Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 1.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Unquestionably Confused
Forum: Technology October 19th 14, 01:51 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
What is Mr. Cheater's first name?

On 10/19/2014 6:42 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
> On 10/18/2014 5:50 PM, micky wrote:
>> What is Mr. Cheater's first name?
>>
>> I wanted to read up about him, but can't find Mr. Cheater online. ...
Forum: Technology July 15th 14, 12:41 PM Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.tech,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
Replies: 100
How long does it take a truck to stop & is it criminal if hedoesn't?

On 7/14/2014 11:27 PM, Steve W. wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Forum: Technology July 12th 14, 01:30 AM Posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.tech,misc.legal,alt.home.repair

On 7/11/2014 3:48 PM, Retired wrote:
> On 7/11/14, 4:25 PM, deadrat wrote:
>> On 7/11/14 2:33 PM, Ann Marie Brest wrote:
>>> What distance does a sand truck take to slow down on a 6% grade?
>>
>> d =...
Forum: Corvette January 12th 14, 05:16 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 26
Trickle Charging a C7 battery

On 1/11/2014 9:38 PM, Rufus wrote:
> Smarty wrote:
Forum: Corvette January 11th 14, 11:25 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 26
Trickle Charging a C7 battery

On 1/11/2014 1:34 PM, Rufus wrote:
> ...I can only wonder if that one is really any different from this one -
>
> <http://www.corvettemods.com/Corvette-C6-GM-Battery-TenderCharger_p_5518.html>

Forum: Corvette December 31st 13, 06:09 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette

On 12/30/2013 3:56 PM, Smarty wrote:
> Having owned C5 and C6 convertibles which have been stored for the
> winter, I have become accustomed to using a trickle charger directly
> connected to the...
Forum: Technology May 15th 13, 12:38 PM Posted to alt.mechanical.engineering,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 145
The Blitz gasoline can - what went wrong - what needs to be fixed

On 5/14/2013 10:46 PM, jim beam wrote:
> bottom line, these things need to be re-thought. preferably by someone
> with a car.

Or a freakin' brain!

Neither my wife nor I are klutzes but I'll...
Forum: Corvette March 20th 13, 04:24 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 1
car fax and condition request

On 3/19/2013 7:05 PM, ralphee wrote:
> I looked at an 04 stored outside car.. 17k miles. sucked. seats were shot. engine corrosion, rotors rusty etc. I walked.
>
> today I found a beutiful red (the...
Forum: Corvette March 7th 13, 03:37 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 10
trickle charger recommendations

On 3/6/2013 2:02 PM, Rufus wrote:

> One more neat trick that I do with these on my Harleys is to install the
> quick disconnect lead for the charger and throw the clamp-on leads in my
> saddle...
Forum: Corvette December 14th 12, 10:56 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 11
Loose rearview mirror on C6

On 12/14/2012 2:59 PM, Ron Stewart wrote:
> Good news!
> I drove out to the shop that installed the windshield and showed him the
> loose mirror. He took it off the windshield, took into his shop and...
Forum: Corvette December 14th 12, 01:35 AM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 11
Loose rearview mirror on C6

Dad,

Are you reading something more into Ron's post? From his description of
the problem I take that he's talking about the REAR view mirror mounted
to the windshield, rather than the side view...
Forum: Corvette April 20th 12, 02:07 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 9
Starting Issue with 2001 C5

On 4/20/2012 7:40 AM, aRKay wrote:

> I just check the codes and got one that may mean something
>
> 40-BCM B0432H
>
> and
> 99-HVAC- BO348 and V1000H
>
> What does 40-BCM BO432H mean???
Forum: Corvette April 20th 12, 02:00 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 9
Starting Issue with 2001 C5

On 4/20/2012 7:40 AM, aRKay wrote:

> How do you reset the computer that controls the starting sequence?
>
> I just check the codes and got one that may mean something
>
> 40-BCM B0432H
>
> and
Forum: Corvette December 1st 11, 04:25 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 21
Passenger side door lock on C5-doesn't always work

On 11/30/2011 11:18 AM, Dad wrote:

> "uncle_vito" > wrote in message
>> I own a 64 C2 which I love. I would like...
Forum: Corvette December 26th 07, 10:16 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 5
GM "TORX" screws for headlights

Vern wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just ready to replace my first headlight on my C4.
>
> According to the manual I have to remove these apecial screws.
>
> Is that suppoded to come with my tools ?
>
> I...
Forum: Chrysler September 30th 07, 05:29 AM Posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 41
Automotive ennui

Chevy Man wrote:
> Great on flat ground but how would it do in the mountains?

It would run on 6 cylinders, what else? I gave you a figure of ~ 26.5
for MIXED driving. That was Phoenix,...
Forum: Chrysler September 29th 07, 03:50 AM Posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 41
Automotive ennui

Chevy Man wrote:
> Went to buy a new chevy avalanche. Found out they had a motor that cuts off
> 4 cylinders at highway speeds. After remembering the cadillac 4-6-8 engine.
> I decided against a...
Forum: Corvette September 25th 07, 05:33 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 15
ON TOPIC : When do you put your Corvette away for the winter?

Dad, wrote the following at or about 9/25/2007 9:44 AM:

> That leaves hot and fire, sounds like dave's worst nightmare.
>
> We broke a record here yesterday of 91 degrees from 1891, global...
Forum: Technology August 21st 07, 02:44 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda,alt.electronics
Replies: 54
OK, ladies and gentlemen, put on your Thinking Caps...

Hachiroku ハチ*ク wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 16:59:43 -0700, Michael Pardee wrote:
>>>
>> But don't make the mistake of bringing a baseball bat to a gunfight.
>
> Oh, yeah! I know that!

Forum: Technology August 18th 07, 09:23 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda,alt.electronics

witfal wrote:
> On 2007-08-18 09:38:41 -0700, Grumpy AuContraire
> > said:
>> Our family had Dobermans for years and they are easily bribed by food
>> (as is just about...
Forum: Honda August 8th 07, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 5
Damaged my own car part 2. With pics

Larry in AZ, wrote the following at or about 8/8/2007 1:30 AM:
> Waiving the right to remain silent, Arint > said:
>
>> I have a 2005 Accord Ex and I was in DC and after parking...
Forum: Honda July 12th 07, 08:41 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 6
How does this sound?

, wrote the following at or about 7/12/2007
2:12 PM:
> The dealer told me they would need to flush the break, transmissions,
> and other fluids, and also replace a bunch of...
Forum: Corvette July 9th 07, 06:13 PM Posted to alt.autos.corvette
Replies: 26
will this fit in the back of a C6??

Bob G., wrote the following at or about 7/9/2007 10:42 AM:

> IF I took a toothbrush one pair of shoes, and a set of cloths for 2
> days (and some quarters for a daily trip to the Laundrymat) I...
Forum: Honda June 30th 07, 02:40 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 46
Comment on car insurance

al wrote:
> My experience with AARP Hartford has been pretty good also. I insure
> two sedans and the truck, all without collision, for under $800/yr.
> Some 7 or 8 years ago I backed into somebody...
Forum: Honda June 30th 07, 05:24 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 46
Comment on car insurance

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

> Have you compared this with Hartford, including their programs for Credit
> Union or other group membership?

The coverage IS with the Hartford but if you mean their regular...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 43