Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.82 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ivan Vegvary
Forum: Technology September 2nd 09, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
SOLVED!!! Help, car won't start

"Ivan Vegvary" > wrote in message
> Helping neighbor with 1996 Dodge Intrepid. Car quit suddenly while on
> highway. Obviously not...
Forum: Technology September 2nd 09, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Help, car won't start

"Ad absurdum per aspera" > wrote in message
> If I'm not mistaken, the 1996 Intrepid had On-Board...
Forum: Dodge September 2nd 09, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.autos,alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Replies: 8
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
OT Car won't start

"Moi" > wrote in message
> Cross-posted to the groups it should have been posted to in the first
> place...

Forum: Technology September 2nd 09, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Help, car won't start

Helping neighbor with 1996 Dodge Intrepid. Car quit suddenly while on
highway. Obviously not it won't start.

Replaced the following: (Auto wrecker lets us return parts for up to 30
days) (We...
Forum: Technology July 27th 09, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
AC advice needed

1994 Honda Accord, daughter's car. R134

Upon trying to charge, I get the following readings.
Low side 50 psi,
High side cycles between 350 and 450 psi.
Ambient temp = 85°±.

Tried vacuum pump for...
Forum: Technology July 21st 09, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Intalled Cruise Control

Purchased an Audiovox after market cruise control (quite a while ago) for my
run-around car (1995 Toyota Tercel).

Should have taken the average mechanic about an hour and a half to install.
I was...
Forum: Technology April 28th 09, 06:47 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Speed sensor location

I'm trying to install an after-market cruise control system (Audiovox
CCS-100) on a 1995 Toyota Tercel.

I subscribe to Alldata for the car. Trying to find out what this car has
available for...
Forum: Technology April 19th 09, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Cruise control (after-market install)

I'm trying to install an after-market cruise control system (Audiovox
CCS-100) on a 1995 Toyota Tercel. I know it's not much of a car, but, we
use it as our run-around vehicle and it does get an...
Forum: Technology July 23rd 08, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Battery question

Two identical RV batteries. They have been unhooked from the RV
'converter' (smart trickle charger) for 5 days. Checking with a hydrometer
shows that all cells are 75% charged. (12 cells, two...
Forum: Technology July 4th 08, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Oil drain plug leak

> Subject says it. 1994 Honda Accord. Changed oil and had a small drip
> from the drain plug after...
Forum: Technology July 3rd 08, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Oil drain plug leak

Subject says it. 1994 Honda Accord. Changed oil and had a small drip from
the drain plug after reinstalling. Tried a copper gasket from my collection
and still leaks. Went to Napa and paid $...
Forum: Technology March 2nd 08, 06:11 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Spare tire removal

2000 Chevy Silverado. Bought used in 2003.

Need to remove spare (looks brand new) for the first time in order to drill
a hole (5th wheel mount) in the bed. The removal tool, inserted into a hole...
Forum: Technology March 2nd 08, 05:59 AM Posted to alt.trucks.chevy,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
What can you do with a two-post lift?

"Chief McGee" > wrote in message

> Obviously they can pick up cars and trucks. But what else can you do with
> them? I have seen them...
Forum: Technology February 19th 08, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Chevy Silverado PU 5.3 liter engine question

"Steve W." > wrote in message
> Ivan Vegvary wrote:
>> "aarcuda69062" > wrote in message
Forum: Technology February 19th 08, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Chevy Silverado PU 5.3 liter engine question

"aarcuda69062" > wrote in message
> In article <F7Duj.9629$eg3.9446@trndny05>,
> "Ivan Vegvary" >...
Forum: Technology February 19th 08, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Chevy Silverado PU 5.3 liter engine question

Truck has 100,000, never a problem. First warm day yesterday in Oregon.
Stop at Safeway and 15 minutes later the truck does not start. Turn the
key, engine spins and within less than a second it...
Forum: Technology December 13th 07, 07:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Mazda b2600 Key Question

> wrote in message
>I have a simple question for any mazda pre 94 truck owner. Is the
> ignition key...
Forum: Technology November 19th 07, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Wheel applications

> the best I can offer is tirerack.com
>
> You can't look up by size, but if you look up the car, they'll give you
> the OEM tire sizes that came on it.
>
> The wheels probably won't swap to...
Forum: Technology November 19th 07, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Wheel applications

Does anybody know of a web site that would tell me what size wheels would
bolt on to what cars?

Here is the issue.

I am trying to sell some studded tires (legal in Oregon) along with the
wheels. ...
Forum: Technology October 8th 07, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Prices of ignitors

Don't need an igniter, but, was looking at one of the car-parts web sites
and couldn't believe the price of ignitors. They want $ 3-400 each. They
are the size of a small match box. Can there...
Forum: Technology August 22nd 07, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Check engine light

"Noozer" > wrote in message

> "Ivan Vegvary" > wrote in message
>> 1995 Toyota...
Forum: Technology August 21st 07, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Check engine light

1995 Toyota Tercel. Bought it at 160,000 miles and the seller says that
nobody is able to cancel the "Check Engine" light. Told me not to worry
about smog test, it will pass. He was right it...
Forum: Technology August 5th 07, 07:08 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
OBDII vs OBDI

If I buy an OBD2 code reader will it also work on my 1995 Toyota Tercel. I
don't know what the Tercel takes, but, all the adds for OBD2 readers say
they are compatible for 1996 and newer cars. ...
Forum: Technology June 17th 07, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Power steering air control valve

1995 Toyota Tercel
I am retrofitting a power steering system (rack & pinion) into this car.
The donor car (identical model) is not available to me. I have a factory
shop manual. BUT, the rack and...
Forum: Technology February 13th 07, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Ivan Vegvary
Seat belt question

"Steve W." > wrote in message ...
>z wrote:
>> On Feb 9, 2:18 am, "Ivan Vegvary" > wrote:
>>> I drive 4 different vehicles. Driver's seat...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30