Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Erik Dillenkofer[_2_]
Forum: VW air cooled November 5th 10, 10:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
I have moved. Again :)

Sure you can get a car in there. One option is disassemble it and put it in
one piece at a time, the other option is to put it on rollers and push it in
sideways. They're just not the easiest way...
Forum: VW water cooled November 2nd 10, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 11
breaking problems

If your press on the petal, and the breaks don't work. you'll prolly bend
the bumber!

(I think I actually fit four of my peeves in that one ...)

"PeterD" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled October 25th 10, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 7
replacing battery...

If it has a factory radio, make sure you have the unlock code first ...

"SFC" > wrote in message
> No, first remove neg. then...
Forum: VW water cooled September 30th 10, 09:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Multi Grade Sand Filter

Fine, medium, coarse.

"PeterD" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 17:35:14 -0400, "Erik Dillenkofer"
Forum: VW water cooled September 29th 10, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Multi Grade Sand Filter

I hadn't considered a cabin filter, I assume it keeps all sizes of sand out
of the cabin. After all, it is a MULTI-GRADE sand filter ...).

"PeterD" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled September 28th 10, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 8
Multi Grade Sand Filter

Not oil filters ... water filters! Something every watercooled VW needs ...

"PeterD" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2010...
Forum: VW air cooled March 11th 10, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
air-cooled? it's really Oil cooled.

Actually ... they're just plain "cool"!

"Jan Andersson" > wrote in message
> Oh I forgot to add fuel cooled. Sorry.

Forum: VW air cooled February 1st 10, 11:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 14
Ice Storm Causes Near Miss for Beetle/ How Do I Get Ice Off Windows?

I had the opposite happen. Car was sitting in the hot Florida sun, hit the
windshield with cold water from the hose while washing the car, and the
windshield cracked.

So yes, quick temperature...
Forum: VW water cooled December 31st 09, 11:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 1
96 Mk3 Golf alarm not responding to fob (car immobilized)

Remove the fuse from the red wire, and re-splice the #50 wire back together
(currently connected the yellow/red and purple/black). That will silence the
alarm and remove it from the starting...
Forum: VW air cooled December 11th 09, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 16
Woe is us

I know exactly how you feel, we had a cold front move through Florida today.
It's only 72 degrees outside right now ... brrrrrr ... winter's here!

"Randy" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled November 15th 09, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 27
PS: 1999 Beetle Overheating

Diane - Jan Andersson lives in Orlando. If he can't fix it, nobody can.

"PeterD" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009...
Forum: VW water cooled October 30th 09, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 18
Got the ignition coil recall notice ...

I had to replace the clutch at 162,000 miles ... of course I read electric
meters at the time and drove from house to house to house all day long.

You'd think the clutch would last longer than that...
Forum: VW water cooled October 29th 09, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 18
Got the ignition coil recall notice ...

Nah, the 80's weren't any good either. I only got 18 years and 314,000 miles
on my '83 GTI before I sold it (with the original engine) ... and bought my
'01 Jetta TDI which now has 200,000 miles on...
Forum: VW water cooled October 3rd 09, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 12
'90 Golf faltering for a second. Transfer fuel pump?

I had a similar problem with my '83 GTI ... twice. First time it was the
ground strap between the engine and the chassis going bad ...when I
accelerated, the engine twisting in the mounts was...
Forum: VW air cooled July 23rd 09, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 11
Cash for Clunkers

In other words, if you had enough money to buy that big, expensive Hummer,
you get the rebate. Otherwise you're outa luck ...

"Funkie" > wrote in message...
Forum: VW water cooled May 1st 09, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Replies: 5
89 VW Cabriolet

Personally, I think it's about time for a new car.

Starting problem could be a problem with the cold start valve (the "5th"
injector), could be a bad fuel accumulator. Burning oil is to be expected...
Forum: VW air cooled March 11th 09, 09:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Well, I got older but nothing exiting to post on RAMVA

My grandmother always said that "getting older sure beats the alternative"!

"P.J.Berg" > wrote in message
> On Tue,...
Forum: VW air cooled February 13th 09, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Tires

It's only aircooled when the A/C is broken and the windows are down.

"Eddie" > wrote in message
> Wow, I didn't know a...
Forum: VW air cooled February 6th 09, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 28
VW powered generator

In 1980 I worked for the Univ of Florida at their research station in Ft
Pierce, Florida. We had a citrus tree sprayer (trailer drawn blower) that
was powered by ... a VW engine.

"dave AKA vwdoc1"...
Forum: VW air cooled January 28th 09, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 22
Got some snow today.

C'mon now Jan ... you're stretching it a bit ... it didn't get much above 76
F. :-)