Showing results 1 to 25 of 40
Search took 1.39 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: HiC
Forum: Technology November 25th 08, 02:38 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By HiC
Opinions on life expectancy and brands for Toyota Cressida fuelpump & wheel bearings?

To replace the bearings, am I gong to need any tools that I can't get
at Autozone, Advance, etc.?
Forum: Technology November 25th 08, 02:05 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By HiC
Opinions on life expectancy and brands for Toyota Cressida fuel pump& wheel bearings?

Have an '89 Cressida with 140K on it, AFAIK it's the original fuel
pump and wheel bearings. Thinking about a preventative replacement on
them.

The dealer wants $327 for the pump, AutoZone has 2...
Forum: Technology November 25th 08, 12:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 306
Posted By HiC
Best no BS motor oil & filter comparisons?

On Nov 24, 2:02*am, HiC > wrote:
> I see opinions of the "I swear by" type all over the map. Anyone know
> of a good site that shows the truth about which brand/type of oil &
Forum: Ford Mustang November 25th 08, 12:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 302

On Nov 24, 2:02*am, HiC > wrote:
> I see opinions of the "I swear by" type all over the map. Anyone know
> of a good site that shows the truth about which brand/type of oil &
Forum: Ford Mustang November 24th 08, 07:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 302
Posted By HiC
Best no BS motor oil/filter comparison?

I see opinions of the "I swear by" type all over the map. Anyone know
of a good site that shows the truth about which brand/type of oil &
filter performs the best? Thinking in the passenger car...
Forum: Technology November 24th 08, 07:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 306
Posted By HiC
Best no BS motor oil/filter comparison?

I see opinions of the "I swear by" type all over the map. Anyone know
of a good site that shows the truth about which brand/type of oil &
filter performs the best? Thinking in the passenger car...
Forum: Ford Mustang September 11th 08, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By HiC
Need assistance re-installing C-4 shift shaft & valve body

Both sets of pics are the same pieces from different angles. How are
the arm A and little nub B supposed to interact with the valve body?
Looking at the depressions in the machined piece on the valve...
Forum: Technology September 11th 08, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By HiC
Need assistance re-installing C-4 shift shaft & valve body

Both sets of pics are the same pieces from different angles. How are
the arm A and little nub B supposed to interact with the valve body?
Looking at the depressions in the machined piece on the valve...
Forum: Technology January 27th 08, 01:41 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota, rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By HiC
Possible cause of miss as '89 Supra warms up?

On Jan 26, 7:55*am, "Ph@Boy" > wrote:

> After you have done what Ray, Hachi, and myself have suggested and still
> are having problems, it may be a mechanical problem and do a...
Forum: Technology January 26th 08, 04:27 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota, rec.autos.tech

On Jan 25, 1:09*pm, "Ph@Boy" > wrote:

> Do you mean the miss is like it's running on one cylinder or affecting
> one cylinder?

The latter.

> It could be many things, but what...
Forum: Technology January 25th 08, 11:48 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota, rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By HiC
Possible cause of miss as '89 Supra warms up?

'89 Toyota Supra with a 7MGE with less than 5K since a rebuild.
Recently it's developed an odd problem. Starts fine and runs smooth at
first, but after it's been running approximately 20 minutes or...
Forum: Technology November 21st 07, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech, alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 2
Posted By HiC
Is a "test wire" for a Toyota 7MGE any special kind of wire?

There are various tasks that call for a test wire to go between
jumpers on a test block in the engine compartment - such as setting
the ignition timing. Can this be basically any conductive wire...
Forum: Technology November 21st 07, 01:51 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota, rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By HiC
Is this 7MGE overheating or some other issue?

On Nov 20, 2:18 pm, "Danny G." > wrote:

> > Maybe there's nothing wrong with it running hotter but it makes me
> > nervous when that needle edges up toward the red end. Or maybe...
Forum: Technology November 19th 07, 12:09 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota, rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By HiC
Is this 7MGE overheating or some other issue?

On Nov 18, 11:07 pm, "Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom>
wrote:

> > I keep reading that they're supposed to be loose when cold, tight when
> > hot...?
>
> You don't have to take my work for...
Forum: Technology November 19th 07, 11:53 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota, rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By HiC
Brand and/or vendor recommended for Toyota fan clutch

On Nov 19, 3:59 am, "mack" > wrote:

> > What's the quality likely to be on one gotten from Toyota?
>
> If it has a lifetime warranty, why not return it to Autozone? they...
Forum: Technology November 19th 07, 03:39 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota, rec.autos.tech

On Nov 18, 10:13 pm, Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B > wrote:

> Mine spins tight when cold, but also tight when hot. Not quite as tight,
> but you can't spin it with a flick of the wrist,...
Forum: Technology November 19th 07, 03:32 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota, rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By HiC
Is this 7MGE overheating or some other issue?

On Nov 18, 10:13 pm, Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B > wrote:

> But note: after replacing the fan clutch, the temp was NOT as rock steady
> as it had been before the OEM fan clutch went...
Forum: Technology November 19th 07, 03:27 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota, rec.autos.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By HiC
Brand and/or vendor recommended for Toyota fan clutch

Given the descriptions I've seen here of how a fan clutch is supposed
to behave, I suspect the lifetime warranty unit I got from Autozone
and its replacement aren't doing it. Who do you recommend...
Forum: Technology November 19th 07, 03:18 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota, rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By HiC
Brand and/or vendor recommended for Toyota fan clutch

Given the descriptions I've seen here of how a fan clutch is supposed
to behave, I suspect the lifetime warranty unit I got from Autozone
and its replacement aren't doing it. Who do you recommend...
Forum: Technology November 19th 07, 01:18 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota, rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By HiC
Is this 7MGE overheating or some other issue?

On Nov 18, 12:15 pm, "Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom>
wrote:

> The OP should check the replacement fan clutch operation and also think
> about the part of the head gasket that is...
Forum: Technology November 18th 07, 01:11 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota, rec.autos.tech

On Nov 17, 7:09 pm, "Ray O" <rokigawaATtristarassociatesDOTcom> wrote:

> Several things can cause an engine to run hot. Check the coolant mix, make
> sure the fan shroud and under-engine shrouds...
Forum: Technology November 17th 07, 01:00 PM Posted to alt.autos.toyota, rec.autos.tech
Replies: 24
Posted By HiC
Is this 7MGE overheating or some other issue?

'90 Supra with a 7MGE non-turbo. New fan clutch, radiator, thermostat,
water pump, fresh rebuild on the engine. Radiator and overflow tank
filled to correct levels.

After a few miles of running, the...
Forum: Technology November 1st 07, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By HiC
how much can you torque a bolt

On Oct 31, 9:52 pm, wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am just doing some quick back of the envelope calculations on how
> much you can torque a bolt. Let's use 60kpsi as the tensile...
Forum: Technology July 31st 07, 08:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 18
Posted By HiC
Poll - Should main bearing bolts be dry or lubed?

FWIW, I talked to several Toyota shops today including a dealership
service dept., they all recommended a light coat of oil on all bolts.
Forum: Technology July 31st 07, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

On Jul 30, 1:02 pm, Steve > wrote:
> HiC wrote:

> > And what purpose would you propose automotive newgroups should serve
> > if not ask questions about cars?
>
> But taking a "poll"...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 40