Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Eric[_1_]
Forum: VW air cooled June 5th 12, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Eric[_1_]
FS: Hazet 36 mm striking wrench

I have a Hazet 36 mm striking wrench for sale. It's used, but the wrench
points show no wear. It works great on the rear axle nuts when you don't
have air tools available or when they aren't...
Forum: Technology August 18th 07, 08:45 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.honda,alt.electronics
Replies: 54
Posted By Eric[_1_]
OK, ladies and gentlemen, put on your Thinking Caps...

"Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B" wrote:

> And come up with a Cheap-Ass alarm.
>
> On the Mazda, I don't want to go to the trouble or expense of installing a
> real alarm, but I want something.

How...
Forum: Honda August 10th 07, 01:29 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 20
Posted By Eric[_1_]
Rear wheel bearings

Wayne L wrote:

> BTW, the manuals are up to about $200 for the complete set.

A more likely price is $70 http://tinyurl.com/29qqy6

Add $35 if you want the supplement manual for the navigation...
Forum: Honda August 10th 07, 12:54 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 20
Posted By Eric[_1_]
Rear wheel bearings

Wayne L wrote:

> My regular propane torch won't get hot enough? I have a little Propane /
> MAPP & Oxygen torch too, but the MAPP bottles are expensive, and the
> oxygen bottle are even more...
Forum: Honda July 25th 07, 07:10 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 5
Posted By Eric[_1_]
Replacing micro instrument lights with LEDs?

"Mark G." wrote:

> Good afternoon.
>
> I need to replace various micro-sized light bulbs in my radio and CD
> player (1991 Accord.) The Honda dealer wants about five bucks each for
> them; these...
Forum: Honda July 3rd 07, 07:38 AM Posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
Replies: 39
Posted By Eric[_1_]
2008 Smart commuter car gets 40 mpg and will selling in USA for$12k.

Useful Info wrote:

> Read all about it, he http://Muvy.org

My '88 Civic gets between 38 and 41 MPG and it cost quite a bit less than
$12K.

Eric
Forum: Honda May 31st 07, 09:01 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 11
Posted By Eric[_1_]
How dangerous is coolant hose failure?

wrote:

> OKay. . thanks for setting me straight, guys.
>
> The dealership actually wanted $430+tax to change 'em. Maybe they are
> cheap on oil changes but expensive on major...
Forum: Honda December 29th 06, 02:51 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 10
Posted By Eric[_1_]
99 Accord V6 - power steering/trans flush?

Dave Garrett wrote:

> Took my 99 Accord V6 to the dealer today for an "express" oil change
> that turned into a longer wait than expected. When the service advisor
> came out, he showed me samples...
Forum: VW air cooled December 3rd 06, 10:37 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Eric[_1_]
FS: Karmann Ghia Parts

Original VW autoglass from a hardtop '71 Karmann Ghia.

• Rear Window (with defrost).
• Driver's Door Window (with the mounting bracket).
• Left Rear Wing Window (with the latch).

I will also sell...
Forum: Honda November 11th 06, 08:42 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 9
Posted By Eric[_1_]
Automatic vs. manual transmission in a used Honda Civic

Earle Horton wrote:

> "Jacqueline Passey" > wrote in message
> > I am trying to find a good used Honda...
Forum: Honda November 1st 06, 11:27 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 5
Posted By Eric[_1_]
Throttle Body Coolant Bypass?

wrote:

> I live in a hot climate, where it never snows, it's always humid and
> the coldest it gets is around 84 degrees Fahrenheit (93 in the shade in
> summer!).
>
> Even if a...
Forum: Honda November 1st 06, 11:23 PM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 6
Posted By Eric[_1_]
Valve clearance question

wrote:

> I adjusted the valve clearances on a '95 Civic, 1.6L DOHC non-vtec,
> yesterday, with good results. However I read on an older thread that,
> while measuring the gap,...
Forum: Honda August 21st 06, 10:34 AM Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Replies: 14
Posted By Eric[_1_]
Silly unimportant question about oil

High Tech Misfit wrote:

> I have been carrying a container of oil in the trunk of my car for a few
> years now. I don't do my own oil changes, and I have the container on
> hand in the event...
Forum: Honda July 30th 06, 11:46 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Replies: 7
Posted By Eric[_1_]
del Sol Power Steering Question

Eric wrote:

> Front Office wrote:
> >
> > My girlfriend's '94 del Sol needs new seals on its
> > power steering unit. It doesn't look like that big
> > of a sweat to do it myself. (The local...
Forum: Honda July 30th 06, 11:35 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda

Front Office wrote:

> My girlfriend's '94 del Sol needs new seals on its
> power steering unit. It doesn't look like that big
> of a sweat to do it myself. (The local garages
> and dealers all...
Forum: VW air cooled July 29th 06, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Replies: 0
Posted By Eric[_1_]
FS: Karmann Ghia Parts

I have some original VW glass from a '71 hardtop Ghia.

These parts include:

1. The drivers door window with the mounting bracket
2. The left rear vent window with the latch
3. The rear window with...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16