Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.49 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JS[_3_]
Forum: Ford Mustang June 1st 07, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By JS[_3_]
Putting together a field-parked Fox

chumley wrote:
> "Les Benn" > wrote in message
>> "JS" > wrote in message
Forum: Ford Mustang May 30th 07, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By JS[_3_]
1983 Mustang Convertible for Sale

Engine/transmission?

My Name Is Nobody wrote:
> Location? Miles? Price?
>

> > wrote in message
>
>>My...
Forum: Ford Mustang May 30th 07, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By JS[_3_]
Putting together a field-parked Fox

It's been a while since I've really had V-8 torque under my right foot,
and I'm thinking of getting one of my old 5.0s (a 1986 Mercury Capri
5-speed) put back together again. it's been sitting in...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 25th 07, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 12
Posted By JS[_3_]
Why wont ford offer a 32 valve v8 in Mustang that consumers canbuy ?

From my understanding, it was based largely on head design. The PI
heads, introduced mid-'01 for the 2v GTs, were stellar performers right
out of the box. They got better bottom end torque than...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 22nd 07, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 12
Posted By JS[_3_]
Why wont ford offer a 32 valve v8 in Mustang that consumers canbuy ?

While I think I can agree from a racing perspective that it's possible
to get more from an engine with 4v instead of 2v or 3v, don't forget
that the current '05-07 GT, with the 3v head, actually...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 16th 07, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 12
Posted By JS[_3_]
Why wont ford offer a 32 valve v8 in Mustang that consumers canbuy ?

Or you can get the mach1. Better flowing heads than the '96-98's, maybe
better than the '99-01 cars. '03-04 Cobras also come with 32v, just
with the added bonus of forced induction. The '04's...
Forum: Ford Mustang April 6th 07, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 41
Posted By JS[_3_]
How many mustangs have you owned?

wrote:
> Heres a topic everyone can enjoy.
>
> 1- 69 grande 302 rust bucket never got anywere with it, parted out
> 2- 69 coupe 351W
> 3- 89 GT 5.0 HO
> 4- above came with a 91...
Forum: Ford Mustang March 29th 07, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 16
Posted By JS[_3_]
Ethanol

Deputy Dog wrote:
> I have found that my 96 GTS with a stock 4.6 2V does not like gas with
> ethanol mixed in. It pings like hell when I jump on it. Here in Pa most
> generic Gas like hte crap...
Forum: Ford Mustang March 27th 07, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 4
Posted By JS[_3_]
Swapping a Chevy 350 into a v6 mustang

Agreed. Your 'free" LT1 won't be nearly as free after paying for most
of the customized parts you'll need. 5.0's are plentiful and relatively
painless, especially if you have the entire parts car...
Forum: Ford Mustang March 27th 07, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 2
Posted By JS[_3_]
Engine Swap and Mileage

84_mustang_5.0 wrote:
> I am considering swapping my 302 for a 351W in my manual '84 mustang.
> I currently have a four barrel carb and I was wondering what kind of
> mileage I would get with a 351W...
Forum: Ford Mustang February 20th 07, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By JS[_3_]
Ping: Patrick

wrote:
> On Feb 18, 10:00 am, JS > wrote:
>

>>Long time no see, Patrick. Been a while since I cruised RAMFM.
>

> Hey, JS!

Forum: Ford Mustang February 18th 07, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 7
Posted By JS[_3_]
Ping: Patrick

wrote: