Showing results 1 to 25 of 56
Search took 0.19 seconds.
Forum: Driving June 19th 12, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
To USENET Viewers of this group....

Is there a way you can describe your view of this group - what threads you see? Since I'm too cheap to acquire a Usenet emulator and don't want newsgroups downloaded to my harddrive. :)

I'll tell...
Forum: Driving June 11th 12, 11:30 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
85 Mile Per Hour Speed Limit Seen on State Highway 130

The belief system in the Republic of Texastan is so out of synch with that of the United States it may as well be its own sovereign nation!

More executions annually than in the 49 United States...
Forum: Technology June 9th 12, 11:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
85 Mile Per Hour Speed Limit Seen on State Highway 130

What do we care about speed limits in another country for anyway??
Forum: Driving June 7th 12, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
More stupidity

Then say CELL PHONE!!! "CP" my clavicle.

For ye will will be judged by how you treat the dense among ye....

;)
Forum: Driving June 7th 12, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
Vintage Photos of Car Crashes

On Wednesday, May 30, 2012 10:34:09 PM UTC-4, Tom $herman (-_-) wrote:
> What the title says:
> <http://www.flavorwire.com/294312/vintage-photos-of-car-crashes?all=1>
>
> --
> Tºm Shermªn -...
Forum: Driving June 1st 12, 12:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
More stupidity

I don't know what PLANET you and Harry K drive on but I have never had this issue making a left turn across multilanes. I just WAIT until an adequate sized opening develops and then I turn. I guess...
Forum: Driving June 1st 12, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
More stupidity

Problem is opening up Yankee minds to the bge method. Which, btw works best on cars where the mirrors are closest to the side window glass.
Forum: Driving May 31st 12, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
More stupidity

I gotta agree with GPS - just how the DUCK does pulling over to the right shoulder facilitate making a left turn across multi-lanes - on two wheels, four wheels, or eighteen?!

I call it 'stand my...
Forum: Driving May 31st 12, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
More stupidity

I'm sorry, I did'nt realize this thread was a conversation between two-wheel operators. For some reason I didn't pick that up.

Still, activating a left turn blinker - whether on saddle or in seat -...
Forum: Driving May 30th 12, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
More stupidity

I brought this up numerous times but it was given little attn he Side view mirrors need to be as far forward on the driver's door as possible and as close to the window glass as possible.

This...
Forum: Driving May 28th 12, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 51
Posted By [email protected]
Turnsignal - never saw before

I explained my reason for doing it - take it or leave it. NO BAH DEE leaves three seconds betw themself and the driver in front of them, not even smokey!
Forum: Driving May 27th 12, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

On Saturday, May 26, 2012 6:24:14 PM UTC-4, Tom $herman (-_-) wrote:

> Makes the idiots pay attention and stay away. Much safer than your
> admitted tailgating - when somethings happens on the...
Forum: Driving May 26th 12, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

On Saturday, May 26, 2012 1:42:34 PM UTC-4, Tom $herman (-_-) wrote:

> If you want to change lanes to the left, get to your opening, drift to
> the right and signal right for a couple of clicks,...
Forum: Driving May 26th 12, 11:49 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 51
Posted By [email protected]
Turnsignal - never saw before

uk: On driving faster to prevent someone pulling in front of you - there will ALWAYS be someone faster than you. Going faster is just a vicious cycle by which everyone will be going faster than the...
Forum: Technology May 26th 12, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
A/C vs climate control. me thinks 1:0

That's what happened when VW moved their assembly to Mexico, et al! German reliability went out the window. Shame, the world's best handling outside of the big Italians(Maserati, 'Ghini), but hit &...
Forum: Driving May 24th 12, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

On Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:47:00 AM UTC-4, Harry K wrote:

> I think you nailed it. From his first post he reads like a teenager
> with very limited driving experience but thinks he "knows it...
Forum: Driving May 24th 12, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

On Thursday, May 24, 2012 12:47:31 PM UTC-4, gpsman wrote:
> On May 24, 11:41*am, wrote:
> > So I should signal, as i do about a second or two before committing my lane change, then...
Forum: Driving May 24th 12, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 51
Posted By [email protected]
Turnsignal - never saw before

So I should signal, as i do about a second or two before committing my lane change, then take my sweet time getting over there and getting a mirror-full of a REAL mffy'er closing up my gap? You must...
Forum: Driving May 24th 12, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 51
Posted By [email protected]
Turnsignal - never saw before

My "haste" in changing lanes quickly(once all due diligence is exercised) makes perfect sense: I'm in a high speed environment - there's no time to dilly-dally and take 30 sec to change lanes -...
Forum: Driving May 19th 12, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

On Saturday, May 19, 2012 12:33:31 AM UTC-4, gpsman wrote:
> On May 18, 2:51*pm, wrote:
> >
> > I’m in southern CT. *My biggest pet peave around here = slow drivers!
>
> There's...
Forum: Driving May 18th 12, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving

On Friday, May 18, 2012 10:59:55 AM UTC-4, Harry K wrote:
> On May 18, 5:58*am, wrote:
> > So that's how it is gps? *We live in a world where even a blinking turn indicator cannot...
Forum: Driving May 18th 12, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 51
Posted By [email protected]
Turnsignal - never saw before

So that's how it is gps? We live in a world where even a blinking turn indicator cannot be trusted. Doesn't say much for us as a species, eh?
Forum: Driving May 18th 12, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 51
Posted By [email protected]
Turnsignal - never saw before

Dyslexia! People here actuate their blinkers whey they're going straight but don't use them when they are turning/changing lanes.

I was making a left turn across a 4-lane state road, into a store...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 56