Showing results 1 to 25 of 180
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andrew MacPherson
Forum: Simulators September 20th 08, 12:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 2
Posted By Andrew MacPherson
In all fairness...

no@email (Remco Moedt) wrote:

> The whole race no incident,
> and constantly about 5 cars in view.

Excellent. I've said before that any kind of vehicle -- even that darned
Solstice! -- will be fun...
Forum: Simulators September 18th 08, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 12
Posted By Andrew MacPherson
New contest: enter here

no@email (Remco Moedt) wrote:

> I understand why they've implemented the SR system, but it's
> overdone IMO.

I think the SR system is perfect for its intended use... the training of
serious...
Forum: Simulators September 17th 08, 10:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 12

no@email (Remco Moedt) wrote:

> But they forgot the fun part...

Fun is for gamers. iRacing is for grownups! And a handful of bored
profession racers who fancy a laugh at the wannabes. ;-)

I...
Forum: Simulators September 17th 08, 10:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 29
Posted By Andrew MacPherson
Day 28 in the Big iRacing house <-- warning, long and about iRacing

(hoover) wrote:

> we're starting a new season in mid-October based on rF

I honestly can't drive rF any more. There isn't a vehicle in which I
really feel attached to the...
Forum: Simulators September 17th 08, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 30
Posted By Andrew MacPherson
GTR Evo Arrived...

(Grunty) wrote:

> **** you, pussy.

Waiter, there's a fly in my soup!

Andrew McP

(Grunty) wrote:

> Guess the correct date that iRacing will go under

The neverty first of never, two thousand and never. I will, however, put
money on the service being...
Forum: Simulators September 15th 08, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 30

(Larry) wrote:

> Man, RAS sure has gone to hell in a handbasket :(

I prefer to think of it as the Campbell's soup of the internet... all the
flavour condensed into a small tin. And...
Forum: Simulators September 14th 08, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 29

(jeffareid) wrote:

> How long ago did I mention 3 years?

I'm sure that long before that they'll have had to radically re-shape, or
diversify the service on offer. Either that...
Forum: Simulators September 14th 08, 07:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 29

no@email (Remco Moedt) wrote:

> It made me cancel my subscription....

It's people like you that are destroying iRacing!!!!!

Oh, hang on... and me. :-)

Part of the reason I still struggle with the...
Forum: Simulators September 13th 08, 10:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 29

no@email (Remco Moedt) wrote:

> Well, they're adding the Lotus 79, which is nice.... :-)

Apart from worrying that it's another factor diluting the driver pool, I
also wonder how different it will...
Forum: Simulators September 13th 08, 06:58 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 29

(Goy Larsen) wrote:

> Alcohol free lager is for people who don't want to get drunk but
> enjoy peeing....

:-) Of course! It all makes sense now.

Andrew McP
Forum: Simulators September 12th 08, 07:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 29

(JohnW) wrote:

> it is most certainly not the alcohol-free, what's-the-point-lager
> that the Solstice is

But lots of people love their alcohol-free lager. The forums are...

(Goy Larsen) wrote:

> Good to see there's still some familiar faces around here, I'm
> still convinced this web based forum thing is a passing fad....

We can all dream! :-)

I'm...
Forum: Simulators September 9th 08, 11:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 15
Posted By Andrew MacPherson
Purchasing GTR Evolution through Steam from NZ

(Flat Earth Society) wrote:

> The method I posted is very quick though.

I thought that might work, and it's nice to know it does.

Andrew McP
Forum: Simulators September 9th 08, 08:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 15

(John Doe) wrote:

> If I go online and look up to
> Steam, will I need a cd key or anything?

All you ever need with Steam is your user name and password. Then you can
set...
Forum: Simulators September 9th 08, 08:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 29
Posted By Andrew MacPherson
Things *not* to do on the day before pay day. (multiple screen

(Tony R) wrote:

> To add to your option list, SLI multi monitor support from nVidia:

Er... cheers Tony. Just what I needed, another option! ;-)

Andrew McP
Forum: Simulators September 8th 08, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 29

(Andrew MacPherson) wrote:

> I'll certainly investigate further. You sound as fussy as me when it
> comes to screen flicker, so I may be missing a trick.

Making...
Forum: Simulators September 7th 08, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 29

(Tony R) wrote:

> Might be worth trying with vsync if you aren't already.

I'll certainly investigate further. You sound as fussy as me when it
comes to screen...
Forum: Simulators September 6th 08, 09:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 29

(Tim Wheatley) wrote:

> If it helps, I am using a Geforce 7900 PCI-E and 5600 AGP and get
> decent framerates with iR. I was very surprised.

I think it helps that the second...
Forum: Simulators September 5th 08, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 29

(Tim Wheatley) wrote:

> Being able to set each screen independantly is a huge bonus.

Yes, the only thing stopping me trying that was the lack of a second vid
card slot. I do...
Forum: Simulators September 4th 08, 10:09 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4
Posted By Andrew MacPherson
Crashing issues with online racing?

dfg.myass@aol (David Fisher's Left Testicle) wrote:

> They even have them in iRacing.

I think it's more subtle in iRacing. The aggressive drivers know that the
average iRacer is a Decent Human...
Forum: Simulators September 4th 08, 07:24 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 4

(John Doe) wrote:

> Or is it that some players are just clumsy?

Some of it is lag, with inaccurate predictions made due to wayward
packets. But a lot of it is human error...
Forum: Simulators September 4th 08, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 29

(Tony R) wrote:

> I am using a TH2go now also with one LCD and 2 CRTs but I don't
> notice the 60Hz issue.

Interesting. Obviously it's early days for me, and...
Forum: Simulators September 3rd 08, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 29

(pjgtech) wrote:

> Anyway, they had the main GPL in car view on the centre screen, and
> they had some small program apparently which allowed the side views
> to be permanently...
Forum: Simulators September 3rd 08, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.simulators
Replies: 29
Posted By Andrew MacPherson
[Hardware] Things *not* to do on the day before pay day...

After some more detailed testing of the Matrox Triplehead I'm finding a
disadvantage over the 2 screen experiment. With the latter the Nvidia
drivers allowed me to run my 19" CRT @ 1280x1024x85Hz,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 180