Showing results 1 to 25 of 193
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tony R
Forum: Simulators November 7th 13, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By Tony R
Axis sensitivity (FFB)

On 06/11/2013 21:12, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
> Tony R:
> Mario Petrinovic:
>> No, sensitivity should be 100%.
>
> Mario, 50% is fully linear, 0% and 100% are the extreme curves allowing
Forum: Simulators November 6th 13, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By Tony R
Axis sensitivity (FFB)

On 05/11/2013 22:10, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
> Mario Petrinovic:
> Mario Petrinovic:
> Ha, I found one important mistake that I've made. I had axis
> sensitivity on the default value in...
Forum: Simulators March 23rd 13, 09:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 19
Posted By Tony R
"cockpitLookDeadZone" affects Centering Spring

On 22/03/2013 23:22, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
> Tony R:
> Mario Petrinovic:
>> Tony R:
>> Mario Petrinovic:
>>> Hm, interestingly, after whole day of testing I managed to disprove
>>> all of the...
Forum: Simulators March 22nd 13, 08:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

On 22/03/2013 01:18, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
> Tony R:
> Mario Petrinovic:
>> Hm, interestingly, after whole day of testing I managed to disprove
>> all of the above, and I am back where I was...
Forum: Simulators March 22nd 13, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

On 19/03/2013 20:42, Mario Petrinovic wrote:

> Hm, interestingly, after whole day of testing I managed to disprove
> all of the above, and I am back where I was before.

I just can't believe it to...
Forum: Simulators March 15th 13, 09:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 7
Posted By Tony R
Rfactor 2

On 14/03/2013 19:21, FolkGT wrote:

> Well, most of the staff from GPL is now with Slightly Mad Studios. You
> can draw your own conclusions. :)

Really? who? I think you meant GTR2
Forum: Simulators October 4th 12, 07:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 15
Posted By Tony R
"steeringFFBSmooth"

On 02/10/2012 11:39, Mario Petrinovic wrote:

> Few corrections.
> First, FFBSmooth should be at 1.000000.

Humble pie for tea again, eh Mario? ;)

On 14/09/2012 09:59, Mario Petrinovic wrote:

"My...
Forum: Simulators October 4th 12, 07:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 5
Posted By Tony R
New Project CARS trailer

On 03/10/2012 21:36, Andrew MacPherson wrote:
> (FolkGT) wrote:
>
>> Trick? I don't know what you're talking about.
>
> About six months ago there was another deadline for...
Forum: Simulators May 12th 12, 10:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 40
Posted By Tony R
New PC's FFB

On 10/05/2012 18:11, FolkGT wrote:
> Speaking of pCARS, have you considered giving it a try?

Cruel. When Mario opens up the console and can see all the FFB
parameters he can adjust, his head will...
Forum: Simulators April 8th 12, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 40
Posted By Tony R
New PC's FFB

On 06/04/2012 15:08, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
> have a metod to see what FOV is right the other way. The CORRECT way.

You wouldn't happen to related to Jean-Marie Balestre by any chance?
Forum: Simulators January 11th 12, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 30
Posted By Tony R
How to balance FFB

On 10/01/2012 16:49, FolkGT wrote:
> I'm hesitant to make any
> changes from the default of 50%, because I'm concerned that 50% might mean
> "linear", which is desirable.

50% is indeed linear, above...
Forum: Simulators December 24th 11, 12:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 9
From the archives...

On 24/12/2011 08:09, Andrew MacPherson wrote:
>> A GPL Christmas
>> by Joe Shaw
>
> Ok, now it's Christmas. :-)

Glad to see some things don't change!

> It should be a happy new sim year too. Plenty...
Forum: Simulators November 14th 11, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 27
Posted By Tony R
FFB (new development)

On 11/11/2011 02:00, Andrew MacPherson wrote:

> I think it's important to remember that many of the major breakthroughs in life
> come from people who most would consider to be obsessive maniacs....
Forum: Simulators August 21st 11, 10:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 26
FFB
Posted By Tony R
FFB

On 20/08/2011 13:04, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
> Ok, this is "the right" way to set FFB.

The free Atlas telemetry tool can show when FFB forces have reached
their max. Also a guy has written a tool...
Forum: Simulators August 3rd 11, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 3
Posted By Tony R
Computer for iRacing

On 01/08/2011 22:20, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
> I would like first class computer for iRacing (I buy computer every 3
> years, but it must be first class).
> Anybody knows which graphic card (Nvidia...
Forum: Simulators July 15th 11, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 33
Posted By Tony R
I was trying not to expect too much from rF2, but...

On 14/07/2011 23:27, Mario Petrinovic wrote:

> Ok. The thing is that FFB relies on latency, and heavely depends on how
> high is your screen.

What makes it hard for developers is the variability of...
Forum: Simulators July 14th 11, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

On 13/07/2011 07:13, Mario Petrinovic wrote:

> So, why do you
> interfere into the discussion about FFB, then. Let the people who think
> that FFB is important help themselves to adjust FFB...
Forum: Simulators July 12th 11, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 33
Posted By Tony R
I was trying not to expect too much from rF2, but...

I would completely disagree. Real drivers feel car movement through
their inner ear which matches up with what they see. Check out reserch
on simulator sickness to understand why some people simply...
Forum: Simulators October 24th 09, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 8
Posted By Tony R
I re-started my membership and need help

Niles Anders wrote:

> I only had a 1 month membership and I'm not really up to speed on
> procedures. I wanted to start working on my oval stats but I can't seem
> to get in a race, as of October...
Forum: Simulators October 19th 09, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 9
Posted By Tony R
iracing leagues?

KMacK wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone knows of any leagues moving to iracing or
> forming within iracing? With the hosted private sessions it should now
> be possible (just have to score the...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 16th 09, 11:15 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 95
Posted By Tony R
Pikey tyres

SteveH wrote:

> Hi Tony.... didn't realise you were still about!

Still lurking occasionally! Wifey has a Fiat 500 and my eldest daughter
a Punto Grande so there is still an affiliation with...
Forum: Simulators October 16th 09, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 33
Posted By Tony R
iRacing - price drops - class updates mid-season

Andrew MacPherson wrote:

>> One of these days he will settle down and buy a two year deal
>
> Wash your mouth out!
>
> Seriously, all I probably really want from iRacing at this stage is one,...
Forum: Alfa Romeo October 16th 09, 10:38 PM Posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Replies: 95
Posted By Tony R
Pikey tyres

SteveH wrote:

> For the rest of us manly drivers, lift-off oversteer is a desirable
> characteristic.

You didn't say that about the 33 you bought off me :)

Cheers
Tony
Forum: Simulators October 16th 09, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators

schooner wrote:

> Just find it curious you talk of iRacing so often in a negative light,
> if you don't like it why not just move on?
> Still so many seem to watch their every move so as to...
Forum: Simulators October 15th 09, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators