Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ron Stewart
Forum: Corvette December 14th 12, 10:04 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 11
Posted By Ron Stewart
Loose rearview mirror on C6

That should be 5/64" not 7/64".
Ron
"Ron Stewart" > wrote in message
> Good news!
> I drove out to the shop that installed...
Forum: Corvette December 14th 12, 09:59 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 11
Posted By Ron Stewart
Loose rearview mirror on C6

Good news!
I drove out to the shop that installed the windshield and showed him the
loose mirror. He took it off the windshield, took into his shop and took it
apart, took out the bent pins and...
Forum: Corvette December 13th 12, 07:51 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 11
Posted By Ron Stewart
Loose rearview mirror on C6

I just had the windshield replaced on my 2005 C6 and now the mirror is loose
and and wobbles up and down going over even small bumps. The guy that did
the work did a beautiful job on the...
Forum: Corvette December 2nd 10, 08:42 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
Posted By Ron Stewart
C5 Replacement Tires

I replaced the Eagles on my 2005 C6 two months ago with Michelin PS2 ZP
tires and I couldn't be happier. They are much, much quieter than the
original tires. They are described as ultra high...
Forum: Corvette December 6th 08, 08:04 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 12
Posted By Ron Stewart
Bailout Comment on a Corvette Forum

My 1976 Honda had to have the seat upholstery replaced 3 times because it
simply rotted away. Honda replaced it on an extended warranty each time with
the identical material!! I traded it in on a...
Forum: Corvette May 20th 08, 06:46 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 72
Posted By Ron Stewart
Don't believe Corvette owners lies about supposed fuel economy

During the 3 years I've had the C6 it has gone 9000 miles while the Olds has
only gone 2000 miles. My wife doesn't drive anymore, so it looks pretty
obvious which one I LOVE to drive!

--
Ron...
Forum: Corvette May 17th 08, 07:17 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 72
Posted By Ron Stewart
Don't believe Corvette owners lies about supposed fuel economy

My 2005 C6 coupe automatic has consistently averaged 15.6 mpg over a 3 year
period for a total of 9000 miles, 99% shopping and misc. trips. My 2001 Olds
Aurora v8 gets 15.3 for the same kind of...
Forum: Corvette January 19th 08, 08:43 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 4
Posted By Ron Stewart
Cleaning ebony vinyl surfaces?

What is the best thing to use to clean or restore the black(ebony)
surfaces(doors and dash) on my 2005 C6? The manual says to use mild soap and
water and not to use anything with silicone. After...
Forum: Corvette October 17th 06, 07:37 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 9
Posted By Ron Stewart
Update on my rear end noises, 2005 C-6

Frank,
The fluids they put in my C-6 are exactly the same as the ones that were
supposed to be there when the car was built. Why they might have to be
changed so soon(4500 miles) is a mystery....
Forum: Corvette October 17th 06, 07:32 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 9
Posted By Ron Stewart
Update on my rear end noises, 2005 C-6

Dad,
My 2005 C-6 was making these chatter/shutter noises everytime I pulled into
or out of a parking place. They were getting louder and more frequent as
time went on. I drive mine almost every day...
Forum: Corvette October 13th 06, 10:06 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 9
Posted By Ron Stewart
Update on my rear end noises, 2005 C-6

I posted about noises from the rear end of my C-6 coupe. I finally took it
to the dealer and took the tech for a ride around and around in the parking
lot. He could hear the noise but wasn't...
Forum: Corvette October 1st 06, 05:18 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 6
Posted By Ron Stewart
C6 and noises from the rear end?

Dad,
I went out this afternoon and drove around and around in a circle in the
empty parking lot where I used to work. I could feel a vibration or shudder
and I heard something like a chatter or...
Forum: Corvette September 30th 06, 07:22 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 6
Posted By Ron Stewart
C6 and noises from the rear end?

Dad,
Thanks for your reply. I'm going up to the dealer again next week and have
their tech go for a ride around their lot with me and see what he says. If
they have a 2005 on the lot I'll drive it...
Forum: Corvette September 28th 06, 07:22 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 6
Posted By Ron Stewart
C6 and noises from the rear end?

I think this has been answered before but I need some reassurance. Please!
My 2005 C6 coupe(automatic) makes alot of grumbling, rumbling, and clunking
noises when making slow, sharp turns like in a...
Forum: Corvette July 17th 06, 11:57 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 9
Posted By Ron Stewart
05 06

Both recalls were for the roof. I ignored the first one but decided I had
better get it checked.

--
Ron Stewart
Santa Rosa, Calif.
"Dad" > wrote in message...
Forum: Corvette July 17th 06, 09:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 9
Posted By Ron Stewart
05 06

I took my 2005 C6 into the dealer last week because of 2 recall notices from
GM. They inspected the top and found nothing obviously wrong but the factory
recommended injecting the foam adhesive...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16