Showing results 1 to 25 of 425
Search took 4.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: z[_1_]
Forum: Honda July 9th 09, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By z[_1_]
Using a trickle charger - any rules on this?

On Jun 25, 6:04*pm, y_p_w > wrote:
> Really - I got used to the headlamp switching off with the ignition on
> my Subaru. *My wife has also forgotten. *

good old volvo 240, same...
Forum: Honda July 9th 09, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech

On Jun 29, 9:13*pm, john > wrote:
> Yeah. At least in the US it's now *required* to have a key chime, not
> an "option".

key chime, or headlight chime? key chime, i got...
Forum: Honda July 9th 09, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech

On Jun 24, 2:22*pm, "Steve W." > wrote:
> y_p_w wrote:
> > So here's the deal. *The car is a Honda Civic with a group 51 battery
> > (Kirkland Signature from Costco if that...
Forum: Honda July 9th 09, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 23
Posted By z[_1_]
1999 Civic blown head gasket

On Jul 3, 10:08*pm, Grumpy AuContraire >
wrote:
> BT wrote:
> > On Jul 2, 7:29 pm, Grumpy AuContraire >
> > wrote:
>
> >>Two items that were...
Forum: Honda July 9th 09, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda

On Jul 1, 8:05*pm, BT > wrote:
> On Jul 1, 2:10*pm, BT > wrote:
>

> > Car: 1999 Honda Civic CX (Hatchback)
> > Miles: 242,000
> > Location:...
Forum: Honda July 9th 09, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda

On Jul 1, 8:05*pm, BT > wrote:
> On Jul 1, 2:10*pm, BT > wrote:
>

> > Car: 1999 Honda Civic CX (Hatchback)
> > Miles: 242,000
> > Location:...
Forum: Honda July 9th 09, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda

On Jul 1, 11:30*pm, jim beam > wrote:

> yes. *i'd do jdm or domestic [low mileage] used, NOT rebuilt. *rebuilt
> is only ok is you don't care or if you know a /REALLY/ fastidiously...
Forum: Honda July 9th 09, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 47
Posted By z[_1_]
Update & Happy Ending Rear-Ended; New Bumper?

On Jul 8, 7:38*pm, "Forrest" > wrote:
> "Tegger" > wrote in message

> > Elle...
Forum: Honda July 9th 09, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda

On Jul 7, 3:19*pm, Brian Smith > wrote:
> Elle wrote:
> > Postscript: On reflecting on this accident and preventing it in the
> > future, and from reading Dan's post, I...
Forum: Technology July 6th 09, 07:15 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By z[_1_]
1986 Chevrolet Celibity

On Jul 1, 9:10*pm, Tegger > wrote:
> Nate Nagel > wrote :
>

> > People accuse German cars of being overly complex, and...
Forum: Technology July 6th 09, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By z[_1_]
absorbed too many shocks?

87 dodge aries. pretty good shape, considering; only 80K miles.
belongs to little old lady who only uses it to drive to the crack
house. anyway, i'm driving it on a city street and suddenly...
Forum: Honda June 22nd 09, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 3
Posted By z[_1_]
1994 Accord Rocker removal

On Jun 20, 3:16*pm, "Vike201" > wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to this list. I'm doing rust repair on my daughters 1994 Accord and
> I can't figure out how to remove the plastic...
Forum: Honda June 10th 09, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Posted By z[_1_]
honda s600 chain final drive? but why?

turns out the old Honda s600 little sporty cars had a differential and
half shafts in the rear, but then little sealed chain drives from the
end of the half shaft to the rear wheel on either side....
Forum: Honda June 10th 09, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 1
Posted By z[_1_]
Water Powered Cars Will Never Work

On Jun 4, 5:39*am, wrote:
> Water Powered Cars Will Never Work...http://www.uretima.info/2009/06/water-powered-cars-will-never-work.html

i don't see why. put a setup on to...
Forum: Technology May 20th 09, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By z[_1_]
Ethanol Based Fuel is Destroying Automobiles.

On May 19, 9:56*am, wrote:
> www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=264589
>
> wearethegovernmentandweareheretohelpyou.
> cuhulin

ethanol based beverages are also...
Forum: Technology May 20th 09, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By z[_1_]
Anyone use a solar maintainer for automobile battery?

On May 18, 10:20*pm, mg > wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with any of the 12 volt solar battery
> maintainers? Any recommendations?
> --
> Email hint - Everything...
Forum: Honda May 10th 09, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 12
Posted By z[_1_]
Tegger's 'Teg passes another emissions test!

On May 6, 9:48*am, Tegger > wrote:
> With 321,000 miles on it.
>
> That aftermarket Walker-brand cat is working much better than I expected it
> to. Check out the NO number...
Forum: Technology April 24th 09, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By z[_1_]
Mini cars don't fare well in collisions with mid sized cars!

On Apr 23, 11:07*pm, fred > wrote:
> z > wrote :
>

> > On Apr 22, 6:51*pm,...
Forum: Technology April 23rd 09, 05:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Apr 22, 6:51*pm, fred > wrote:

> >> And a Corvette...
Forum: Technology April 22nd 09, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Apr 21, 3:43*pm, wrote:
> On Apr 15, 1:55*pm, Don Stauffer > wrote:
>

> > Roger Blake wrote:
Forum: Technology April 20th 09, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Apr 20, 10:05*am, Steve > wrote:
> z wrote:
>
> > High speed head on or near head on collisions are very rare,
> > particularly in the US where divided highways are the norm.

Forum: Technology April 20th 09, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Apr 20, 10:07*am, Steve > wrote:
> z wrote:
>
> > hey, if people want to drive a big truck for whatever reason, with the
> > handling of a big truck, then it stands to reason they...
Forum: Technology April 20th 09, 06:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Apr 19, 2:05*am, "Paul Hovnanian P.E." > wrote:
> "Steve W." wrote:
>
> > WASHINGTON - *Micro cars can give motorists top-notch fuel efficiency at
> > a competitive price, but...
Forum: Technology April 20th 09, 06:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Apr 16, 10:38*am, Steve > wrote:
> Nate Nagel wrote:
> > Don Stauffer wrote:
Forum: Technology April 20th 09, 06:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech