Showing results 1 to 25 of 115
Search took 0.59 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Project Magnet #1
Forum: VW air cooled May 16th 09, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 19
Posted By Project Magnet #1
Brake bleeding issues, need help

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Cletus" > wrote in message
>>
>> I've lenghthened out the pushrod as far...
Forum: VW air cooled May 10th 09, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Project Magnet #1
1963 deck lid

wrote:
>>> Different size splines at the top, would require running the later model
>>> steering wheel. Just went thru that in my baja.
>>> Les
>
> Les, mine is the same...
Forum: VW air cooled May 10th 09, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Project Magnet #1
1963 deck lid

P.J.Berg wrote:
> On Sun, 10 May 2009 16:56:55 +0200, Project Magnet #1 > wrote:
>
>> wrote:
>>> Arch, If you aren't pursuing a totally pure restoration,...
Forum: VW air cooled May 10th 09, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Posted By Project Magnet #1
1963 deck lid

wrote:
> Arch, If you aren't pursuing a totally pure restoration, I would
> recommend a later model collapsible steering column vice the '63
> model, should fit right in, much...
Forum: VW air cooled March 21st 09, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 33
Posted By Project Magnet #1
Where Did Everyone Go?

John J wrote:
> Project Magnet #1 wrote:
>> I'm still around, even though I drove myself over the edge finally...
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJnRJooJ3k8
>
> You got a roll-bar in there? ...
Forum: VW air cooled March 21st 09, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 33
Posted By Project Magnet #1
Where Did Everyone Go?

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Project Magnet #1" > wrote in message
>> I'm still around, even though I drove myself over the edge...
Forum: VW air cooled March 21st 09, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 33
Posted By Project Magnet #1
Where Did Everyone Go?

I'm still around, even though I drove myself over the edge finally...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJnRJooJ3k8

Les
Forum: VW air cooled January 20th 09, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
Posted By Project Magnet #1
What's for dinner tonight?

John J wrote:
> Shag wrote:
>> Homemade macaroni and cheese with bacon here. I boiled some elbow
>> macaroni in water and a little bacon grease
>
> [... snip heart stopper ...]

Forum: VW air cooled January 4th 09, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Posted By Project Magnet #1
hello everyone been a few years

Keven Catton wrote:
> Hello,
> Some might remember me and others might not....
>
> So hello to the group... again....
> am
> I strayed from my VW ways and built a few 4x4's
>
> Built a 1977...
Forum: VW air cooled January 2nd 09, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Project Magnet #1
What Every Woman Wants! (No, Seriously!)

Bob Hoover wrote:

> It gives you a nice boost, knowing you have what they want. Makes you
> want to flex your stick-like arms or show your turkey's neck to best
> advantage. Yup. Things are...
Forum: VW air cooled January 2nd 09, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 14
Posted By Project Magnet #1
Brought another VW home today...

Shag wrote:

> Ah, very cool, Les. I look forward to following your progress on this
> project. I always liked the truck conversions done to the Beetles. I
> came close to buying one about 7-8...
Forum: VW air cooled January 2nd 09, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Jan Andersson wrote:

> Here's a pickup conversion from Finland....
>
> http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o53/lavakupla/
>
> Jan

Nice fabrication... Mine won't be that nice by any means, I plan...
Forum: VW air cooled January 2nd 09, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 14
Posted By Project Magnet #1
Brought another VW home today...

I ran across this in someone's signature on Samba:

"1960 VW bug/pickup conversion (junk)"

I sent him a message asking if he had pics of it. He sent me a few and I
offered a trade of a tacked...
Forum: VW air cooled December 24th 08, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Project Magnet #1
70 Steering Box help needed

vgonman wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I have about 8 inches of l=play in my steering, and the steering box
> is the culprit. I visually watched from under the car. The steering
> coupler has been replaced,...
Forum: VW air cooled December 2nd 08, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Project Magnet #1
Swingaxle or IRS?

wrote:
> On Dec 1, 11:36 am, Speedy Jim > wrote:
>> none wrote:
>>> if its a stock 68 it'll be swing axel :)
>>> Tricky
>> Ah. Unless it is/was an...
Forum: VW air cooled December 2nd 08, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 5
Posted By Project Magnet #1
Swingaxle or IRS?

wrote:
> I am putting together a long list of parts to do a complete brake job
> on my 1968 Bug Sedan (STD).
>
> I see there are some differences with the brake...
Forum: VW air cooled October 30th 08, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 17
Posted By Project Magnet #1
Spinal Surgery

Bob Hoover wrote:
> To All:
>
> Wish me luck. Going under the knife in about two hours.
>
> -Bob Hoover
> -@ 0613

Best of luck for a speedy and complete recovery.
Forum: VW air cooled October 21st 08, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 72
Posted By Project Magnet #1
Farmington NC show

wrote:
> On Oct 20, 6:58 pm, Remco > wrote:
>> On Oct 19, 6:32 pm, " > wrote:
>>
>>> what a great show today. There was...
Forum: VW air cooled October 7th 08, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 19
Posted By Project Magnet #1
OT-do you do your part? ( VW related)

wrote:
> Did the second pick-up this weekend 11 bags of trash and 2 bags of
> aluminum cans that will go to the Alamance homeless shelter.
>
> There was also a contest for the most...
Forum: VW air cooled October 5th 08, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 9
Posted By Project Magnet #1
How hard is it to replace all the rubber bushings on a 1977 VWBeetle Standard?

dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
> I had a 1976 Standard Beetle in Green and I have seen some hardtops sold as
> 1977s in the USA. I guess they would have to be Standard Beetles also.
> 1978 and 1979 were...
Forum: VW air cooled September 18th 08, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 12
Posted By Project Magnet #1
73 vw brakes vs newer

AircooledJohn wrote:
> I find 3 leaking cylinders on the driver's side interesting, since the
> car only has 2 on the driver's side. Is your "mechanic" named Mario by
> any chance?
>
> John
Forum: VW air cooled September 18th 08, 05:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 26
Posted By Project Magnet #1
Deer meets 65 beetle

trey wrote:
> http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2118414970101866121cmQYmN
>

> Good lord, would you please spend less time uploading pictures, and more
> time learning to weld. That makes me...
Forum: VW air cooled September 14th 08, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Leopold Stotch wrote:
> wrote:
>> http://community.webshots.com/album/560088269FDkEKd?start=252
>>
>> Because I was tired of looking at the trash and not knowing a way to
>> get it...
Forum: VW air cooled September 13th 08, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 3
Posted By Project Magnet #1
King pin clearance?

KWW wrote:
> dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
>> Been too long since I have rebuilt any, like 30 years. I only seem to
>> remember 1 VW tool that reams these out. I am not even sure if I can
>> even find...
Forum: VW air cooled September 13th 08, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 4
Posted By Project Magnet #1
Rock climbing in a Baja anyone?