Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.47 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike
Forum: BMW October 11th 07, 02:17 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike
All 07 3 series come with run flats?

Yeah, RF tires are on all the new 3 series.

I have a 2006 330xi and it came with Bridgestone RF tires.

I work for Goodyear (who owns Dunlop) so BMW actually was happy to swap out
the runflats for...
Forum: BMW October 9th 07, 03:15 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 0
Posted By Mike
335i overheating, comments?

There's been talk about the 335i overheating if really hammering it,
'specially the versions without the extra oil cooler (which comes with Sport
package only).

Any truth to the overheating? Is...
Forum: BMW August 29th 07, 10:49 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 81
Posted By Mike
How good IS BMW's 6 cylinder engine?

Anyone else get a valve lifter ticking in the E90 I6 (2007 330), when engine
is cold?

Goes away after 5 min or so.

Thanks,

Mike

> wrote in message
Forum: BMW August 28th 07, 11:12 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 81
Posted By Mike
How good IS BMW's 6 cylinder engine?

I have a 2006 E90 (330xi), that's the new 6cyl 3.0 255 hp unit (not the dual
turbo).

Very nice, very smooth, very pull-y. On occasion, when the engine is cold,
at idle I do notice what sounds...
Forum: BMW July 4th 07, 07:07 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 20
Posted By Mike
E90 speedometer error - can calibrate?

Gents, thanks to both for the reply.

Glad to know it's not an actual instrument error.

Will keep that extra 4-5MPH in mind.

Regards,

Mike
Forum: BMW July 4th 07, 06:46 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 20
Posted By Mike
E90 speedometer error - can calibrate?

I have a 2006 E90 (330xi).

I had heard from another owner of an E90 at work, that his speedometer reads
high, compared to what he was getting on his portable GPS.

I tried same (using a Garmin...
Forum: BMW April 12th 07, 01:35 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike
Remove front speaker on 2006 330xi

Thanks Jeff,

I'll keep an eye on it. Given that it's under warranty, I'd rather not pull
the panel off. Do you happen to know if the round cover pops off? If so, I
may just do that, have a...
Forum: BMW April 11th 07, 10:40 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike
Remove front speaker on 2006 330xi

I think the driver's side speaker has a slight rattle.

Are the speakers easy to remove? Do the just pop-out?

The round one just above the window switches.

Thanks,

Mike
Forum: BMW April 1st 07, 03:17 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike
squeeky steering wheel

I have had to chase squeaky steering wheel issues on two separate cars. A
1988 Audi 90, and a 1993 Volvo 850. Both VERY VERY frustrating. Steering
wheels should simply not squeak.

In both...
Forum: BMW March 24th 07, 03:48 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 0
Posted By Mike
E90 Squeaky gearshift

Have an '06 330xi manual tranny, the shifter squeaks under the leather boot,
as if the knuckle joints or lever joints are dry (not lubed).

I've asked the BMW dealer to lube them in two different...
Forum: BMW March 18th 07, 12:29 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike
Good solvent for revoming glue residue?

"Goo Gone" is petroleum based and pretty good for things like stickers,
tape, etc. Has a citrus-y smell, not bad. Similar to common mineral
spirits, but smells better. Kerosene works too but...
Forum: BMW March 17th 07, 12:11 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By Mike
E90 persistent Cruise Control failures

After having my E90 (330xi) in the shop several times, the Cruise Control
failure error still comes on.

It's a yellow icon with speedometer diagram and exclamation point, and the
cruise control is...
Forum: BMW November 27th 06, 02:18 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 0
Posted By Mike
E90 cruise control fault

Several times (maybe 1 out of every 4) when I push the cruise stalk
forwards, I get the big yellow cruise control icon with the exclamation
point to the upper right of that.

From that point on,...
Forum: BMW October 17th 06, 01:57 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike
E90 330 exhaust butterfly valve??

Jeff, excellent description, thanks much!

Interesting bit of acoustical engineering.

Mike

"Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
Forum: BMW October 16th 06, 01:25 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike
E90 330 exhaust butterfly valve??

Have about 1000 mi on the new E90, 330xi.

When viewed from the rear, I notice the left of the two exhaust pipes looks
more used that the right one. As if the right one is never (or hardly)
used,...
Forum: BMW September 24th 06, 02:25 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By Mike
Location of CDV on E90?

Can anyone tell me which panel I need to remove, in order to get access to
the Clutch Delay Valve on an E90?

Thanks,

Mike
Forum: BMW September 13th 06, 04:38 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 0
Posted By Mike
E90 "Blackline" tail lights

Anyone have their new E90 ordered with the optional BMW "Blackline"
tail-lights?

Gives clear at the top (thus amber bulb for turn sig), and red along bottom
for brake/park.

All over, slightly...
Forum: BMW August 25th 06, 01:12 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By Mike
E90 ('06 3-series) Lugnut Torque?

What's the proper lug bolt torqe for the stock 17" wheels on the '06 330xi?

Thanks!

--
Mike

(remove the REMOVE)
Forum: BMW August 14th 06, 10:27 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 2
Posted By Mike
2006 330xi (E90) rim width question.

In answer to Joe's question....

"joe_tide" > wrote in message
> Mike: Just out of curiosity - why didn't you get the winter tires from...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19