Showing results 1 to 25 of 71
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bruno
Forum: Mazda May 1st 08, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 12
Posted By Bruno
CW values for the NC

I've been reading an article on cars and their CW values and what it
means for efficiency. The article is in German but I thought the figures
given for the MX-5 may be interesting so here it...
Forum: Mazda April 7th 08, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By Bruno
The beginning of the end :-/

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/04/07/europe/EU-GEN-Germany-Autobahn-Speed-Limit.php

Still in a country where the greatest race track on the planet* is a
public one way road there is still much...
Forum: Mazda February 20th 08, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 1
Posted By Bruno
Torque wrench - which one to buy?

I'm looking for a good 1/2" torque wrench and so far I have only some
really cheap rubbish ones and some really expensive ones (like a Bahco
costing like 300+ US!).

I wonder if it will even make...
Forum: Mazda February 4th 08, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 11
Posted By Bruno
H6024??

pws wrote:

> You mention the 3 worst letters than can be strung together in English,
> then go on to speak of the worst day of the year.
>
> Shame on you. ;-)

LOL - you guys do not know how...
Forum: Mazda January 9th 08, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 22
Posted By Bruno
A little long before firing up - family trademark or is my cara little sick?

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Joaquin, Thanks for the info. I hadn't seen that. What do you think Bruno?

My VIN is higher than the number list or to be more precise some letters
are later in the...
Forum: Mazda January 3rd 08, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Bruno wrote:

> Worth trying for sure. I shall report back if it makes a difference.

No difference I can notice. To bad.

Kind regards
Bruno
Forum: Mazda January 3rd 08, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Chuck wrote:
> Some of the 99's had a problem with the pressure relief valve/regulator in
> the tank leaking down. Unfortunately, the factory leakdown test only
> detected gross leak down problems,...
Forum: Mazda January 1st 08, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Chuck wrote:
> It may help to turn the key to on for a few moments before you turn it to
> the start position. Turning to the start position without pressing on the
> clutch (assuming the clutch...
Forum: Mazda December 29th 07, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

XS11E wrote:

> I don't know if it's important. I was thinking if it started right up
> after running awhile but took a long time after sitting overnight a
> leaky valve in the fuel pump might...
Forum: Mazda December 29th 07, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Mal Osborne wrote:

> Probably not a bad thing. Gives the oil pump time to prime before any
> significant load is placed on bearing surfaces.

Makes sense I guess. Still it does not sound...
Forum: Mazda December 29th 07, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

XS11E wrote:

> Does it matter how long the car has been sitting or is it the same
> every time you start it?

It does seem like the firing up takes longer if the car has been parked
a few...
Forum: Mazda December 28th 07, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 21
Posted By Bruno
A new way to spot Miata owners

Lanny Chambers wrote:
> In article >,
> "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:
>
>> I love wikipedia. Very informative.
>
> The only problem is it's...
Forum: Mazda December 28th 07, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 22
Posted By Bruno
A little long before firing up - family trademark or is my car alittle sick?

I find that when starting my 1999 NB 1.8 it takes about a second before
the engine fires up. Or to put in different words it takes just slightly
long enough for me to notice and think "Huh!".

This...
Forum: Mazda December 23rd 07, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

jim wrote:

> I don't see a Miata in the Google Earth shot, I hope it is not under
> the large truck that tipped over!

No Miata under the truck (fortunately).

The truck was mostly meant as a...
Forum: Mazda December 18th 07, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 21
Posted By Bruno
A new way to spot Miata owners

It's amazing what you can do with Google Earth:

56°10'57.19"N, 10°11'48.55"E

Time to play "Spot the Miata"

Kind regards
Bruno
Forum: Mazda November 18th 07, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 209
Posted By Bruno
Where are you and your Miata?

abyss wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
>
> The November 26, 2007 edition of TIME magazine has an interesting
> article on "Denmark's Difference: High taxes, a welfare state, strong
> unions, how an unlikely...
Forum: Mazda November 17th 07, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 209
Posted By Bruno
Where are you and your Miata?

XS11E wrote:

> I do have Google Earth and the detail is amazing, I can see that spot
> of seagull poop on the front seat... sure looks fresh... <G>

:-) The other day I got stuck in traffic...
Forum: Mazda November 17th 07, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 209
Posted By Bruno
Where are you and your Miata?

Iva wrote:

> Pretty country! That's another one on my list to visit.

Thank you very much. I'm yet to meet anyone from the US not enjoying a
visit over here so I think I can promise you will...
Forum: Mazda November 17th 07, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 209
Posted By Bruno
Where are you and your Miata?

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Scary to think if the dollar still had any value, eh? Thanks for jumping in
> Bruno, I couldn't remember what country you were in. I will google your
> exact location!...
Forum: Mazda November 16th 07, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 209
Posted By Bruno
Where are you and your Miata?

Richard Phillips wrote:

> The way things are heading (sadly, IMO), it might be Wales, England,
> Scotland and Ireland in a few years! Not sure if that will make things any
> simpler for you...
Forum: Mazda November 16th 07, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 209
Posted By Bruno
Where are you and your Miata?

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Well, Pat (PWS) has mentioned a couple of times that only a small handful of
> folks hang out on this group these days. While I'm not usually inclined to
> try to prove him...
Forum: Mazda November 11th 07, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 8
Posted By Bruno
Saddest day of the year...

Updated needed!

It's a bloody snow storm outside - It ain't a weather for man nor Beast!

I have had it with this global warming thing. We have had the warmest,
wettest summer with a record low in...
Forum: Mazda November 11th 07, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 8
Posted By Bruno
Saddest day of the year...

pltrgyst wrote:
> It is truly the saddest day of the year -- the hardtop went on a few minutes
> ago. 8;(

Mine is not on yet but since I had to remove ice from the windshield
this "morning" (11...
Forum: Mazda September 26th 07, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 21
Posted By Bruno
Where should worn tires go, fornt or back?

John McGaw wrote:

> I think the correct answer is that worn tires should on the truck that
> is hauling them to the recycling facility. Does that count as being "on
> the back"? If tires are so...
Forum: Mazda August 28th 07, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 8
Posted By Bruno
Shocks

Frank Berger wrote:
> My '96 is in for service at the Miata dealer at around 100K miles. Original
> shocks. Asked them to inspect them and advise. Answer was they're not
> leaking and don't need...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 71