Showing results 1 to 25 of 101
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mortimer
Forum: Driving June 24th 09, 12:43 AM Posted to ba.transportation,misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport
Replies: 4
Posted By Mortimer
Geotagged roads

"Don Freeman" > wrote in message
> Carl Rogers wrote:
>> Hi Viatologists,
>>

> I've had to go to Viatologists before, I hate...
Forum: General February 19th 09, 05:19 PM Posted to alt.autos.saab,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech,aus.cars,aus.transport
Replies: 402
Posted By Mortimer
Defensive driving ( return of the classic saab from C.1975-1992?)

"Just JT" > wrote in message

> What could I have done to prevent the rear ending? Nothing. That is why a
> thing...
Forum: Technology January 18th 09, 09:48 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Mortimer
Smart cars in this cold snap?

"ray" > wrote in message
> Calab wrote:
>>
>> I've always been curious how well the Smart cars would do in a nasty cold...
Forum: Technology January 16th 09, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Mortimer
* 1990 Olds Stalls/Bogs on acceleration * Update!!!

"Ecartman84" > wrote in message
> local pick a part and picked up another ecm for $25

Only $25? My car...
Forum: Technology January 13th 09, 09:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Mortimer
LED taillight question

"Nate Nagel" > wrote in message
> Tegger wrote:
>> N8N > wrote in
Forum: Technology December 30th 08, 11:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By Mortimer
So who is at fault for this accident

"A Muzi" > wrote in message
> [...]
Forum: Technology December 30th 08, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 57
Posted By Mortimer
Steam cars

"Vic Smith" > wrote in message
> Boiler safety takes a good amount of
> infrastructure and regulation to prevent it...
Forum: Technology December 29th 08, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"HLS" > wrote in message

> "m6onz5a" > wrote in message
>
>> If this is a 4...
Forum: Technology December 28th 08, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"hubcit" > wrote in message
> Where I live Saskatchewan Canada, a person must yield to the car on
> the...
Forum: Technology December 28th 08, 10:38 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"AJL" > wrote in message
>m > wrote:
>
>> It was a T intersection. My daughter was at the bottom of the...
Forum: Technology December 26th 08, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 51
Posted By Mortimer
Diesels available in the USA

"Nate Nagel" > wrote in message
> I'm just curious how I'd keep all my cars on the road if we had to conform
> to MoT inspection...
Forum: Technology December 24th 08, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"HLS" > wrote in message

> "Mortimer" > wrote in message
> What do US inspections
>> test, and do the...
Forum: Technology December 24th 08, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"HLS" > wrote in message

> "Mortimer" > wrote in message news:BLudne3wU73O-
>>
>> I regularly do 250 miles each...
Forum: Technology December 23rd 08, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"HLS" > wrote in message

> "Steve W." > wrote in message

Forum: Technology December 23rd 08, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 51
Posted By Mortimer
Diesels available in the USA

> wrote in message
> In Europe, they drive some nice little fuel efficient vehicles.

Yes, how does 50 mpg UK (40 mpg US)...
Forum: Technology December 23rd 08, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"HLS" > wrote in message

> "Mortimer" > wrote in message
>> I imagine the difference is due to the much lower...
Forum: Technology December 23rd 08, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"why, me" > wrote in message
> HLS wrote:
>>
>> "Mortimer" > wrote in message
>>> I imagine the difference is...
Forum: Technology December 23rd 08, 06:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"Don Bruder" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Paul Hovnanian P.E." > wrote:

Forum: Technology December 16th 08, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By Mortimer
Does brake fluid have a shelf life?

"Vic Smith" > wrote in message
>>I'd be far more likely to buy a used car from someone who told me that
>>they...
Forum: Technology December 15th 08, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"Vic Smith" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:55:57 -0500, "Steve W." >
Forum: Technology December 15th 08, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"N8N" > wrote in message
> I imagine the same is true of the power-steering fluid (if the car has
Forum: Technology December 15th 08, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"Vic Smith" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 21:15:11 -0500, Nate Nagel >
Forum: Technology December 14th 08, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

"metspitzer" > wrote in message
>I found some at a relative's house that may be 15 years old.
> It is...
Forum: Driving December 1st 08, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Mortimer
carrying fire extinguisher in car that you can't drill?

"Blank" > wrote in message
>I always tie mine to the inside of the trunk.
> I figure if its some one else thats on fire, i stop,...
Forum: Technology December 1st 08, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 26