Showing results 1 to 25 of 178
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: miker
Forum: Mazda November 18th 08, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 40
Posted By miker
Saddest day of the year....

<< Kula Lodge,

> I just called and they do have openings on my birthday while I will be
> there. You weren't kidding, what a fantastic dining area! The place just
> looks great overall.

Yeah, I...
Forum: Mazda November 18th 08, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 40
Posted By miker
Saddest day of the year....

> On another note, are there any fun roads in Hawaii? Does anyone know of
> a company that rents Miatas there?

The road up Haleakala (sp?) is great, but traffic can be heavy and there's
loads of...
Forum: Mazda November 17th 08, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 40
Posted By miker
Saddest day of the year....

> and the "loop" through Copper Point, Eagle Harbor and Eagle
> River, Upper Michigan to be not only more fun, but more scenic as well.
> The drive in Michigan is a real roller coaster and some with...
Forum: Mazda November 3rd 08, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 40
Posted By miker
Saddest day of the year....

Last Thursday was one of the best of the year, for me (Minneapolis). Spent
it driving around the alphabet roads in SW Wisconsin with the top down,
perfect weather. And off in the wilds of either...
Forum: Mazda October 25th 08, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 33
Posted By miker
Convertible Top Cover (Boot)

Never use it. My top isn't down all that often, given our Minneapolis
weather and that I don't like hot sun.

miker
Forum: Mazda October 14th 08, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By miker
O2 sensor in muffler?

> According to Rod's Enthusiast's Shop Manual, there is an oxygen sensor
> before and after the catalytic converter (a total of two sensors) for the
NA
> referred to as the front and rear. But later...
Forum: Mazda October 14th 08, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By miker
O2 sensor in muffler?

> > I thought the O2 sensor was by the outlet of the header. Are there more
> > south of the catalytic? Does my '96 have 2 down there?

> I only remember one on my previous 1996 model, pretty sure on...
Forum: Mazda October 14th 08, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By miker
O2 sensor in muffler?

I'm looking at the Cobalt cat-back system from Moss for my '96. On the same
page they also list a "bung plug" because the system comes with "2 holes,
and 90-95 only needs one".

I thought the O2...
Forum: Mazda September 3rd 08, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 1
Posted By miker
Cat rattle: wrapup

As you may recall, I had a horrendous rattle in my '96 exhaust system and,
based on the stainless-steelness of the existing Flying Miata catback and a
little judicious malleting, decided the cat was...
Forum: Mazda August 22nd 08, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 12
Posted By miker
Cat rattle - replacement ideas?

> In clear? You actually published this _in clear_? Did you think I was
> not monitoring this channel? Your imprudence matches your impudence,
> Urqfb!
>
> Laugh now, but in thirty-two phases, who...
Forum: Mazda August 22nd 08, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

lailaigogo <1> wrote in message ...

> Paintings, prints and two Sinitic porcelain figures of the Immortals
> were also for selling.Asiatic porcelain and Canton...
Forum: Mazda August 20th 08, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 8
Posted By miker
No Miata yet....

> Years back on the BMW list there was an Englishman who lived is SE
> Asia. He wrote about triangular yellow cautions signs with pictures
> elephants and mentioned just how slippery the road could...
Forum: Mazda August 20th 08, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 8
Posted By miker
No Miata yet....

> I've made many trips up there on the bike and of all the people riding
> along we only had one crash. It was gravel that got him, of course.

I just got back from a trip to SW Wisconsin, there are...
Forum: Mazda August 19th 08, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 62
Posted By miker
Who's here?

> > No... I was looking for touch-up paint the other day and found that they
> > came in both "Brilliant Black" (code PX) and "Brilliant Black Clearcoat"
> > (code PZ).
>
> PZ which is also what is...
Forum: Mazda August 18th 08, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 62
Posted By miker
Who's here?

> > Mere "Brilliant Black", or "Brilliant Black Clearcoat"?
> >
> Are you asking if it has been resprayed?

No... I was looking for touch-up paint the other day and found that they
came in both...
Forum: Mazda August 15th 08, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 12
Posted By miker
Cat rattle - progress made

My local dealer quoted me $536 for a new cat. <thud>

www.finishlineperformance.com had an oem cat for $140, but only for 90-93. I
spoke with Tommy who, as described, knows his stuff. He said Mazda...
Forum: Mazda August 15th 08, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 62
Posted By miker
Who's here?

Ken Lyons > wrote in message
> Maybe it is the outstanding Brilliant Black color, not the wussy,
> *allegedly* faster, boring...
Forum: Mazda August 13th 08, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 12
Posted By miker
Cat rattle - replacement ideas?

> or www.finishlineperformance.com (miata-engine-exhaust) for the oem mazda

Ok, an update.

That vendor has a cat that looks just like the one on my 96, but it says for
90-93. (The other cat...
Forum: Mazda August 12th 08, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 12
Posted By miker
Cat rattle - replacement ideas?

> Are you sure it's not just the heatshield burning through and coming
> loose? You can strap it up with some wire (not plastic coated!) to keep
> it quiet. Heatshield rattle is normally at...
Forum: Mazda August 11th 08, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 12
Posted By miker
Cat rattle - replacement ideas?

My '96 has a horrendous exhaust rattle - I did the rubber mallet thing and
it seems to be coming from the cat, the front resonator, or both... hard to
tell. The PO put a Flying Miata system on, I...
Forum: Mazda July 30th 08, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 62
Posted By miker
Who's here?

> the International Criminal
> Court in the Hague. I didn't realize it was a city called 'the Hague',

They should have Henry Winkler as a judge.

> > 91B Crystal White Miata

Now there's a color...
Forum: Mazda June 11th 08, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 14
Posted By miker
Any experience with hail damage repair?

My dad told me a good hail story today.

There's a guy across the street from him that has a bunch of old Lincoln
Continentals. When our hailstorm arrived a couple weeks back it caught him
with one...
Forum: Mazda May 12th 08, 12:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 11
Posted By miker
Pads/rotors

> That was exactly what I was getting at. I think a piston/pad spreader (an
"X" of
> aluminum, about nine inches long, with a hand-turned bolt for spreading)
may be
> the most worthwhile single...
Forum: Mazda May 9th 08, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 11
Posted By miker
Pads/rotors

> Maybe, maybe not. Rotors that are scored can be turned but only until
> a minimum thickness is reached. If you haven't the tools/knowledge to
> do it yourself get a second opinion, it might save...
Forum: Mazda May 8th 08, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 11
Posted By miker
Pads/rotors

I was just in getting an oil change and the dealer told me I needed new
front pads and rotors. (96 Miata with 70k miles on it, street use only)

Now I've had no noise, squealing, fading, pulling, any...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 178