Showing results 1 to 25 of 146
Search took 2.64 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pete[_8_]
Forum: BMW May 26th 08, 10:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 15
Posted By Pete[_8_]
BMW 135i Winter Tire Question

> wrote
> In snowy conditions what is so different about the 135i? Should not
> skillful, and cautious, driving be enough? Note, I am not talking
> about anything greater than...
Forum: BMW March 14th 08, 08:42 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By Pete[_8_]
2005 325i Sedan

"Ulf"wrote
>> And when you're actually ready to buy, check out www.rockauto.com - the
>> have good pricing on a lot bmw parts.
>
> Do you have any personal experience buying from them? Now, with...
Forum: Audi March 13th 08, 04:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 11
Posted By Pete[_8_]
Audi A3 oil change every 5K or 10K?

"Dano58" wrote
> Well, my 2004 car has a 'service due' indicator that flashes on the
> DID at start-up... But it won't tell me miles left etc.

You need to press one of the buttons on the dashboard...
Forum: BMW March 11th 08, 07:58 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 11
Posted By Pete[_8_]
2005 325i Sedan

"Ulf" wrote
> Try http://www.realoem.com/bmw/

And when you're actually ready to buy, check out www.rockauto.com - the
have good pricing on a lot bmw parts.

Pete
Forum: BMW February 21st 08, 10:42 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 36
Posted By Pete[_8_]
[E39] Floaty steering at hwy speeds

"pfloding" wrote
> He probably meant a simple fault like the wrong tire pressure can give
> a lot of your symptoms. Anyway, shouldn't the rear wheels have
> significantly higher pressure compared to...
Forum: BMW February 21st 08, 05:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 36
Posted By Pete[_8_]
Floaty steering at hwy speeds

"adder1969" wrote
> or put more than 20psi in the tyres :-)

I didn't catch that last part. What did you mean by that? I run about 35
psi all around.

Pete
Forum: BMW February 21st 08, 03:27 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 36
Posted By Pete[_8_]
Floaty steering at hwy speeds

"adder1969" wrote
> Is it you with the castor out of spec?

Yes.

> If your car's been hit in the
past and the chassis is twisted, it's not going to help.

That is my fear. CarCheck did not show...
Forum: BMW February 20th 08, 10:51 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 36
Posted By Pete[_8_]
[E39] Floaty steering at hwy speeds

"pfloding" wrote
> What happens if you do not correct the steering so often? Does the car
> immediately wander off the lane?

Yes.

Pete
Forum: BMW February 20th 08, 09:01 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 36
Posted By Pete[_8_]
[E39] Floaty steering at hwy speeds

"pfloding" wrote
> I was specifically thinking about your problem whilst driving the E39
> today. I've had E39s now for about 7 years, and I'm so used to them. I
> did notice a sort of fairly high...
Forum: BMW February 20th 08, 05:42 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 36
Posted By Pete[_8_]
[E39] Floaty steering at hwy speeds

"pfloding" wrote
> The best thing would be if you could test someone else's car -a car
> that that person regards as a normal E39. Here in UK doing this is a
> b-tch due to insurance laws, but the US...
Forum: BMW February 20th 08, 05:40 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 36
Posted By Pete[_8_]
Floaty steering at hwy speeds

"adder1969" wrote
> Maybe it's the tyres. Those "Maxx"s are the cheap ones aren't they?

The Maxx is the top of the max performance tire in the Dunlop lineup with
very good reviews on TireRack. I...
Forum: BMW February 20th 08, 03:49 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 36
Posted By Pete[_8_]
[E39] Floaty steering at hwy speeds

"pfloding" wrote
> Yeah, but for the other case (pulling to one side) they recommend a
> relatively (compared to the toe-out) large toe-in. BTW, I wonder if BMW
> loaded down the car as recommended...
Forum: BMW February 19th 08, 06:49 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 36
Posted By Pete[_8_]
Floaty steering at hwy speeds

"adder1969" wrote
> I'm disallowed access to the photo site from work :-( I was going to
> mention caster but thought nah it can't be off. It can be adjusted
> but not necessarily without...
Forum: BMW February 19th 08, 03:04 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 36
Posted By Pete[_8_]
Floaty steering at hwy speeds

"adder1969" wrote
> Often on the big heavy cars you can't spot that there's some play in
> the supension until you've got the parts off. If the car's just
> wallowy then it's either just because...
Forum: BMW February 16th 08, 04:57 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 36
Posted By Pete[_8_]
[E39] Floaty steering at hwy speeds

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote
> Check all the steering geometry, tyre inflation, wheel alignment, bearings
> and shock absorbers (or just put it in for an MOT).

No such thing as MOT here in Florida. As...
Forum: BMW February 15th 08, 05:14 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 36
Posted By Pete[_8_]
[E39] Floaty steering at hwy speeds

"Jeff Strickland" wrote
> My car follows the grooves they cut into the concrete. This is normal.

Sure. But in my case the floaty feeling exists even on smooth asphalt with
no grooves.

Pete
Forum: BMW February 15th 08, 03:39 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 36
Posted By Pete[_8_]
[E39] Floaty steering at hwy speeds

"pfloding"
> It may well be the same problem I had which was that a rear wheel
> control arm was worn out: One rear wheel had a lot of play in its
> alignment, requiring me to correct the car's path...
Forum: BMW February 8th 08, 08:27 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 7
Posted By Pete[_8_]
06 330 I

"admin" wrote
>> Since the car is still under the original warranty, you can just talk to
>> a local BMW dealer to have it certified as CPO. Of course it's going to
>> cost money, so you have to...
Forum: BMW February 8th 08, 07:13 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 7
Posted By Pete[_8_]
06 330 I

"Dana" wrote
>> Get the CPO warranty to cover you up to 100k miles/6 years.

> Unfortunately , I don't think that's available . I'm buying from a private
> individual .

Since the car is still under...
Forum: Audi February 7th 08, 10:26 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 8
Posted By Pete[_8_]
RS6 DRC

"Dave LaCourse" wrote
> Dave
> (who has found out that he will be dead before an R8 comes in at a
> reasonable (sticker) price,

I probably missed your discussion on this subject. What happened? ...
Forum: Audi February 7th 08, 07:19 PM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 31
Posted By Pete[_8_]
2.7T Gas Mileage

"Benjamin Gawert" wrote
> I know the Passat 3BG very well, and the interior quality of this Passat
> was noticeably worse than any 3BG I've seen before.

What exactly is a Passat 3BG? I've never...
Forum: BMW February 5th 08, 02:45 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 8
Posted By Pete[_8_]
Dice iPod Adapter

"John Carrier" wrote
> To be honest, if you're fiddling with the iPod and its click wheel while
> driving, you're sufficiently distracted to be a hazard to yourself and
> others.

O please. I'm...
Forum: BMW February 4th 08, 08:31 PM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 8
Posted By Pete[_8_]
Dice iPod Adapter

"Winter Time" wrote
> I'm interested in replacing my trunk mounted CD changer with a Dice
> adapter to play tunes from my video iPod through the stock radio in my
> 2001 330XI.
>
> How complicated...
Forum: BMW February 2nd 08, 05:52 AM Posted to alt.autos.bmw
Replies: 22
Posted By Pete[_8_]
Bimmer auto trans. still bummers?

"kpb" wrote
>A while back someone posted about the 2000 323i auto transmission
> being junk. Apparently this is well known.

It is also well known by now that you're a douchebag that has nothing...
Forum: Audi February 2nd 08, 05:49 AM Posted to alt.autos.audi
Replies: 31
Posted By Pete[_8_]
2.7T Gas Mileage

"Benjamin Gawert" wrote