Showing results 1 to 25 of 58
Search took 1.76 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: miker[_2_]
Forum: Mazda January 25th 11, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 17
Posted By miker[_2_]
I passed!

>> Douglass, can you give us quickie / approx $ translation? Sorry, I
>> know that I should know.
>
> http://www.dollars2pounds.com/

You can also put "xxx UK pounds in US Dollars" in the Google...
Forum: Mazda January 18th 11, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 31
Posted By miker[_2_]
Off Topic question

"XS11E" > wrote in message
> Compare reliability ratings with the Towncar.

Saturday with a bunch of guys the subject of...
Forum: Mazda January 14th 11, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 15
Posted By miker[_2_]
Thinking about an NB

> I guess I wasn't clear - I meant that the ethanol content has lowered mpg
> noticeably. I'm not blaming it for the pinging.

Oh, got it... yeah, definitely. I imagine it lowers mpg about, oh......
Forum: Mazda January 14th 11, 12:29 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 15
Posted By miker[_2_]
Thinking about an NB

> My '90 was perfectly happy with the lowest octane gas. Ran like a trooper
> no matter what the conditions or acceleration. The '04 prefers the
> mid-range octane rating.

Ok... I wonder if...
Forum: Mazda January 13th 11, 12:56 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 15
Posted By miker[_2_]
Thinking about an NB

Thanks Iva. Can you elaborate on the fuel thing?

Seems like many don't like the NB seats. Are there reasonable aftermarket
solutions, rather than adapting old NA seats?

miker
Forum: Mazda January 11th 11, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 31
Posted By miker[_2_]
Off Topic question

> The company told him they would pay, subject to approval, 80% of the
> purchase price and 80% of fuel.

Trick question. Clearly the answer is "Whatever is the most expensive car
they will go...
Forum: Mazda January 3rd 11, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 15
Posted By miker[_2_]
Thinking about an NB

My dog was constantly opening windows in my NA - always wanted to stand with
his front legs on the console. Then he would suddenly make a surprise surge
and wind up in my lap. Based on his...
Forum: Mazda January 2nd 11, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 15
Posted By miker[_2_]
Thinking about an NB

Thanks Chris, exactly the kind of comparison I was looking for. I see my
impression of the seats being different must have been reality-based. Your
thought of putting NA seats in the NB is...
Forum: Mazda January 1st 11, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 15
Posted By miker[_2_]
Thinking about an NB

"Tim M." > wrote :

<<Good luck and buy the nicest, lowest-mileage example you can find,
because they're cheaper to buy nice than to make nice. >>

Good advice, which...
Forum: Mazda December 31st 10, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 15
Posted By miker[_2_]
Thinking about an NB

Hi all,

It's been a fun year with my Ranger - hauled my motorcycle around a few
places including the Rockies and Black Hills, and driving a vehicle so
invisible that it has yet to draw it's first...
Forum: Mazda January 10th 10, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 3
Posted By miker[_2_]
Bye for now

Folks, it's been great! This group has been a wonderful source of info and
discussion... but today I traded the '96 NA on a Ford Ranger. (Oh, THAT will
be different... =:O ) Going to do some cycle...
Forum: Mazda December 30th 09, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By miker[_2_]
quad head lites

I think I have the Brainstorm setup, but all four bulbs appear the same
type. Nevertheless, high beam does seem like "more".

miker

"peter" > wrote in message...
Forum: Mazda December 14th 09, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 16
Posted By miker[_2_]
Hard Top Time

>> ?? Have I just been lucky?
>
> Yes.

Sounds like it. I've brushed mine off a few times with no bad effect, but
mine normally sits in a garage and doesn't often get snow build-up, so it's
rare I...
Forum: Mazda December 12th 09, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 16
Posted By miker[_2_]
Hard Top Time

> Good point, the fact that the plastic window could virtually shatter if
> touched in super cold weather seemed insane to me.

?? Have I just been lucky? Window always seemed ok in super cold......
Forum: Mazda December 9th 09, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 65
Posted By miker[_2_]
Who's hanging out here these days?

"XS11E" > wrote in message
> The 1978 was in many respects a more desirable machine than any of the
> later versions because of...
Forum: Mazda December 3rd 09, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 65
Posted By miker[_2_]
Who's hanging out here these days?

Still here pretty much every day.

I saw a red Mazdaspeed turbo at a dealer yesterday. No price on it and I
didn't have time to check it out. Are they fun?

miker
Forum: Mazda November 25th 09, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 5
Posted By miker[_2_]
radio changes station when news is broadcast

> I have the in-dash CD changer version and it has started to change
> radio channels when news is broadcast -

You're in the test area for the new government "Information Improvement"
service. It's...
Forum: Mazda November 18th 09, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By miker[_2_]
Limping home

<<It looks like corrosion
got the best of your parts and maybe there is some impact damage that
you didn't know about that weakened the part?>>

I doubt there's impact damage, but the car has been...
Forum: Mazda November 18th 09, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By miker[_2_]
Limping home

So, what is the appropriate repair? Nothing looks broke, but I'd hate to
have it happen again.
Forum: Mazda November 18th 09, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 4
Posted By miker[_2_]
Limping home

Heard a weird creaking (no, not the exhaust, haha) as I backed out of my
parking spot. Pulled out onto the highway and all of a sudden there's this
violent oscillation, kinda like you'd get with a...
Forum: Mazda October 31st 09, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 26
Posted By miker[_2_]
JR CAI SUCKS!

<remember some the brit bike oil systems which were "designed" to be
total loss systems? the rest just were :). >>

They also featured an early version of anti-lock brakes.

miker
Forum: Mazda October 29th 09, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 2
Posted By miker[_2_]
another general car question

The heavy cables to the battery can be corroded inside the clamps, if the
cable ends are the clamp-on type. If that's the case, perhaps the pressure
of the jumper cables is making them contact. You...
Forum: Mazda October 23rd 09, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By miker[_2_]
Maybe summer is over?

<<Tim - suspect I will rdrive the Miata with the top down through the
winter. After all, I do have electrically heated clothing!>>

Oh man, product idea... electrially heated toneau cover...just...
Forum: Mazda October 22nd 09, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 7
Posted By miker[_2_]
Maybe summer is over?

> Just checked the temperature, it was below 80F, too cold to support
> human life! Damn, I'm going to miss the nice, comfortable 100+
> days....

Here too. I'm going to miss the nice comfortable...
Forum: Mazda October 9th 09, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Replies: 9
Posted By miker[_2_]
Saturated

> when I neglected to put the top up, and after a day or so it was
> absolutely bone dry like I had parked it in Tucson with the windows
> open.

Tucson has a hi-humidity monson season too. Just so...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 58