Posted By Bob AZ
Ignition question involving use of ballast resistor

> A lot of time the problem with the insulation displacement type
> connectors is that people don't pay attention to the proper size (red,
> blue, or yellow) for the gage of wire. �That is...
Forum: Chrysler January 12th 09, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge.trucks,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 54
Posted By Bob AZ
Ignition question involving use of ballast resistor

> A lot of time the problem with the insulation displacement type
> connectors is that people don't pay attention to the proper size (red,
> blue, or yellow) for the gage of wire. �That is...
Forum: Chrysler January 12th 09, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge.trucks,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 54
Posted By Bob AZ
Ignition question involving use of ballast resistor

looking at the pdf of the instruction sheet, the fact
> that they specify those squeeze on connectors that bite through the
> insulation worries me. i've used them quite a bit but they are
Forum: Technology January 12th 09, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge.trucks,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 54
Posted By Bob AZ
Ignition question involving use of ballast resistor

looking at the pdf of the instruction sheet, the fact
> that they specify those squeeze on connectors that bite through the
> insulation worries me. i've used them quite a bit but they are
Forum: Chrysler January 4th 09, 10:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge.trucks,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 54
Posted By Bob AZ
Ignition question involving use of ballast resistor

> Bob, you'll have to excuse me for being a jaded. I bought this truck new
> and have taken very good care of it. That fact that I cannot buy a $60
> replacement part that is crucial to running the...
Forum: Technology January 4th 09, 10:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge.trucks,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 54
Posted By Bob AZ
Ignition question involving use of ballast resistor

> Bob, you'll have to excuse me for being a jaded. I bought this truck new
> and have taken very good care of it. That fact that I cannot buy a $60
> replacement part that is crucial to running the...
Forum: Technology January 2nd 09, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge.trucks,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 54
Posted By Bob AZ
Ignition question involving use of ballast resistor

> The vehicle manufacturer, Chrysler, is the one that stuck me with an
> electronic feedback carburetor for which I cannot buy a replacement
> mixture control solenoid.
>
> Do you really think they...
Forum: Chrysler January 2nd 09, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge.trucks,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 54
Posted By Bob AZ
Ignition question involving use of ballast resistor

> The vehicle manufacturer, Chrysler, is the one that stuck me with an
> electronic feedback carburetor for which I cannot buy a replacement
> mixture control solenoid.
>
> Do you really think they...
Forum: Chrysler January 2nd 09, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.dodge.trucks,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 54
Posted By Bob AZ
Ignition question involving use of ballast resistor

> Well that's it. At present, I am more than happy with the ballast
> resistors. The truck runs great. Just curious as hell as to what might
> be going on.
>
> Jack

Jack

Read Dans' reply more...