Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.84 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve W.[_4_]
Forum: Technology January 11th 12, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 62
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
AWD car needs a new tire; Replace one or all 4

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> AD > wrote:
>> On Jan 10, 4:16=A0pm, "Hoof Hearted" > wrote:
>>> "AB" > wrote in .=
Forum: Technology January 11th 12, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.subaru

AD wrote:
> On Jan 11, 12:17 pm, bugalugs > wrote:

Forum: Technology January 10th 12, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

phaeton wrote:
> On 1/10/2012 1:29 AM, Steve W. wrote:
>

>> With AWD you replace all 4 at the same time.
>>
>> The "concept" is reality on an AWD vehicle.

Forum: Technology January 10th 12, 07:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

phaeton wrote:
> Went to Firestone today because I have a slow leak in one of my tires.
> The car is a 2002 Subaru Impreza TS with factory spec tires 195/60/R15.
> Turns out the slow leak was due...
Forum: Technology January 7th 12, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
toyota 22re questions

jim beam wrote:
> On 12/31/2011 05:22 PM, Steve W. wrote:
>>
>> Pull the air cleaner off.
>> Check and make sure the throttle opens all the way when you push the pedal.
>> Push the rubber boot off...
Forum: Technology January 5th 12, 02:30 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
drain on battery?

micky wrote:
> Since the weather has gotten cold, a dead batteriy every morning on my
> 2000 Toyota Solara V6.
>
> When the neg. battery cable is disconnected, an ammeter between the
> cable and...
Forum: Technology January 2nd 12, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
Bent Clutch Diaphram fingers, how does it happen?

phaeton wrote:
> A friend of mine's gf has a VW Jetta (fully manual transmission), I
> think an 05 or around that vintage. He goes to 'rescue' her because she
> can't shift out of 1st gear-...
Forum: Technology January 1st 12, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
toyota 22re questions

hls wrote:
> "Steve W." > wrote in message news:w%MLq.3619>
>> Caps may not even tell you. Toys can be interesting sometimes. One of the
>> ones I had in took different upper...
Forum: Technology January 1st 12, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
toyota 22re questions

jim beam wrote:
> On 12/31/2011 03:35 PM, Steve W. wrote:
>> jim beam wrote:[i]
Forum: Technology December 31st 11, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
toyota 22re questions

jim beam wrote:
> On 12/31/2011 10:16 AM, Steve W. wrote:
>> jim beam wrote:
>>> 1. for the connecting rod bearings, are the sizes [a, b, c, etc]
>>> marked anywhere on the motor other than the caps...
Forum: Technology December 31st 11, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
toyota 22re questions

jim beam wrote:
> 1. for the connecting rod bearings, are the sizes [a, b, c, etc] marked
> anywhere on the motor other than the caps themselves? is it possible to
> get this info without dropping...
Forum: Technology December 30th 11, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
4WD options on cherokees

N8N wrote:
> On Dec 30, 12:41 pm, "Steve W." > wrote:
>> N8N wrote:
Forum: Technology December 30th 11, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
4WD options on cherokees

N8N wrote:
> On Dec 30, 2:22 am, AD > wrote:

Forum: Technology December 30th 11, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
4WD options on cherokees

Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 12/29/2011 12:57 PM, Steve W. wrote:
>> N8N wrote:
Forum: Technology December 29th 11, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
Rear wheel bearing replacement.

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:
> Back in the Early 1980s I replaced front wheel bearings in a 1975
> Pinto Station Wagon and a 1977 Toyota Corolla (both rear wheel
> drive). In both cases I was able to...
Forum: Technology December 29th 11, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
4WD options on cherokees

N8N wrote:
> On Dec 29, 3:19 am, AD > wrote:
>> While on the subject of cherokees is there somewhere a writeup on 4x4
>> options for past and current
>> cherokees and grand...
Forum: Jeep December 28th 11, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
identifying a police package Cherokee?

N8N wrote:
> Am considering purchase of a '99 Cherokee 4-door, 4WD. Vehicle is in
> another state (owned by family member.) She believes that it is a
> police package vehicle and I would like to...
Forum: Technology December 23rd 11, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
1988 Caprice: Bypassing Horn Relay?

Josh wrote:
> OK, I took Steve's advice about removing the horn cover. Easy enough,
> just 2 screws with 5/16" bolt-type heads on the underside of the
> steering wheel.
>
> The plastic tabs with...
Forum: Technology December 17th 11, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

Josh wrote:
> My neighbor's horn is inoperative. The problem is inside the steering
> wheel. Rather than pay the several hundred bucks two different
> garages have quoted him to repair it, he's...
Forum: Technology December 10th 11, 07:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
Heater not working as well as previous years

phaeton wrote:
> 1999 Ranger 2.5L 2WD 5spd 182K black (except for the rust)
>
> It has been plenty cold lately, make no mistake. (It is 12F right now
> according to weather.com). The heat in my...
Forum: Technology December 9th 11, 07:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
Cost of Tire Rotation and Balancing

MLD wrote:
> "Steve W." > wrote in message
>> MLD wrote:
>>> I just paid $79.99 to have 4 wheels balanced (Avalon). I did see a...
Forum: Technology December 8th 11, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

MLD wrote:
> I just paid $79.99 to have 4 wheels balanced (Avalon). I did see a Dealer
> special a while ago (since expired) for a price of $69.99. Haven't done
> this in quite a while and recall it...
Forum: Technology November 29th 11, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
Fuel pump change by removing bed?

stryped wrote:
> I have a 1996 chevy step side. I may have to change the fuel pump.
> Someone said taking the bolts out of the bed and jacking it up is
> easier than removing the gas tank. Is this...
Forum: Technology November 23rd 11, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
connecting rod needle bearings? (small engine)

George wrote:
> Playing around with a junk lawnmower. The connecting rod has needle
> bearings at the crankshaft end. These are not in a cage - they're just
> floating on the crank journal, under a...
Forum: Technology November 21st 11, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve W.[_4_]
Familiarity with Rock Auto Parts? Big discrepancy in cost ofmotor mount.