Showing results 1 to 25 of 144
Search took 5.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: .boB
Forum: Ford Mustang February 2nd 08, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By .boB
head question

LeRoy wrote:
> I'm doing a budget 351w buildup. What I need to know, are the early (1970)
> 302 heads the same as the 351w heads (port size ect)? I found a set of 70
> 351 heads, but want to make...
Forum: Ford Mustang January 13th 08, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By .boB
exhaust

wrote:
> iv got a 97 3.8 v6 and i want to change the exhaust but i cant figuer
> out how to git the old off because i dont want to cut it is there any
> way to do that

After...
Forum: Ford Mustang December 23rd 07, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 6
Posted By .boB
Looking for engine advice for my 73 convertible

wrote:
> This summer I purchased a 1973 Mustang convertible. The car is
> equiped with a 302 and automatic suspension. I would like to have the
> engine either rebuilt or...
Forum: Technology December 6th 07, 04:50 PM Posted to alt.autos.rod-n-custom,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By .boB
1974 Nova Upgrade

Charlie wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a 1974 Nova and it's time to upgrade. We are the original owners
> and know it's history.
>
> It has a 6-cyl 250, 3 speed transmission and drum brakes.
>
> My...
Forum: Technology December 6th 07, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.rod-n-custom,rec.autos.rod-n-custom
Replies: 8
Posted By .boB
Converting odler mechanical FI intakes to EFI

Bill wrote:
> Hi ho-
>
> Got a few older Hilborn/Crower intakes collecting dust and would like
> to convert them to EFI. Trying to avoid welding in the injector bungs
> as the
> heat causes...
Forum: 4x4 December 5th 07, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 6
Posted By .boB
losing coolant

ford78 wrote:
> Hello I have a 78f250 that runs on propane. The engine was rebuilt about
> 1000km ago.It sat parked for about 8 yrs.New water
> pump,thermostat,radiator.There are bubbles in the...
Forum: Ford Mustang December 5th 07, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By .boB
Few 2000 GT service questions

wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had a leak in my gas tank filler pipe and it just cost me $600 to
> have it replaced. ($120 for the pipe and the rest for labor.
> Apparently you need to drop the...
Forum: 4x4 December 2nd 07, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 8
Posted By .boB
Found small battery under seat

SkyKing49 wrote:
> I found a small A23 12 volt battery under my Jeep seat....2006 jeep
> wrangler X. Anyone know what it might go to?
> TIA

Probably for the satellite tracking device. The...
Forum: Ford Mustang November 18th 07, 03:19 AM Posted to alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 6
Posted By .boB
Can I jack my 93 Mustang under the front control arm?

Joe Colella wrote:
> Is there any wrong or stupid with jacking my 93 Mustang from under the
> control arm?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Joe

Depends on how you do it. If you use a floor jack
Forum: Ford Mustang November 10th 07, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 8
Posted By .boB
World Fastest Car - bugatti veyron top speed 407 km/h

jennyjenny wrote:
> check out video of world fastest car
> http://dreamautocars.blogspot.com/2007/10/bugatti-veyron-top-speed-407-kmh.html

Great car. But no longer the fastest.

Forum: Ford Mustang November 3rd 07, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 1
Posted By .boB
heat problems

wrote:
> 1999 mustang v-6 it has a new thermostat but sometimes the heat
> will quit working and as you keep driving it will come back on
> when it decides to . it...
Forum: Ford Mustang November 1st 07, 06:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By .boB
"I Am Legend" Movie Mustang Trivia

wrote:
> Anyone seen the trailer for this upcoming flick? They use a new GT500
> in the film. So even if the movie is a bomb at least we can see a
> GT500 in action. Here's some...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 22nd 07, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 5
Posted By .boB
Tire Pressure

Big Duke wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a 2004 Mustang with the V6 that came with the 16 inch wheels. Along
> the way someone changed out the wheels for 17 inch. The tire size is now
> 245/45 ZR...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 11th 07, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By .boB
1968 Mustang info needed

Ron Patterson wrote:
> I have a 1968 Mustang 302 V8 power train in a 'Ford Exotic'. Four barrel
> carb and 4 speed.
>
> Can someone provide me with the following factory recommendations:

Forum: Ford Mustang October 10th 07, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By .boB
Front Disc Brake Kit for 1966 Coupe Info

Mike B wrote:
> I am looking for advice as to which disc brake conversion kit people
> recommend for my 1966 mustang coupe.
>
> It has a 1986 302, T5 trany & posi rear. I don't know what internal...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 4th 07, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 21
Posted By .boB
Tires........Mustang Cobra

wrote:
> I have a 2002 Cobra and I'm looking for tires that will last longer
> than the BF Goodrich soft compound tires. I have a 4.10 gear in it but
> I'm not one for laying...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 3rd 07, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 15
Posted By .boB
302 overheats at low RPM

Les Benn wrote:
> "elaich" <|@|.|> wrote in message ...
>
>>"Ron Patterson" > wrote...
Forum: Ford Mustang October 2nd 07, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 15
Posted By .boB
302 overheats at low RPM

Mas Plak wrote:
Be sure and drill a 1/4" hole in the base plat so the
system
>>will burp on it's own.
>

> bottom or top? of the thermostat plate

I place it at 12 o'clock.
Forum: Ford Mustang September 30th 07, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 15
Posted By .boB
302 overheats at low RPM

lxixboss wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just bought an '89 fiberglass Austin Healey 3000 replica with what I
> think is an '84 Ford 302(5L) engine, a C-4 transmission and a Ford 8-
> inch rear end. Cooling...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 21st 07, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 14
Posted By .boB
One BBL Carburetor Runs Rough at Idle

Larry Lindstrom wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> My Friend has a 1965 Mustang 6 Cyl.
>
> He's on his fifth rebuilt carburetor.
>
> The current one is slightly better than the rest, but still
Forum: Ford Mustang September 15th 07, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 6
Posted By .boB
Tires for 2003 GT

Gerry wrote:

> What the best replacement tires for the Mustang 2003 GT these days...
>
> Seems the OEM tires only last 35,000 miles.
>
> gerry
> Ft Collins, Co

Not enough information. Tires...
Forum: 4x4 September 13th 07, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.4x4
Replies: 6
Posted By .boB
Can anyone identify these wheels from a picture??

Felix wrote:
> Hi Everyone, I was just wondering if anybody knows anything about
> these wheels as I would like to buy some but I cant find any like them
> and I dont know anything about the ones in...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 6th 07, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By .boB
tie rod ends on 68 mustang

bigshrek76 wrote:

> what is the best way to break manual streering parts, in particular
> the tie rod ends, on a 68 mustang? steering parts have been together
> for a long while.

Remove...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 24th 07, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 3
Posted By .boB
Intake manifold torque settings

goodnigh wrote:

> Any advice on the intake manifold torque settings for a 351C 4V
> with an Edelbrock 351 4V LB Performer?
> The original cast iron settings were 23 - 25 for 5/16 bolts
> and 28 - 32...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 11th 07, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By .boB
seat foam for rear seats

bigshrek76 wrote:

> i own a 68 mustang. i am trying to locate rear seat foam for my
> mustang. is there a site i can go to purchase a set?

Pick up the phone and call MustangsPlus. If they...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 144