Search: Posts made by: Steve W.[_6_]
Forum: Technology May 7th 18, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve W.[_6_]
windscreen affecting airbags? eh?

wrote:
> On Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 8:01:07 PM UTC+8, Steve W. wrote:
>> The glass is an integral part of the safety systems, on many vehicles
>> the glass is used as a barrier...
Forum: Technology May 6th 18, 01:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:
> I saw an advert from an auto windowscreen company claiming that if you
> windscreen is not fitted properly, it might affect airbags deployment.
> How so?

The glass is an...
Forum: Technology April 15th 18, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Steve W.[_6_]
Speedometer Reading After Crash

wrote:
> i mostly agree with the above but will point out " no longer have
> speedometers that work by attaching a cable to a vehicle wheel " //
> was only true for bicycles and...
Forum: Technology April 7th 18, 08:33 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve W.[_6_]
are fuses always on 12V side of a device?

wrote:
> I find a lot of vehicles used "switched earth" system, where devices join
> to a 12 V main wire, and are switched on the earth side. But then, would
> the fuse still be...
Forum: Technology March 30th 18, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve W.[_6_]
Clear Spark Plug?

AMuzi wrote:
> On 3/29/2018 8:14 PM, Mechanically Electric wrote:
>> https://youtu.be/HyuPm9wtAsc
>>
>> Ill be putting one of these together, let me know what ya think,
>> opinions welcome. Please...
Forum: Technology March 23rd 18, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Steve W.[_6_]
new build, ford 302 , cam frozen

wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 11:36:52 AM UTC-5,
> wrote:
>> built 347 stroker Installed all moving parts, rotated engine.fine
>> AFTER THREE...
Forum: Technology March 20th 18, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:
> built 347 stroker
> Installed all moving parts, rotated engine.fine
> AFTER THREE REVS, CAM LOCKED DOWN
>
> this is second time--two cams and two sets of cam...
Forum: Technology March 9th 18, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Steve W.[_6_]
Do we really need to use "dri gas" anymore?

dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 10:42:30 PM UTC-10, Steve W. wrote:
>> Show me a car that has a sealed system that actually runs. They are
>> all vented through the charcoal canister....
Forum: Technology March 9th 18, 08:44 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

The Real Bev wrote:
> On 03/08/2018 04:48 PM, Basia wrote:
>> There is still some use for these. Older gas stations
>> frequently have moisture in their tanks and some gas
>> is purposefully diluted...
Forum: Technology March 9th 18, 08:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech

dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 11:16:43 AM UTC-10,
> wrote:
>> Years ago it was common to put a can of "dri gas" into the tank
>> with each fill up to absorb any...
Forum: Technology February 5th 18, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By Steve W.[_6_]
"Power" mirror question

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
> I bought on eBay a mirror for my '02 300M that was described as a
> "power" mirror that "fits" the 300M and some other Chrysler Corp. models.
>
> Now I find that it...
Forum: Technology January 22nd 18, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve W.[_6_]
2006 GMC Envoy, (denali) rear air suspension problem

wrote:
> On Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 1:36:08 PM UTC-5,
> wrote:
>> My wife has a 2006 GMC Envoy, {Denali}. It has the air suspension
>> in the...
Forum: Technology January 9th 18, 02:13 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 81
Posted By Steve W.[_6_]
Drum brakes - do you disconnect the parking brake cable?

Mad Roger wrote:
> I haven't done drum brakes ever but I'm faced with these drum brakes where
> I'd just like to ask a couple of questions from those of you who have done
> drum brakes before.

Forum: Technology January 6th 18, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Steve W.[_6_]
Firing order

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
> This always bugged me. Why is firing order always non-consecutive?

It's simple. it's not possible to balance the crankshaft in most engines
to do that and still have...
Forum: Technology December 16th 17, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve W.[_6_]
My 1983 Dodge van.

wrote:
> 318 engine. When I turn the key in the ignition switch there is a
> click noise and about a two seconds delay untill the starter motor
> gets the engine started. Is...
Forum: Technology December 16th 17, 05:06 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 19
Posted By Steve W.[_6_]
Do you have the electronics skills to design a good home madesmoke machine?

Arthur Wood wrote:
> All we need to find vacuum leaks in a complex engine is a smoke machine
> that works. All it needs to do is...
> a. Emit lots of smoke that won't clog up an engine when it...
Forum: Technology December 16th 17, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve W.[_6_]
Scanner for car.

wrote:
> On Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 12:15:22 PM UTC-6, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> In article >,
Forum: Technology December 13th 17, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Steve W.[_6_]
What would cause belts to squeal when heater fan is turned on?

wrote:
> So mine does it when I turn the head lights on and it if I have the
> heater on high at low rmp's. So your saying I need to replace my
> alternator belt...
Forum: Technology December 6th 17, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Steve W.[_6_]
Mazda B2300 steering column

wrote:
> I need to dismantle the upper part of the steering column on my 96
> B2300. The part or parts that connect the ignition switch to the key
> cylinder has broken. I don't...
Forum: Technology November 6th 17, 08:32 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 528
Posted By Steve W.[_6_]
What are some car-repair jobs you always wished you could dobut have never done?

RS Wood wrote:
> Steve W. wrote:
>
>> Chains don't mean a lot when they drop them down to bicycle sizes with
>> small pins. Things stretch like cheap rope.
>
> I think the only reason manufactures...
Forum: Technology November 6th 17, 12:58 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

Xeno wrote:
> On 6/11/2017 9:13 AM, wrote:
>> On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 19:56:38 +1100, Xeno >
>> wrote:

Forum: Technology November 6th 17, 12:53 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair

The Real Bev wrote:
> On 11/05/2017 03:31 PM, Xeno wrote:

Forum: Technology November 1st 17, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Steve W.[_6_]
Common Auto Body Problem

J.B. Wood wrote:
> Hello, all, especially those auto body work craftspersons. No matter
> how diligent one is, sooner or later, while parked next to someone you
> get one of those small (sometimes...
Forum: Technology October 28th 17, 05:39 AM Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Steve W.[_6_]
Need to buy a transmission jack for a Tacoma clutch - HF hasa sale - advice?

harry newton wrote:
> I need to buy a transmission jack for a Tacoma clutch.
> How heavy is a W59 Toyota Tacoma transmission anyway?
>
> I this 800# jack (on sale until the end of the month) good...
Forum: Technology October 19th 17, 10:53 AM Posted to rec.autos.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve W.[_6_]
2010 Pontiac Vibe problem