Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: surface9
Forum: Ford Mustang March 8th 12, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 5
Posted By surface9
towing maximum for F150 lariat

On Mar 8, 2:32*pm, surface9 > wrote:
> I am thinking of buying a 2007 F150 Larriat, but, the current one-
> owner doesn't have the original brochure and doesn't know what the
> towing...
Forum: Ford Mustang March 8th 12, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 5
Posted By surface9
towing maximum for F150 lariat

I am thinking of buying a 2007 F150 Larriat, but, the current one-
owner doesn't have the original brochure and doesn't know what the
towing max is for that vehicle. How can I find out? This...
Forum: Ford Mustang August 2nd 09, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 14
Posted By surface9
2002 3.8l Mustang 5-speed - cable or hydraulic clutch?

I took it to quantum-performance in Dallas and they rode around with
me for a bit and told me that it was not a problem, but, was typical
of the stock transmission that comes standard on my 2002...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 28th 09, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 14
Posted By surface9
2002 3.8l Mustang 5-speed - cable or hydraulic clutch?

I drove a lot yesterday and used the double-clutch method when
changing from 1st to 2nd and it did lessen the thud sound, but, the
time it takes me to effect a double-clutch is more than what it...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 27th 09, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Jul 26, 6:53*pm, david > wrote:

> Try double-clutching when you drive it... if that causes the noise to
> diminish, then the problem may be worn out synchros in the...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 26th 09, 08:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 14
Posted By surface9
2002 3.8l Mustang 5-speed - cable or hydraulic clutch?

I found the owner's manual at the ford website, and read about how to
adjust the clutch (motor off, 1st gear, pull up on the clutch, then
press all the way down and listen for a clicking sound). I...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 25th 09, 08:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 14
Posted By surface9
2002 3.8l Mustang 5-speed - cable or hydraulic clutch?

When I bought it in April, the previous owner did not have an owner's
manual, and I couldn't find one anywhere - if you know where I can get
one, please advise. I did look and I see that my clutch...
Forum: Ford Mustang July 22nd 09, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 14
Posted By surface9
2002 3.8l Mustang 5-speed - cable or hydraulic clutch?

My 2002 3.8l 5-speed mustang has always (since I bought it in April
'09) exhibited an annoying "clunk" sound when i put it in first gear,
and less so, in 2nd gear. However, if I wait a half second...
Forum: General June 15th 09, 07:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By surface9
Replacing 2002 mustang seat belts?

My Ford dealer wants over $200 labor to replace the seat belts (not
retracting), and he says he has to remove the back seat and then
remove the plastic moldings in both sides of the rear where the...
Forum: General May 31st 07, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By surface9
new car warranty: GM, Ford, Chrysler?

I just got a shock minutes before writing a check for a new Chevy
Malibu. The Warranty Officer (whatever his title was, he was a
different person than the saleman) explained to me (on video tape...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10