Showing results 1 to 25 of 229
Search took 1.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Hal
Forum: Mazda April 24th 11, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 9
Posted By Hal
Loose Emergency Brake

> 1) Stop at a slope, pressing the foot brake.
> 2) Put the gear in neutral.
> 3) Pull up the emergency brake as hard as I can.
> 4) Release the foot brake.
>
> At that point, the car starts to roll...
Forum: Technology April 15th 11, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By Hal
Automatic vs. Manual transmission

Okay, I'm going to NOT take this out of context. Here is sentence one:

> a lot of auto transmissions in domestics are designed to fail after
> given mileages. *

Sentence two:

> there's nothing...
Forum: Technology April 14th 11, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By Hal
Automatic vs. Manual transmission

> you're stuck in a time warp dude - it's 2011.

WHOA. Holy smokes, thank you for that, Cap'n Obvious. ;-)

> er, how many clutches are there in a traditional auto? *how many
> hydraulic...
Forum: Technology April 13th 11, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By Hal
Automatic vs. Manual transmission

> anyone saying this stuff is hard to repair is the same kind of luddite
> that said that about fuel injection 30 years ago. *now we laugh at
> injection luddites, not only because injection systems...
Forum: Technology March 16th 11, 08:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Hal
Water in gas

On Mar 14, 10:33*pm, wrote:
> I have two lawn mowers, both of them have Briggs & Stratton engines.One
> of them is 3.75 HP, the other one is 6.5 HP.That damn ethanol crap has
Forum: Mazda March 14th 11, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By Hal
1997 P0300 weirdness

> The first thing that comes to mind is the tendency of Miatas to eat
> spark plug wires. If yours haven't been replaced in the last 30K miles
> or so, you might want to throw a set at it and see...
Forum: Technology March 13th 11, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Hal
1996 silverado drive shaft removal.

On Mar 12, 5:28*pm, stryped > wrote:
> I am having trouble removing the driveshat out of my 1996 chevy.l It
> is one piece. The front is a yoke going into the transfer case, The
Forum: Mazda March 12th 11, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By Hal
1997 P0300 weirdness

All - my 1997 with 109k on the clock has developed an annoying habit
of flashing the CEL at highway speeds recently. I never lose any
power, and the car runs fine throughout the RPM band.

I found a...
Forum: Mazda January 19th 11, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 17
Posted By Hal
I passed!

On Jan 18, 4:09*pm, XS11E > wrote:
> Once again I passed my Arizona Emissions test and I didn't even study!
> <G>
>
> Test is $27.75, license fee is $20.19!
>
> <Mr. Rogers...
Forum: Mazda January 16th 11, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By Hal
Power antenna upgrade -1997 miata

For anyone who might be wondering....I hooked it up wrong.

If you decide to go for the power antenna on a car that did not have
it(look for a rubber plug where the drain tube connects near...
Forum: Mazda December 22nd 10, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By Hal
Power antenna upgrade -1997 miata

All,

I have what I beleive is a good used power antenna motor from a 1996
miata. I bought a new mast for it, but I cannot get it to go up when
the radio turns on. I don't have a wiring diagram so...
Forum: Mazda December 13th 10, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By Hal
MSM intake parts replacement

All....I'm in a bit of a funk. I want to replace the rubber inlet pipe
on the 04 MSM, and I see two variants available. One, by bell
engineering, looks to be a direct fit if I only want to replace...
Forum: Mazda December 5th 10, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 34
Posted By Hal
Ford Cuts Mazda Stake from 11% to 3.5%

On Nov 25, 8:02*am, "SilverB" > wrote:
> I'm with you Chris. *After being burned by "Ford Quality" twice (shame on
> me) in the 80s, I'll never buy another one. *They may indeed...
Forum: Mazda November 20th 10, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On Nov 18, 8:42*am, Christopher Muto > wrote:
> http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Ford-Cuts-Mazda-Stake-to-zacks-20595483...

Thank God. The less blue oval I see under the hood of a...
Forum: Technology October 9th 10, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Hal
Dirty power steering fluid: This a scam?

> Question: Is this a legit concern? *Dirty power
> steering fluid and should I have it changed?
>
> Or is this some kind of scam?

At 200k I would have changed the fluid once or twice already, and...
Forum: Technology September 21st 10, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Hal
Government could seek foreign investors for Government Motors

On Sep 20, 7:08*am, wrote:
> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=295922
>
> Who would have thunk it?
> cuhulin

We shoulda let the carcass die and rot the first...
Forum: Technology August 26th 10, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Hal
Red Angel. AC stop leak.

On Aug 25, 9:42*pm, (Jessica Hill) wrote:
> My ac system started leaking, but no signs of oil could be found. So the
> NAPA store recommended I try Red Angel ac stop leak. *$38....
Forum: Mazda August 21st 10, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Hal
torquing the crank bolt

On Aug 21, 7:03*am, peter > wrote:
> hi,
>
> i am trying to torque the crank pulley bolt on my 95 to 120# with
> tranny in gear and brakes set but cant get to hold. *i do not see...
Forum: Mazda August 14th 10, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 24
Posted By Hal
Another weird thing about my MSM

> Did I mention that there isn't enough room to the left of the clutch pedal
> for my foot? *It's size 9 on a good day. *Is the place for your foot for
> show only? *If you rest your foot there and...
Forum: Mazda August 14th 10, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Hal
MSM and cooling

So today it was about 104 degrees out and I was taking a little trip
in the '04 MSM. Everything was in the green, until I got off the
freeway after an 80mph or so sprint with traffic. I get stopped...
Forum: Mazda August 14th 10, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 27
Posted By Hal
follow up on that leaky top issue.

> > I live in Texas. *A baseball bat isn't of much use against a gun.
>
> Silly boy. First you take his gun away using your gun. Then you break
> his legs with the baseball bat. Arms, too, if he...
Forum: Mazda August 6th 10, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By Hal
opps: anti freeze

> i have recently been reading about anti freeze and wonder if i have
> done something bad.
> put a rebuilt motor in my 96 and thinking dex-cool was better, used
> it.
> i am now thinking that is not...
Forum: Mazda August 6th 10, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 32
Posted By Hal
Next MX-5 Uncovered

On Aug 4, 11:11*pm, Christopher Muto > wrote:
> pictuhttp://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/mazda-mx-5/next-mazda-mx-5-uncovere...
> brief...
Forum: Technology July 28th 10, 06:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Hal
(OT) Cheap plastic lawnmower wheels

On Jul 26, 12:07*pm, wrote:
> This afternoon, I went to Lowe's and I bought four new 7 inch diameter
> steel wheels with 1/2 inch ball bearing center hub.They are made in
> China,...
Forum: Technology July 28th 10, 06:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By Hal
GM prices Volt at $41,000, will tout EV as a 'real car' <areal...

> Heh, I am not rich like y'all are.
> cuhulin

......drives a 1988 Mitsubishi pick-up to work. With a reman engine
under the hood..

Rich, smich. I don't care how good that damn Volt is, 41 grand is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 229