Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jim Benson
Forum: Technology September 7th 07, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.motorcycles,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech,ba.motorcycles
Replies: 72
Posted By Jim Benson
California Motorcycle & Automobile Riding & Driving & Written Tests

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 20:37:20 -0700, P. Roehling wrote:
> "Your own observations"? You mean you stood and watched a significant
> umber -say 1,000- riders take the riding test and then waited until...
Forum: Technology September 7th 07, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.motorcycles,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech,ba.motorcycles

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 22:20:00 -0400, Steve W. wrote:
> When I took my test the guy just before me failed when he touched down
> on the figure 8.

Bear in mind, we're not talking about an easy figure...
Forum: Technology September 7th 07, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.motorcycles,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech,ba.motorcycles

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 21:41:36 -0400, J. Clarke wrote:

> Why don't you just file a FOIA request for the data? But what
> difference does it make?

How does one do this?

The difference? The...
Forum: Technology September 7th 07, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.motorcycles,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech,ba.motorcycles

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 18:50:56 -0700, David White wrote:

> Where is it well documented that the Ca test is harder than all the
> other 49...
Forum: Technology September 7th 07, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.motorcycles,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 18:42:52 -0700, David White wrote:

> Jim Benson wrote:
>> On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 17:36:47 -0700, David White wrote:
>> =out?
>>> Thank you, Steve. Someone who passed an even harder...
Forum: Technology September 7th 07, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.motorcycles,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 18:38:23 -0700, David White wrote:

>> Basically, anyone who "says" they passed it on a GoldWing ... is lying.
>>
> Just because you can't does not mean that everyone else can't....
Forum: Technology September 7th 07, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.motorcycles,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 12:48:54 +1200, BrianNZ wrote:

> P. Roehling wrote:
>

>> The assumption that the tests *must* be unfair because the poster couldn't
>> pass them

I'd bet the statistics...
Forum: Technology September 7th 07, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.motorcycles,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:42:28 -0700, P. Roehling wrote:
> The assumption that the tests *must* be unfair because the poster couldn't
> pass them gives us a snapshot of the current American attitude...
Forum: Technology September 7th 07, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.motorcycles,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech

=
> Thank you, Steve. Someone who passed an even harder test than the CA
> test. And, on a Goldwing no less.

Not likely.

I think he was...
Forum: Technology September 6th 07, 10:21 PM Posted to ba.motorcycles,rec.motorcycles,ca.driving,rec.photo.digital,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Jim Benson
California Motorcycle & Automobile Riding & Driving & Written Tests

The California Department of Motor Vehicles offers 2 sample tests
online, which will pop up a JavaScript box as you answer each question
to tell you whether you got the answer right or wrong, and...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10