Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rusty Shackelford[_2_]
Forum: VW air cooled September 24th 10, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 7
Air cooling question.

Unless you want to make a *lot* more than stock horsepower the VW engine
is not terribly thermally limited, at least not the later models with
the doghouse oil coolers.

Also, don't forget that...
Forum: VW air cooled November 30th 09, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 27
O/T great lunch today

wrote:
>> So what does a guy like you have for lunch the day after Thanksgiving?
>> Leftover Meth?
>

> Of coarse theres only one thing when your in a Rolls Poyce
Forum: VW air cooled November 28th 09, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 27
O/T great lunch today

wrote:
> I was expecting to come home to day for great leftovers but was taken
> out to lunch in style. http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2523676340101866121yLPatB
> its right...
Forum: VW air cooled November 25th 09, 06:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 23
BugMe videos?

wrote:
> On Nov 22, 7:03 pm, Rusty Shackelford > wrote:
>> I didn't realize that you had departed the VW scene, though I did notice
>> that I hadn't seen you around...
Forum: VW air cooled November 23rd 09, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 23
BugMe videos?

I didn't realize that you had departed the VW scene, though I did notice
that I hadn't seen you around for a while. That's a shame, you were an
asset to the community and hobby. In any case, I...
Forum: VW air cooled November 21st 09, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 23
BugMe videos?

Dave,

Since you know Rick why don't you ask him if he plans to release any new
volumes anytime soon? If he's taking votes on which volumes to do first
I say Volume 15 (Transmission Rebuild) and...
Forum: VW air cooled November 19th 09, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 54
O/TMight as well say this will get something going. or seperationof VW (Bors voice)

wrote:
> just like puppets
>
> The car was taken to the dealer and had an estimate of $4000 to fix
> and I knew the customer was not able to pay this.
>
> The customer thanked me...
Forum: VW air cooled November 19th 09, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> > wrote in message
> >
>> I have a newer Jetta at the shop that do to electrical...
Forum: VW air cooled November 19th 09, 06:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 23
BugMe videos?

Dangermouse wrote:
> Really, and I mean REALLY, dissappointing to hear that the remaining
> volumes might not now be produced. I've been hanging out for them as
> each and every one of the others...
Forum: VW air cooled November 19th 09, 06:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 23
BugMe videos?

wrote:

> Whoever you are, SHAME ON YOU. Rick Higgins and family are part of the
> cure, and you are part of the damned problem.
> There's more I would like to say to the RIPOFFS...
Forum: VW air cooled November 12th 09, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 23
BugMe videos?

wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 07:04:19 GMT, Rusty Shackelford >
> wrote:
>
>> BTW, here are the at one time planned but never produced five addition
>> volumes...
Forum: VW air cooled November 10th 09, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 23
BugMe videos?

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Rusty Shackelford" > wrote in message
>

>> Sometimes VW owners are our own worst enemies. We can be so cheap...
Forum: VW air cooled November 10th 09, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 23
BugMe videos?

BTW, here are the at one time planned but never produced five addition
volumes of the BugMe Video Series:

Volume 11 - Suspension (rebuild and lowering)

Volume 12 - Convertible top

Volume 13 -...
Forum: VW air cooled November 10th 09, 07:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 23
BugMe videos?

OldIron wrote:
> Hello there
>
> I have the Bug Me series on how to repair your VW Beetle on VHS.
> I've found all but one in .avi form on-line, and was curious if anyone
> had that one in .avi...
Forum: VW air cooled November 9th 09, 07:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 10
VWoA shines again :)

Jan Andersson wrote:
> P.J.Berg wrote:
>> On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 01:41:06 +0100, Jan Andersson
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Bill wrote:
Forum: VW air cooled November 8th 09, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 57
Pasture finds

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Rusty Shackelford" > wrote in message
> >
>> Look at the way he tries to weasel out in front of that reporter by...
Forum: VW air cooled November 6th 09, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 57
Pasture finds

Joey Tribiani wrote:

> he's not worth it, and he knows it, that's why he lets his fingets type
> things that his mouth would never deliver in person.... I'll see marichode
> at some point,...
Forum: VW air cooled November 5th 09, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 8
Diagnostic problem

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Tony W" > wrote in message
>

> >. Any suggestions?
>> Tony
>
> Tony, welcome back. check to see...
Forum: VW air cooled November 2nd 09, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 57
Pasture finds

John Stafford wrote:
> In article <31GHm.118550$la3.10617@attbi_s22>,
> Rusty Shackelford > wrote:
>
>> [...] It seriously looks like
>> the dude has some hose sprayer that sprays...
Forum: VW air cooled November 2nd 09, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 57
Pasture finds

Joey Tribiani wrote:

> in excess of 9,000 dollars.... here is a video taken shortly after the car
> was removed from his shop.... before the post mortem was performed.... this
> is "as...
Forum: VW air cooled November 2nd 09, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 57
Pasture finds

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> Or at least do some work on your
>> cars instead of...
Forum: VW air cooled November 2nd 09, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 57
Pasture finds

wrote:
> On Nov 1, 7:57�pm, " > wrote:
>> You guys really need to get a life, �Or at least do some work on your
>> cars instead of bitching...
Forum: VW air cooled November 1st 09, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 57
Pasture finds

Trey wrote:
> Oh nice. Check out this sweet welding...
>
> http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2884267410101866121QEXibG

What are you talking about? That's the finest welding that grade A...
Forum: VW air cooled October 29th 09, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 21
What weight oil for cooler temperatures?

P.J.Berg wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 06:01:53 +0100, Joey Tribiani > wrote:
>

>> "P.J.Berg" > wrote in message
Forum: VW air cooled October 27th 09, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 21
What weight oil for cooler temperatures?

Incidentally, making 3 mile trips under 35mph on the weekends in a Bug
in cool weather is a sure way to build up moisture in the crankcase no
matter what type of oil you use. One of the products...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28