Showing results 1 to 25 of 73
Search took 5.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ed White[_2_]
Forum: Technology December 2nd 08, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Ed White[_2_]
nobody knows history?

The BMW press release qualifies the use as "the first use in a production
vehicle." Lots of manufacturers have looked at using magnesium for engine
blocks (Ford and Audi for instance), but other...
Forum: Technology November 25th 08, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Ed White[_2_]
Fisker Karma.

> wrote in message
>I saw something on this evening CBS evening tv news about the Fisker
> Karma hybrid cars, based in...
Forum: Ford Mustang November 25th 08, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 302
Posted By Ed White[_2_]
Best no BS motor oil/filter comparison?

"WindsorFox<[SS]>" > wrote in message

> The three that I have cut open certainly were. I may have had some other
> fibers in...
Forum: Technology November 25th 08, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.toyota
Replies: 306
Posted By Ed White[_2_]
Best no BS motor oil/filter comparison?

"WindsorFox<[SS]>" > wrote in message

> The three that I have cut open certainly were. I may have had some other
> fibers in...
Forum: Driving November 4th 08, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.usa
Replies: 32
Posted By Ed White[_2_]
Gas now $2.27 -- Will rise after elections

"Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS" > wrote in
message ...
> The govt manipulated a rally in the $ to get commodities...
Forum: Technology August 26th 08, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Ed White[_2_]
Tire p Monitors: How Done ?

"Steve W." > wrote in message
> Robert11 wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> What's the principle behind the tire pressure monitors that display tire
>> p on a...
Forum: Technology August 26th 08, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Ed White[_2_]
Tire p Monitors: How Done ?

"N8N" > wrote in message
> On Aug 22, 5:56 pm, ChrisCoaster > wrote:
>> On Aug 22,...
Forum: Driving August 9th 08, 11:34 PM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.driving
Replies: 0
Posted By Ed White[_2_]
Interesting Week in Bermuda

I had a nice vacation in Bermuda. A very interesting and beautiful place. It
is a left side of the road place (right hand drive). The only "American"
cars I saw were a couple of Dakota pick-ups (at...
Forum: Technology July 17th 08, 04:04 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota.camry
Replies: 88
Posted By Ed White[_2_]
Some details of the 2AZ-FE engine

"N8N" > wrote in message
On Jul 16, 12:38 pm, EdV > wrote:

Think Diesel engine. ...
Forum: Technology July 15th 08, 04:34 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota.camry

"Built_Well" > wrote in message

> Gonna write this stuff down and post it so I don't lose...
Forum: Driving July 15th 08, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 88
Posted By Ed White[_2_]
Car stolen? You're on the hook for the damage the thief does.

"Alan Baker" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Ed White"...
Forum: Driving July 15th 08, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving

"Alan Baker" > wrote in message

> What a reasonable person would do is the standard. A reasonable person
> wouldn't leave a...
Forum: Driving April 24th 08, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics
Replies: 154
Posted By Ed White[_2_]
$4 gas is here yet idiot americans still oppose lower speed limits

"Studemania" > wrote in message
On Apr 23, 11:50 am, "Al Goreon" > wrote:
> "Speeders...
Forum: Driving April 24th 08, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics

"Trace" > wrote in message
> On Apr 23, 1:30 pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
Forum: Driving April 24th 08, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving
Replies: 44
Posted By Ed White[_2_]
There is no gas shortage

"Brent P" > wrote in message
> In article <480f5282$1@kcnews01>, C. E. White wrote:
>
>>In the broadest...
Forum: Ford Mustang March 20th 08, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Replies: 23
Posted By Ed White[_2_]
Upgrades for a 2006 V6 Mustang

My son's car is a 2006 Mustang V6 Coupe. He wants to upgrade the exhaust and
headlights. Being an old stick in the mud I have been opposing the changes.
Assuming I relent,, I'd like to hear...
Forum: Technology March 18th 08, 01:55 AM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Ed White[_2_]
Service memos - Ford Explorer Ater Market Remote Starter Damaging Battery?

The only Service Bulletin that would seem to apply is TSB 07-5-13:

FORD:2005-2008 Mustang
2005 Explorer Sport Trac
2005-2008 Expedition, Explorer
2007-2008 Explorer Sport Trac
LINCOLN:2005-2008...
Forum: Ford Explorer March 18th 08, 01:55 AM Posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Ed White[_2_]
Service memos - Ford Explorer Ater Market Remote Starter Damaging Battery?

The only Service Bulletin that would seem to apply is TSB 07-5-13:

FORD:2005-2008 Mustang
2005 Explorer Sport Trac
2005-2008 Expedition, Explorer
2007-2008 Explorer Sport Trac
LINCOLN:2005-2008...
Forum: Technology March 9th 08, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By Ed White[_2_]
The Best Car in World Today

"Lucern" > wrote in message
> The Best Car in World Today
>
> Trully the best and fastest sedan I have...
Forum: Technology February 28th 08, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Ed White[_2_]
is there a "standard" trailer connector?

"Nate Nagel" > wrote in message

> Automatic trans (E40D)
> A/C
> AM/FM stereo
> Rear step bumper
> Vinyl rear bench seat
>
> that's it! ...
Forum: General February 28th 08, 03:38 AM Posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 99
Posted By Ed White[_2_]
Beware of high tech running amok

"John S." > wrote in message

> Fine information but I think you are missing the point.

I thought you were...
Forum: Technology February 28th 08, 03:38 AM Posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 107

"John S." > wrote in message

> Fine information but I think you are missing the point.

I thought you were...
Forum: Driving February 28th 08, 03:38 AM Posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 117

"John S." > wrote in message

> Fine information but I think you are missing the point.

I thought you were...
Forum: Technology February 28th 08, 03:20 AM Posted to alt.autos,rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech